Morelos has to stay

Bad Robot

Rather than try to get him out the door I think it’s up to the management to get his head right and get him doing what he does best and that’s him putting the ball between the sticks.

The management also need to ensure that all the good he does isn’t for nothing and endures it doesn’t equals out with all the bad.

We need our top players at the club never mind our own trying to get them out the door if we have any chance of getting 55 this  season.

At least a double for AM today albeit i’ll take 1 goal from anyone in our team just as long as we don’t concede.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Gerrard would be coming out in the press and saying his heads been turned if they thought they'd be able to keep it in-house and rectify the issue.

Sorry mate, have to disagree on this one.

In an ideal world if we could afford to keep Morelos and he wasn't so affected by such rumours it would be great to keep him, sadly this doesn't look to be the case.

Would be fantastic if he could sort his head out and get back to last season pre christmas form. In reality in all my years watching football i dont think ive ever seen a player whose mind was set on leaving change his mind.  The only exceptions were Gerrard not leaving liverpool and mcstay with celtic.I think its better we just accept it and move on. 

No one player is bigger than the club.

I love Alfie but if he’s set on leaving and can’t produce the goods until the move he needs to go. Just have to get the best deal for all involved and get it ten and Rolfe into the team and we can then strengthen midfield and right wing and move on.

No player is bigger than a club? 

I can't see why anyone even remotely thinks that about any player...he's just recognised as a good player when his head is in the game. He was and still could be a top goal scorer for Rangers and Scottish football should he stay...whether his head has been turned or not. 

In an ideal world I want Morelos to stay, knuckle down and be the player we know he can be.

Problem is (and it doesn't matter what player or what team it is - anywhere in the world) that if he wants away we need to facilitate it.

Even if he wants to stay, is there any guarantee we'll get the Morelos of first half of last season back? 

Who's to say (like Ryan Jack last season August to December) that that wasn't the best form of his career and he'd peaked? next season we could be lucky to get 3 or 4 million for him on current form in all honesty and I say that with respect because he's still a good player, linking up etc even when not scoring.

If we are getting close to 20-million for him, then sadly it's a no brainer and I don't say that lightly in what is our biggest season ever (maybe second biggest season after our own 9 In A Row)

Reluctantly, if we can take that 20-million and buy the 2 good, strong, ball playing, creative, assisting/goalscoring central midfielders that we need then the team has improved overall and we need to look at it. I'm hoping Gerrard also see's it that way, but I doubt it.

His head is turned, the manager has admitted it (and you can see it) even though I still maintain he was one of our better players in last weeks Livingston debacle.

The only thing that's really annoying me, more than the fact he's wanting away is that players like him, they're happy to sign 3-contract extensions in the couple of years he's been here boosting his money every time, giving him security, tying up our limited resources and still wants away first half-chance they get. He's happy to take the thousands per week extra, but not give us the commitment in return. Modern football eh.

Archived