Castore Kit Thread

Clemdog

I may be completely in the minority here, but I’m willing to accept these issue as long as they get fixed soon, and that the club still receives a large sum of money.

The same issues next season/ at Christmas and we have a big problem.

Incidentally the normal Castore stuff is great, so I’m hoping it really is just them being overwhelmed and having to outsource.

The annoying thing is I was happy to buy the pro top, but now I’m having second thoughts as I don’t know what I’ll be getting. I expect I’ll buy it anyway, and let folk know what it is like when it comes (assuming the white or black ones are available in pro too)

9 minutes ago, Swally said:

I think it's wrong to label people depending  on how they go about complaining about something that they bought with their own money.

Personally, I'd be asking other people online if they had the same issue while contacting castore, and if they didn't sort it out, I'd contact the club.

People handle things in different ways.

I was referring to them ignoring child abuse. 

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Hopefully this is similar to Admiral and we get rid after a year.

We tried something different, it didn’t work and we move on. 👍🏻

The longer this carries on, the more likely that situation becomes a reality.

38 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm quite tolerant and look to give benefit of the doubt, ie think teething problems, lack of experience, etc.

But that one is inexcusable. Its more fraud than incompetence.

Correct, trading standards would be all over that. 

The brass neck to mark it up by 500% as well. 

19 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I may be completely in the minority here, but I’m willing to accept these issue as long as they get fixed soon, and that the club still receives a large sum of money.

The same issues next season/ at Christmas and we have a big problem.

Incidentally the normal Castore stuff is great, so I’m hoping it really is just them being overwhelmed and having to outsource.

The annoying thing is I was happy to buy the pro top, but now I’m having second thoughts as I don’t know what I’ll be getting. I expect I’ll buy it anyway, and let folk know what it is like when it comes (assuming the white or black ones are available in pro too)

I think everyone would agree with your first par. It’s just that at the moment when presented with an opportunity to front up and fix things they seem to be doubling down and lying which isn’t a good sign. People will understand if they are honest.

Even on FF where normally the club line gets swallowed hook line and sinker people are getting angry with the situation.

They have picked the worst support at the worst time to lie to.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think everyone would agree with your first par. It’s just that at the moment when presented with an opportunity to front up and fix things they seem to be doubling down and lying which isn’t a good sign. People will understand if they are honest.

Even on FF where normally the club line gets swallowed hook line and sinker people are getting angry with the situation.

They have picked the worst support at the worst time to lie to.

They claimed they knew and could handle the demand, they lied.

They claimed they knew and understood the SD nightmare, they lied.

They claimed innocence over the quality control and rubbished having 2 different home replicas, they lied.

We are coming off the back of 2 nightmare retail deals which have damaged our trust with anyone coming in, the last thing you should do is lie to us.

I wonder what the ramifications are of moving to another kit manufacturer .

You'd expect us to get us to get compensation for negotiating out of the contract with Castore, but we'd then be wanting a new kit manufacturer to get on board and very quickly hit the ground running, designing, manufacturing and distributing something the fans will be proud to wear. 

I'd imagine it's not an over-night process, and if we start to go along those lines I'd imagine the new kit manufacturer will use it all to make the deal between us and them more in favour of them. 

I sent them an email last night. Surprisingly i got a response today. However, it's still bullshit sticking to this pro shirts excuse!!

Hi MorelosRangers

Thanks so much for your email.

It has been brought to our attention that a very small number of the Pro Home Shirts have been dispatched early and in error through the Rangers Online Store (these being different to the Replica Home shirts, which are made in Turkey).  

I can confirm the shirt you have received is the correct Home Replica Shirt.

The Pro Shirt is due to be released in the coming days and will be available in store and online across Home, Away and Third Kits, if you wish to purchase. This style offers a unique performance based fabric that is worn by the Players on a matchday.

It seems a very select few fans have received this product by mistake and we apologise for any confusion caused.

Of course if you are still left unhappy with your shirt and it is still unworn and in its original condition with tags, please return to the following address and we can provide a full refund.

We are unable to offer exchanges at this time instore or online due to covid-19. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. 

Rangers Store Returns,

SEKO Logistics, High Standing,

Brinklow, Milton Keynes

MK10 0DF

55 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Naw fuck that - keep the contract and have them pay us what they agreed.

What we need to do is grow a set of baws and ensure the SLA's that were signed off on are adhered to.

If Bisgrove is as clever as somecunts love to think he is, like any other company entering an agreement like this there's financial implications/costs to when areas of the contract fall short of standard.

Your hoping our board have added a get out clause. 

Just now, GWR1979 said:

Your hoping our board have added a get out clause. 

No not a get out clause, just standard SLA's that standards have to be met or we are compensated at various steps. No idea what kit supply deal SLA's could incur, though. Hopefully there's provisions there for some clusterfuck like this - you'd like to think so after the Sports Direct carry-on past 7-years or so.

It's all lies! 

Here's the interview where they say the pro kit for sale will be EXACTLY the same as the players kit... 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/castore-reveal-Rangers-pro-jersey-premium-kit-that-will-be-same-as-ibrox-heroes/ar-BB14iW3d

"So for Rangers, we'll be launching a pro jersey which will be the kit that the players themselves wear on the pitch stepping out at Ibrox on a Saturday afternoon." 

Pics below:

1. The tags on the actual pro kit from Castore Instagram when they  announced it. 

2. The tags on the "China Pro Kit" the supporters received. 

3. The Pro kit label on the bottom of the shirt from Castore Instagram... Which does not appear on the "China Pro Kit" 

4 & 5. Pics from the last 2 games clearly showing the players wearing the kit with the pro badge and Tomkat tires... Which was confirmed by SLO would only appear on the Pro kit... and wasn't on the "China pro kit" . 

EDIT: forgot to mention.... If the pro kits are from China, why are all the away and 3rd kits, even junior sizes, made in China as well? 

They need took to task on this. 

Screenshot_20200821_135506.jpg

Screenshot_20200821_140618.jpg

Screenshot_20200821_135425.jpg

Screenshot_20200821_133159.jpg

Screenshot_20200821_140416.jpg

Have to say, having preordered the home top only to now have it refunded as it was never delivered, I won’t be buying the Turkish made top.  

Not when you see the difference in quality between that and other home tops, as well as the away and 3rd tops, for what are fairly basic elements. 

On top of that, I’m not buying that the quality Chinese tops were prematurely sent Pro tops. They’re either going to see a big drop off in sales or are going to have to do an about turn and start churning out better quality tops again.