Castore Kit Thread

Clemdog

16 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

I bought a hoodie from them for a decent whack. I wore it once for a short walk. Today i got it out the wardrobe and it's all patches on the back. It's never been washed or anything. 

I've contacted them and showed them pictures. I'm not convinced they'll be up for doing anything but surely ill be covered under some sort of guarantee?

Wash it 😂

Just now, Misteral said:

Maybe they were misinformed, maybe not.  As I said, I don't give a fuck. I did hear what they said yesterday though.  

The source of the apparent quote has publicly rejected they ever spoke to anyone from H&H or provided any figure.

Deliberately misinformed or deliberately misinforming...

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The source of the apparent quote has publicly rejected they ever spoke to anyone from H&H or provided any figure.

Deliberately misinformed or deliberately misinforming...

Maybe H&H did respond to accusations of being misinformed or making misleading statements. I don't know.  Do you?  Do you listen to everything they produce? Are you obsessed with something you don't like (as some of the dark side are) and listen in just in case you can find something to slag them off with?  It kind of looks like that. 

48 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

So did they hack into your e-mail & delete it it or something?

I'm suspecting it was unsent.  Haven't logged in for three weeks and there's no trace in my deleted folder which has everything from June. 

I've no reason to otherwise make it up.

3 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Maybe H&H did respond to accusations of being misinformed or making misleading statements. I don't know.  Do you?  Do you listen to everything they produce? Are you obsessed with something you don't like (as some of the dark side are) and listen in just in case you can find something to slag them off with?  It kind of looks like that. 

Afaik, they still stand by it.

I don't listen to anything they produce, let alone everything. Not really one for paying to listen to folk talking about fitba.

From another fan forum 

I was at the meeting tonight and I am just home. The meeting was attended by James Bisgrove, Marketing and Commercial Director, Natalie Nairn from the Marketing Team, Greg Marshall SLO and Andy Cole, Head of Partnerships from Castore.

There were 10 supporters there all with a variety of positive and negative experiences and everyone was given the opportunity for an open and frank discussion.

No one from the club briefed us beforehand on what we could and couldnt say and all questions were open on the table to anyone attending.

We went around the room giving different accounts of what has happened both in a positive and negative light, and Andy from Castore answered every question.

Andy was very open and frank about some of the mistakes they have made and did not shy away from them. The two main issues related to quality control and also the School Jumpers issue. Customer service was a key element of the discussion and they way that they handled issues found with some of the products and what they have learned from this.

One gentleman who had a faulty kit was offered to keep the faulty kit and a 25% discount of the purchase of another one from the store, and Andy proclaimed that this absolutely should not have happened. He rightly confirmed this is not the level of customer service that is expected and they have ensure that will never happen again. Any issues whether bought online or instore can be swapped for another in store immediately or arranged online or a refund offered if required.

They did acknowledge that there were quality control issues on some of the kit and they confirmed over 100,000 sales with a 3% return figure. The majority of these were actually related to sizing issues with an alternative size replacing the kit instead of an actual fault. They have seen and reviewed the faults that have been reported and have confirmed they now have in place 100% quality control checks at each of the production lines going forward.

While they predicted there would be a significant response from the supporters, they didnt estimate quite how much it would explode and they admit that they were caught out by it on occasion. They have recruited a 400% increase in customer service staff to respond to fans and as of tonight they are now responding to emails sent yesterday so have caught up on the backlog.

The School Jumpers issue is something they deeply regret and was a product they didnt oversee the manufacture of but outsourced. Once the quality issues were reported they were immediately withdrawn from sale. All unsold product has been donated to charity, everyone who bought one were fully refunded and were offered to keep it if they required. Despite the media reports and furore there were only 20 of this item actually sold and all have been refunded.

Castore are submitting design ideas to Rangers tomorrow for the 150th anniversary kits and planning to prepare for this begins now to make sure they are ready for it. There will be three kits and discussions on colours and fabrics etc are ongoing. Rangers are keen to bring something completely new to the table that we havent seen before, weighing on previous fans favourite kits from the past. Things are at an early stage but it has started already.

Castore were at advanced stages on opening Rangers stores elsewhere including a Glasgow City Centre store, and Edinburgh store, a store up north and are trying there best to find a suitable Belfast location (which they admitted is causing them a few issues due to COVID).

There will be a new line of products out in time for christmas which will be more affordable including t -shirts and rubber ducks (seemingly they have been inundated with requests), pens, and James mentioned they are in discussions with golf manufacturers and whisky brands to name but a few.

Discussions continued after Castore left the meeting and James assured us that they are holding them to task on the issues. However, the launch three kits and training line in three months in a pandemic and to have over 95% of supporters happy with their kits is encouraging. They have confirmed that this will happen again in 12 months time to ensure the same issues are not being repeated going forward and how key it is for the 150th that they get this right.

Stock levels are back up again in both the store and online and they continue to work hard to backfill these.

Edminston House plans are continuing at pace and the club are very excited about what this will bring for the match day experience including generating revenue for the club.

Brands are recognising Rangers again in high esteem and on the back of the recent number of sponsors coming in to the club there are a few more still to come and we are looking at selling out our full marketing opportunities for the club this year.

Plans to expand the stadium have been discussed and early surveys have been done about lowering the pitch, however this has brought further challenges. It's something on the table though as there is demand.

