Morelos has to stay

Bad Robot

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Rather than try to get him out the door I think it’s up to the management to get his head right and get him doing what he does best and that’s him putting the ball between the sticks.

The management also need to ensure that all the good he does isn’t for nothing and endures it doesn’t equals out with all the bad.

We need our top players at the club never mind our own trying to get them out the door if we have any chance of getting 55 this  season.

At least a double for AM today albeit i’ll take 1 goal from anyone in our team just as long as we don’t concede.

I get where you are coming from mate and in an ideal world would be the ideal solution.

However he has never made any secret of wanting away and it was always a matter of when and not if.

He's endured tough times both on and off the park in this midden and it is clearly affecting him. 

The love affair is over I'm afraid and besides, the club also need the money.

We have done well by him financially, albeit manager and board not to well in protecting him from the shite he's had to endure.

I do hope the club haven't fucked up in holding out for too much, or matters could deteriorate very rapidly and we are left with a disgruntled player sitting in the stands who's value plummets.

So it's now down to Gerrard to man manage him to get the best out of him before he goes and keep positivity around the team.

Just now, Pure_Quality said:

He doesn't need to stay but on the other threads you've got people saying Roofe and Itten can bring us the goals we need. Neither have been tested in the league never mind scored, so without him where are we?

That’s just a risk we are going to have to take. We’ve signed both players for decent money to score us goals and Morelos hasn’t kicked his own arse for eight months now.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

That’s just a risk we are going to have to take. We’ve signed both players for decent money to score us goals and Morelos hasn’t kicked his own arse for eight months now.

Agreed, it's a risk. Can we take a risk this season, given the importance?

4 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

He doesn't need to stay but on the other threads you've got people saying Roofe and Itten can bring us the goals we need. Neither have been tested in the league never mind scored, so without him where are we?

Even if they aren't as clinical, I'd at least hope its a catalyst to try and change our play so we aren't as reliant on the one man up top.

20 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I get where you are coming from mate and in an ideal world would be the ideal solution.

However he has never made any secret of wanting away and it was always a matter of when and not if.

He's endured tough times both on and off the park in this midden and it is clearly affecting him. 

The love affair is over I'm afraid and besides, the club also need the money.

We have done well by him financially, albeit manager and board not to well in protecting him from the shite he's had to endure.

I do hope the club haven't fucked up in holding out for too much, or matters could deteriorate very rapidly and we are left with a disgruntled player sitting in the stands who's value plummets.

So it's now down to Gerrard to man manage him to get the best out of him before he goes and keep positivity around the team.

I’ve just not been convinced so far with Roofe and Itten as they both look far off the pace but hopefully both hit their form today and we’re not sitting on 80 mins bringing on GS to try save the day.

I think not even being on the bench is a message to us all albeit I can’t understand SG’s starting 11 as it’s like before when he likes to roll the dice and takes chances on our team where sometimes it works and other times it doesn’t.

I think I’ve just gave AM the kiss of death with my OP 😂

9 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Look at our midfield today. If getting decent money for Morelos means getting some actual quality in there then we need him gone ASAP. 

Be more productive to sell Kent and keep Morelos.  Use the Kent money to  buy new midfielders.  Morelos scores and assists far more than Kent.

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Be more productive to sell Kent and keep Morelos.  Use the Kent money to  buy new midfielders.  Morelos scores and assists far more than Kent.

I don’t think it would be. Kent still plays like a player who still cares about playing for the club. Morelos hasn’t been interested for months now and at this point I don’t think anything is going to change that because he doesn’t want to play for us anymore.

Archived