Castore Kit Thread

Clemdog

1 minute ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

Getting nightmare flashbacks of Puma and how bad that was. This whole Castore thing has been shambolic. And we are now in too deep with them to walk away. 

Not a good start.

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I've two home tops that were made in Turkey and two away tops and a 3rd kit made in China and none of them have had any issues 

Some poor bastards still not got their pre-order and you're cutting about with two of each :lol:

But yeah I'm skeptical about anyone saying it's ruined after one wash. 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Some poor bastards still not got their pre-order and you're cutting about with two of each :lol:

But yeah I'm skeptical about anyone saying it's ruined after one wash. 

Tbh one set are mine and one the are the wee guys 😂.

Dont just order loads a tops for myself 

26 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'm not defending Castore here, but see if this doesn't happen to every cunt who washes their away top, is it not more likely that this guy has washed it on a 90 degree wash and/or has an old/cheap/shit washing machine?

If you put fabric conditioner in with it or fuck it in the tumble dryer it’s known to cause issues with most football tops 

28 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'm not defending Castore here, but see if this doesn't happen to every cunt who washes their away top, is it not more likely that this guy has washed it on a 90 degree wash and/or has an old/cheap/shit washing machine?

Castore stuff does have specific instructions. Their own gear and the top.

Just now, The Hammer 11 said:

If you put fabric conditioner in with it or fuck it in the tumble dryer it’s known to cause issues with most football tops 

Of course, or wash at too high a temperature.

If it doesn't happen to everyone who has one then instead of people going mental at Castore for the quality the question needs to be how was it washed.

Same would happen to a £300 Gucci (or whatever designer brand you want to compare to) t-shirt.

3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

So all the tops that are fuked are not Castors fault,,,fans do not know how to wash the tops ,,,,,thats Castors get out clause ,,,, well done ,,,, no exchanges,, no refunds ... blame the washing machine and the fans

9 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

This one instance aside, which could have been the person not washing it along with guidelines, they’ve still been a shambles. The tarriers get Adidas and we’ve took a punt on a new company that’s churning out something that looks not much better than a fake top you get in Turkey people joke about in pre-season. Probably because the operating and production costs are low I’m guessing but it shows in quality.

3 hours ago, CR3 said:

This one instance aside, which could have been the person not washing it along with guidelines, they’ve still been a shambles. The tarriers get Adidas and we’ve took a punt on a new company that’s churning out something that looks not much better than a fake top you get in Turkey people joke about in pre-season. Probably because the operating and production costs are ridiculously low and it shows in quality.

Folk don’t seem to realise we can’t get a deal with a decent kit manufacturer because they won’t come near us 

1 hour ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Folk don’t seem to realise we can’t get a deal with a decent kit manufacturer because they won’t come near us 

well, if that is the reality that's pretty tragic but if I can ask, what would be your reasoning? We're obviously a massive club with global pull and hundreds of thousands of sales guaranteed. That mob can get the Adidas deal though? We had Nike 20 years ago (I know, a lot has changed) back when us and the bheasts could challenge in the Top 6 in England imo. But why wouldn't we be able to get a good manufacturer deal now?

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

well, if that is the reality that's pretty tragic but if I can ask, what would be your reaasoning? We're obviously a massive club with a global pull and hundreds of thousands of sales guaranteed. That mob can get the Adidas deal though? We had Nike 20 years ago (I know, a lot has changed) back when us and the bheasts could challenge in the Top 6 in England imo. But why wouldn't we be able to get a good manufacturer deal now?

Because of the shit show that’s been our commercial department , the lawsuit after lawsuit with kit manufacturers and sports direct , look at the nick of the way we’ve conducted business the past few years 😂

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

well, if that is the reality that's pretty tragic but if I can ask, what would be your reaasoning? We're obviously a massive club with a global pull and hundreds of thousands of sales guaranteed. That mob can get the Adidas deal though? We had Nike 20 years ago (I know, a lot has changed) back when us and the bheasts could challenge in the Top 6 in England imo. But why wouldn't we be able to get a good manufacturer deal now?

Probably because everything to do with our kits seems to end up in a courtroom.

Anyway, I dare say the problems with Castore have been grossly exaggerated. You tend to hear about the bad experiences more than the good. Obviously were struggling to meet demand and ended up producing versions with different materials which is a fuck up, but people were raving about the quality of the tops until they found out they had the "cheap" version

25 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Because of the shit show that’s been our commercial department , the lawsuit after lawsuit with kit manufacturers and sports direct , look at the nick of the way we’ve conducted business the past few years 😂

Fair point, letting someone like Ashley in was a horrendous decision, if it wasn't clear enough how much Newcastle hated him even at the time then I don't know what is.

4 minutes ago, Amato said:

Anyway, I dare say the problems with Castore have been grossly exaggerated. You tend to hear about the bad experiences more than the good. Obviously were struggling to meet demand and ended up producing versions with different materials which is a fuck up, but people were raving about the quality of the tops until they found out they had the "cheap" version

Mate, I guess you’re cup is always half full, the reason you’ve heard so many people complaining is the fact its an absolute shambles. 
I can’t even be bothered to share my story, the contract with this lot is a poor joke,  I hope the club pulls it prior to next season, they’re well in over their head.

11 minutes ago, sandyboyblue said:

Mate, I guess you’re cup is always half full, the reason you’ve heard so many people complaining is the fact its an absolute shambles. 
I can’t even be bothered to share my story, the contract with this lot is a poor joke,  I hope the club pulls it prior to next season, they’re well in over their head.

guessing it wasn’t great experience for you, I was about to buy and many others now with second thoughts. How did your purchase go? Just curious mate, that’s what the threads for I guess. 

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

guessing it wasn’t great experience for you, I was about to buy and many others now with second thoughts. How did your purchase go? Just curious mate, that’s what the threads for I guess. 

I bought one for my son with a name on the top (Hagi) on pre order due to being a my Gers member. It didn’t turn up as agreed on time, then when it arrived it was not only the wrong size,  but had no name on it.  It has now been returned, and I’m still waiting.  Going by the other experiences, feck knows what will turn up. 

8 minutes ago, CR3 said:

I’ve got 3 tops and well happy with the lot as are others so don’t let the bad experiences of the minority put you off.