On the whole it was a positive experience. Castore didnt get away lightly with the issues seen, but also it was refreshing to see that while individual cases have caused people issues, they have faced unprecedented demand, logistics issues around COVID and this being there first experience with such a huge demand. They seemed genuinely apologetic for the issues some folks have seen but are keen for everyone to ensure they have learned from individual issues and are keen to make it right. They stressed many times that they are not trying to fleece anyone or take advantage of our loyal fan base and hope that they can iron out the initial three month issues going forward.

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Afaik, they still stand by it.

I don't listen to anything they produce, let alone everything. Not really one for paying to listen to folk talking about fitba.

Maybe you should, its all topical Rangers related stuff by good bears, i look forward to the daily update.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Theres plenty enough as it is available free without paying for a sub to listen to stuff that's widely discussed everywhere else. 

There's actually a lot of original and interesting podcasts, not just Rangers or football, and for under two quid a month it's clearly good value to the 10K or so subscribers.  One of their podders was at the meeting tonight so it should be interesting to hear what she says. 

41 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

From another fan forum 

I was at the meeting tonight and I am just home. The meeting was attended by James Bisgrove, Marketing and Commercial Director, Natalie Nairn from the Marketing Team, Greg Marshall SLO and Andy Cole, Head of Partnerships from Castore.

There were 10 supporters there all with a variety of positive and negative experiences and everyone was given the opportunity for an open and frank discussion.

No one from the club briefed us beforehand on what we could and couldnt say and all questions were open on the table to anyone attending.

We went around the room giving different accounts of what has happened both in a positive and negative light, and Andy from Castore answered every question.

Andy was very open and frank about some of the mistakes they have made and did not shy away from them. The two main issues related to quality control and also the School Jumpers issue. Customer service was a key element of the discussion and they way that they handled issues found with some of the products and what they have learned from this.

One gentleman who had a faulty kit was offered to keep the faulty kit and a 25% discount of the purchase of another one from the store, and Andy proclaimed that this absolutely should not have happened. He rightly confirmed this is not the level of customer service that is expected and they have ensure that will never happen again. Any issues whether bought online or instore can be swapped for another in store immediately or arranged online or a refund offered if required.

They did acknowledge that there were quality control issues on some of the kit and they confirmed over 100,000 sales with a 3% return figure. The majority of these were actually related to sizing issues with an alternative size replacing the kit instead of an actual fault. They have seen and reviewed the faults that have been reported and have confirmed they now have in place 100% quality control checks at each of the production lines going forward.

While they predicted there would be a significant response from the supporters, they didnt estimate quite how much it would explode and they admit that they were caught out by it on occasion. They have recruited a 400% increase in customer service staff to respond to fans and as of tonight they are now responding to emails sent yesterday so have caught up on the backlog.

The School Jumpers issue is something they deeply regret and was a product they didnt oversee the manufacture of but outsourced. Once the quality issues were reported they were immediately withdrawn from sale. All unsold product has been donated to charity, everyone who bought one were fully refunded and were offered to keep it if they required. Despite the media reports and furore there were only 20 of this item actually sold and all have been refunded.

Castore are submitting design ideas to Rangers tomorrow for the 150th anniversary kits and planning to prepare for this begins now to make sure they are ready for it. There will be three kits and discussions on colours and fabrics etc are ongoing. Rangers are keen to bring something completely new to the table that we havent seen before, weighing on previous fans favourite kits from the past. Things are at an early stage but it has started already.

Castore were at advanced stages on opening Rangers stores elsewhere including a Glasgow City Centre store, and Edinburgh store, a store up north and are trying there best to find a suitable Belfast location (which they admitted is causing them a few issues due to COVID).

There will be a new line of products out in time for christmas which will be more affordable including t -shirts and rubber ducks (seemingly they have been inundated with requests), pens, and James mentioned they are in discussions with golf manufacturers and whisky brands to name but a few.

Discussions continued after Castore left the meeting and James assured us that they are holding them to task on the issues. However, the launch three kits and training line in three months in a pandemic and to have over 95% of supporters happy with their kits is encouraging. They have confirmed that this will happen again in 12 months time to ensure the same issues are not being repeated going forward and how key it is for the 150th that they get this right.

Stock levels are back up again in both the store and online and they continue to work hard to backfill these.

Edminston House plans are continuing at pace and the club are very excited about what this will bring for the match day experience including generating revenue for the club.

Brands are recognising Rangers again in high esteem and on the back of the recent number of sponsors coming in to the club there are a few more still to come and we are looking at selling out our full marketing opportunities for the club this year.

Plans to expand the stadium have been discussed and early surveys have been done about lowering the pitch, however this has brought further challenges. It's something on the table though as there is demand.

On the whole it was a positive experience. Castore didnt get away lightly with the issues seen, but also it was refreshing to see that while individual cases have caused people issues, they have faced unprecedented demand, logistics issues around COVID and this being there first experience with such a huge demand. They seemed genuinely apologetic for the issues some folks have seen but are keen for everyone to ensure they have learned from individual issues and are keen to make it right. They stressed many times that they are not trying to fleece anyone or take advantage of our loyal fan base and hope that they can iron out the initial three month issues going forward.

Surely to god someone took them to task for the whole pro/replica kit debacle around the home top?!  

The fans have been lied to on that one and along with their horrific customer service, it’s one of the issues which has most pissed me off.

Please tell me out of the 10 people present, someone asked serious questions of that.