Europa League 20/21

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

KÍ Klaksvík beating Dinamo Tbilisi 6-1 is phenomenal. Klaksvík has a population of 5.000 whilst the Tbilisi stadium holds 55.000. KÍ are in the playoffs against Dundalk. Definitely doable.. imagine they get in the group stages :lol: 

I saw that score mate. That’s incredible. Are they home or away next tie? 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, johanhentze said:

KÍ Klaksvík beating Dinamo Tbilisi 6-1 is phenomenal. Klaksvík has a population of 5.000 whilst the Tbilisi stadium holds 55.000. KÍ are in the playoffs against Dundalk. Definitely doable.. imagine they get in the group stages :lol: 

Came on this thread after just seeing that score. Cracking stuff. Hope us and them qualify and we get each other in group. 

10 hours ago, johanhentze said:

That is a fantastic result and a pretty decent draw. If they beat Dundalk then surely that would be a huge game changer for football up there financially?

1 hour ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

Worth a wee fiver bet ?

I think so. They are very organised and take their chances. They beat Tbilisi 6-1 but only had 29% possession. They lost 3-1 away to Young Boys so they are a pretty good side even though they are from a wee village population 5000. Only thing going against them is the grass pitch. 

7 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I think so. They are very organised and take their chances. They beat Tbilisi 6-1 but only had 29% possession. They lost 3-1 away to Young Boys so they are a pretty good side even though they are from a wee village population 5000. Only thing going against them is the grass pitch. 

I've got family from Torshaven. Not seen them in 30 years. Can still smell that meat :lol:

I just checked the rest of the scores and saw AC Milan have barely sneaked through against Rio Ave 9-8 on penalties after scoring a 120th minute equaliser from the spot.   24 penalties taken in the shootout.   How the mighty have fallen.

I haven't paid much attention to the qualifying rounds but how the fuck does a team from the last 16 "last season" get a Dutch team and a Turkish team in the last 2 qualifying rounds, yet the mhanks get a team in the play-off round they knocked out in the first round last season and Dundalk knock out a team from the Faroes in the PO round?   Even ignoring last season's last 16 with us, surely the coefficients being so close with Scotland and Turkey that we'd avoid them?  seems a bit screwed up to me but we're there anyway. 

Also, nice to see the team that the sheep suggested are a Champ Leg team got humped the round after they knocked them out. Deluded fucks. 

• 6 months later...

Archived