Champions League 20/21

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I imagine Thiago Silva’s wages are very high.

Truth is there aren’t a lot of quality CBs around.

He's 36, for the money they are no doubt paying him it seems crazy but they clearly didn't want to pay a fee for anyone. 

There are a few young guys who would cost a fair wedge. Upamecano, Konate from RBL, Inigo Martinez (not sure why he has never got his big move, 29 now but still a good buy IMO), Ozan Kabak

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

He's 36, for the money they are no doubt paying him it seems crazy but they clearly didn't want to pay a fee for anyone. 

There are a few young guys who would cost a fair wedge. Upamecano, Konate from RBL, Inigo Martinez (not sure why he has never got his big move, 29 now but still a good buy IMO), Ozan Kabak

I like Martinez too, he's solid. I haven't really paid much attention to Kabak. I've watched Schalke maybe 3 or 4 times in the past two seasons but must admit he's passed me by.

I'd like to see Upamecano consistently play for RB Leipzig in a 2 man pairing, rather than play in the middle of a 3 or on the right of a 3 every couple of games, which Nagelsmann likes doing with him. I think he is clearly a great prospect, but I just don't know if for the price a team would have to pay whether he would live up to that price tag.

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

There is loads of CBs who would improve them IMO.

Criminal he continues to play Zouma or Christensen over Rudiger. Tomori would be better than either as well.

If I'm being honest I think Rudiger is the best out of those mentioned but I don't rate him as being at the level Chelsea should want for a CB. 

25 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I like Martinez too, he's solid. I haven't really paid much attention to Kabak. I've watched Schalke maybe 3 or 4 times in the past two seasons but must admit he's passed me by.

I'd like to see Upamecano consistently play for RB Leipzig in a 2 man pairing, rather than play in the middle of a 3 or on the right of a 3 every couple of games, which Nagelsmann likes doing with him. I think he is clearly a great prospect, but I just don't know if for the price a team would have to pay whether he would live up to that price tag.

Kabak was rumoured to be interesting Liverpool recently

Fair comment on Upamecano

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Where's that? 

https://www.vogelbraeu.de/ettlingen/lokal.html

Thought this could maybe be our only chance to see her parents this year. Here for a week. This pub is a favourite and the beer is brewed on site and is fantastic. Her and her friend are blathering away on another table and I am going to watch the Bayern game only having to remember the table no. where the women are to get another fest bier bought to my table. Could be worse😊