Castore Kit Thread

Clemdog

52 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it a "focus group" that was heavily involved in that MyGers nonsense a while back? 

Aye mate , pretty sure we were fed the line that all the main points of the MyGers scheme were the result of positive feedback from the focus groups !

1 hour ago, northern bear said:

I was going to buy my son the home top but judging by this thread there is no point as the tops are shite quality or is it just that the service is bad?

I was one of those who didn’t have their July 1st preorder home top delivered.  Eventually got a refund in late August and I have to say, I’m glad.

Finally, went to the store on Sunday for the first time and the difference between the home top and the away/3rd kit was really noticeable. I checked loads of the tops from each and the away and 3rd tops were superior in terms of detail, quality of stitching and fabric. 

I wouldn’t touch one of the Turkish home tops tbh (especially as it’s a lie/scam from Castore that those are the actual, proper replica kits).  For me, it’s the Chinese away and 3rd top, especially, all the way.

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

More like handpicked, random lol can’t believe he has the gall to claim random selection. 

There is a reply to Greg  on Twitter that suggests it was a ballot but that is possibly a rando, I do not know.

I'm not Club 1872 , I did not agree with lack of independence from the club but right now  that is immaterial.  What is material is that thousands of us are  part of the Club1872 family and for the club to blatantly ignore them as a supporters representative organisation when they hold so much equity in the club is just not right.  

9 minutes ago, BareGrills said:

There is a reply to Greg  on Twitter that suggests it was a ballot but that is possibly a rando, I do not know.

I'm not Club 1872 , I did not agree with lack of independence from the club but right now  that is immaterial.  What is material is that thousands of us are  part of the Club1872 family and for the club to blatantly ignore them as a supporters representative organisation when they hold so much equity in the club is just not right.  

Do they even know how much they own given the soft loans and lack of being floated on an exchange? Has anyone in club1872 asked?

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

This. Come out and say you've fucked up and how you are going to fix it then work with the club and fans. What they done with that fucking disaster iPad statement was just pour a shitload of lighter fluid on the fire. Screams of unprofessional cunts who don't know what they are doing and are well out of their depth.

This would be suicide for Castore. They’d be publicly admitting they breached the contract leaving them wide open to any claims. 

I think no matter who our supplier was this season, they were going to struggle big time since it’s the first time in a long time the club are getting a good deal out of it. 

When I heard they expected to sell a minimum of 500k units over the season I thought that would of been about right/a slight push. I think we are well on the road to eclipsing that very early. I don’t think they’ll underestimate it next season and I think they’ll get it bang on. 

2 hours ago, sandyboyblue said:

Sad as it is, they won’t be getting another penny off me until they sort out the fiasco with my pre ordered top. I’m still waiting on either a refund or another top, and I was supposed to get priority with my Gers 

Exactly the same for me and I hate doing it because I want to give the club my money but they’re making it very difficult. 

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it a "focus group" that was heavily involved in that MyGers nonsense a while back? 

There were various fans meetings, I’m guessing the meetings were a complete waste of time , even although I didn’t attend any I find it hard to believe supporters came up with any of that 

The thing I am wary of is the bullshit opinions of focus groups that led to MyGers and the like there is no way that Rangers fans I know online or indeed in real life would have agreed to that! This meeting tomorrow will be a shit show, either we get the questions asked and the answers are deflected or its guys ignoring the issues and basically bumping Castore, Would not be surprised if we suddenly had ten handpicked scousers in the meeting!:whistle:

7 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

I was one of those who didn’t have their July 1st preorder home top delivered.  Eventually got a refund in late August and I have to say, I’m glad.

Finally, went to the store on Sunday for the first time and the difference between the home top and the away/3rd kit was really noticeable. I checked loads of the tops from each and the away and 3rd tops were superior in terms of detail, quality of stitching and fabric. 

I wouldn’t touch one of the Turkish home tops tbh (especially as it’s a lie/scam from Castore that those are the actual, proper replica kits).  For me, it’s the Chinese away and 3rd top, especially, all the way.

It'll be his first Rangers top so I was really wanting the home one tbh. The away one is nice but he will ruin it due to the colour and although the 3rd kit is decent they will hardly wear it 

2 hours ago, northern bear said:

It'll be his first Rangers top so I was really wanting the home one tbh. The away one is nice but he will ruin it due to the colour and although the 3rd kit is decent they will hardly wear it 

Just get it. It’s not shite quality, but there is a difference between it and the away kit. There’s definite isssues with Castore, but we buy our kids kits so they can support the club and wear the same kit as their heroes - he will not come up to you and complain that the stitching and a wee bit of material on the back isn’t as good quality on the Turkish kit as it is on the Chinese one.

First rule of business is ‘snake it til you make it.’ If Nike won’t admit to using Muslim concentration camps making some of their gear, Castore certainly won’t admit to their outsourcing problems. By this point the Club are at fault for blatantly letting it happen and attempting to cover it up. 

I might be a bit behind on this thread now and I'm confused but are the Chinese tops now the standard home tops or are they the more expensive pro tops.

Could someone do a breakdown of what tops are what i.e, if i walk in to the Rangers shop or use Castore online shop and buy a standard home top where is it made, same for 'pro' top?