Itten

KeyserSoze

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Look. 
all I’m saying is for a guy that’s came off the back of a season straight to us should impress a bit more 

I hope he’s the messiah though cos we’re going to need one 

You’ve not said anything wrong we’ve judged Balogun good early , ittens and roofes done nothing so far 

When we signed Itten people were over the moon. (based on nothing)

I, like most others had never seen him play and suggested that his YouTube highlight real was mediocre.

The people who laughed at that comment are now questioning his talent.

I'm still sitting on the fence because I haven't seen enough but early going suggests he won't be a replacement for Morelos should he leave.

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's jumping the gun judging the guy now.

Certainly would have preferred seeing him and Morelos up front for a bit. Could have sacrificed a holding midfielder to make it happen. 

Sad to say but the tarriers would have done that and got the goal, 92nd or what ever, right now gerrad or beale are not showing that one bit, couple these results will drive extreme pressure on gerrard early on.....

1 minute ago, falkirkNS said:

Sad to say but the tarriers would have done that and got the goal, 92nd or what ever, right now gerrad or beale are not showing that one bit, couple these results will drive extreme pressure on gerrard early on.....

Unfortunately mate very true with the taigs. 

This stubborn refusal to switch approach is going to cost us. 

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Early days I know but I’ve a gut feeling he’s not good enough. Has usually played in a 4-4-2 and since that’s not our game he’s going to struggle. 

willing to give it time of course, but he’s not filling me with hope. 

Fuxxake man, he’s played twice for 20 mins 

24 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I, like most others had never seen him play and suggested that his YouTube highlight real was mediocre.

I'm still sitting on the fence because I haven't seen enough but early going suggests he won't be a replacement for Morelos should he leave.

Agree with this. Doesn’t look like a natural finisher, based on that vid. Let’s give him a few starts before we bury him though.

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

One of Morelos first appearances was against Progres where he was useless. 

If we judged him as quickly as you’ve judged Itten, we’d never have had his European contributions. 

The lads played about 40 minutes of football FFS. 

12 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Look. 
all I’m saying is for a guy that’s came off the back of a season straight to us should impress a bit more 

I hope he’s the messiah though cos we’re going to need one 

You bang on every week how great Morelos is when he's played shit and looked disinterested, Yet this player who has just joined the team and getting to know his teammates is written off already, madness. 

I think he will come good, he needs started as giving him 20 minutes here and there isn't going to get him settled, Stevie G could have changed it took Jack off and played Itten through the centre. 

Instead we played them same way which you could see Livingston coped with easily. 

Itten and Roofe both look like players who need to both get match fitness up and get used to playing against teams like Livingston who park ten men behind the ball and don't give forward players any space or time on the ball.

The pace of the game is something they need to get used to as well as you could see that they were a second or two behind play. 

I think they will both be decent players for us, but you can't judge either on a few 20 minute cameos. 

The elephant in the room is our midfield. Aribo missed a game and all creativity is gone. That, the lack of any urgency from the start of the game and the refusal to change tactics is where our downfall lies atm.  

You know who is even worse, that guy we've no even signed yet.

Christ, a young guy moves country, has came on to a game already finished and a game where the midfield did absolutely nothing. I think a big problem with our fanbase is some people are negative all the time and seem to want to be proven right.

There are players to have a go at about yesterday, he isn't one of them.

The guy could be good but let’s face it with next to no creativity then Lewandowski would struggle for us at times,  I don’t want to berate the manager but maybe after we realised Livingston wanted to do nothing but defend we should’ve swapped jack or kamara  for Itten or Roofe and went with 2 attackers through the middle.   A point is better than none but the players let themselves down with the over playing.

2 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

The guy could be good but let’s face it with next to no creativity then Lewandowski would struggle for us at times,  I don’t want to berate the manager but maybe after we realised Livingston wanted to do nothing but defend we should’ve swapped jack or kamara  for Itten or Roofe and went with 2 attackers through the middle.   A point is better than none but the players let themselves down with the over playing.

It was obvious after 15/20 minutes that they were playing for a point. They were posing no threat at all and we should have changed shape and absolutely gone with extra numbers up top. 

The over playing is annoying.

2 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

One of Morelos first appearances was against Progres where he was useless. 

If we judged him as quickly as you’ve judged Itten, we’d never have had his European contributions. 

The lads played about 40 minutes of football FFS. 

I haven't judged him yet. I said I'm still sitting on the fence which means I'm unsure.

Its early days and sure he has failed to impress but one thing football shows you is things can change.

Look at Borna, he was that poor qt the start I wanted Halliday in left back....now Borna is undoubtedly among our best and most important players.

Once the lad starts a few games, along with Roofe I think we will all  be in a better position to judge him a little better.....cant be a Swiss international and be shite, thry usually make the major tournaments so have a better pedigree of player than we have in Scotland.

Archived