Greg Docherty statement on leaving Rangers

ayrshireranger

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I've not read all the replies but please tell me cunts aren't slagging him off cos of his jaw :headwall:

I could have got the wrong person but not long after he signed I thought you said on here that you only had to look at his jaw to tell he wasn't a professional footballer.

Apologies if it wasn't you :lol: 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I could have got the wrong person but not long after he signed I thought you said on here that you only had to look at his jaw to tell he wasn't a professional footballer.

Apologies if it wasn't you :lol: 

:lol: sounds like something I would say. 

I said something about his shoulders and being like a wee track and field athlete or short putter.

Although I did get told once before Rangers vs Livorno at a bar outside the tower of Pisa when the looky looky men were over annoying us, that, you can tell where about's in Africa someone is from from the shape of their heed. I still don't know to this day if it's a windup.

11 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

:lol: sounds like something I would say. 

I said something about his shoulders and being like a wee track and field athlete or short putter.

Although I did get told once before Rangers vs Livorno at a bar outside the tower of Pisa when the looky looky men were over annoying us, that, you can tell where about's in Africa someone is from from the shape of their heed. I still don't know to this day if it's a windup.

There is such a thing as forensic skull identification - where you can identify what race a dead person is when you find a body - for example when cops on cold cases reconstruct faces based on the skull found for sketches to find out who people are.

But that sounds suspiciously like some kind of crackpot 19th century racist theory around measuring skulls for intelligence and other pseudoscience.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There is such a thing as forensic skull identification - where you can identify what race a dead person is when you find a body - for example when cops on cold cases reconstruct faces based on the skull found for sketches to find out who people are.

But that sounds suspiciously like some kind of crackpot 19th century racist theory around measuring skulls for intelligence and other pseudoscience.

The guy that said it was black btw.

Nice sentiment from Greg and I wish him all the best in his career away from us.

He will always be able to reflect that he played for the club he loves, something I and most of our support will never do but it also dose not deminish our love for the same club. 

Will happily welcome him back as a supporter in the stands as the feeling I get watching The Rangers is second too none.

3 hours ago, 2nd Flute said:

We will soon have a team with no Scottish players in it, no Rangers fans, this team have already proven they have the heart of a mouse, worried. 

That's a failure of the management to blood some of the youth players. It's little wonder many will be looking for opportunities elsewhere. It's not easy to build a decent team from Scottish players these days when you're reliant on players other teams produce. 

We used to sign some belters from clubs like Clydebank (Cooper) but it's hard to imagine getting anything decent from that level these days.  The SPFL is rammed full of ordinary Scottish journeymen and one or two players who may have the potential to make the step up.

Never really got a fair chance imo, should go on to have a decent career. I live near Hull, and go to the odd game,so will be looking forward to seeing how he progresses. If Gerrard wins us the title no one will give the decision to let Docherty go a second thought , however if we don't win the title everyone will scrutinise every decision Gerrard has made (including this one). 

How Barker got games over this wee man is a mystery , can only put it down to Barker being one of Gerrard's  choices.

Lad  will go on to have a decent career .

Sad to see him go but  was never going to get his chance after we signed Hagi.

All the best to you Greg and I'm sure many bears will  be keeping an eye out  for how your doing at  Hull.

Archived