Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything he did on the ball today was excellent. Every time he got it he was linking up well with the other players, well timed passes, nice flicks and rolls, a good cut back Kent should have done b

His pressing from the front and ability to hold the ball up was fantastic when he came on yesterday.  That's the second time he's done that. I like him, looks to be a shrewd signing. 

Was one of our best players 

Posted Images

I only saw the 2nd half and thought he was terrible!

When i clicked on the thread i was expecting him to get panned, can't honestly believe he is being compared to Cousin!

Imo he was that poor i wanted Barker on for him.

Hopefully he proves me wrong. That said very happy to get out of that shithole with the 3 points.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

I only saw the 2nd half and thought he was terrible!

When i clicked on the thread i was expecting him to get panned, can't honestly believe he is being compared to Cousin!

Imo he was that poor i wanted Barker on for him.

Hopefully he proves me wrong. That said very happy to get out of that shithole with the 3 points.

 

 

Yer spot on mate he was shite as was the buff and Kent , Kent still put in a power of work though 

Bearsden bear and Bad Robot like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

The big lad wasn't  great on the rhs but neither was he last time he was played there against St Johnstone  I think it was .

Swapped Roofe and Itten round second half of the st johnstone  game and Itten was far better second half of that game in the middle.

Can only assume  gaffer was worried about a Roofe injury coz imo Kent desperately needs a rest.

As I said before the game I would have liked to have  seen a Morelos, Itten, Roofe front three even if just for last half hour when Kent was clearly done about the hour mark.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Itten was stuck out wide next to a short LB.  Our tactics were obviously to hit long balls at Itten or hope he’d use his strength against that defender.  Is it the best use of the player? I doubt it but it worked today.  I don’t think we can judge Itten until he has a run of games up front in his favoured role.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TMB said:

Itten was stuck out wide next to a short LB.  Our tactics were obviously to hit long balls at Itten or hope he’d use his strength against that defender.  Is it the best use of the player? I doubt it but it worked today.  I don’t think we can judge Itten until he has a run of games up front in his favoured role.

Second time in a row it ain't worked for SG playing him out wide from the start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Yer spot on mate he was shite as was the buff and Kent , Kent still put in a power of work though 

I thought he did quite well considering he’s not had a lot of minutes on the pitch, was playing on plastic pitch, conditions were pretty poor and played out of position. Contrast him receiving and making use of the ball in tight spots with, say, Morelos, or even Kent today.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Second time in a row it ain't worked for SG playing him out wide from the start.

When we first brought back Lafferty we used him in a similar way.  I remember he was out wide against Celtic and we were punting long balls at him all day.  Basically the same thing today with Itten.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TMB said:

When we first brought back Lafferty we used him in a similar way.  I remember he was out wide against celtic and we were punting long balls at him all day.  Basically the same thing today with Itten.  

 

9 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Being played out of position shocker.

Both talking utter shite here tbh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Second time in a row it ain't worked for SG playing him out wide from the start.

Our crossing the ball over to him was generally poor and didn't let him use the height advantage which was meant to be the benefit of the tactic.

chris182 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 of them were shite today. Kent and Morelos should have no excuses. Itten can be forgiven slightly but I don't think he is ever going to be a right winger for us.

Time to drop Morelos and see what this lad can do up top for a run of games. Can't be any worse than the turd performances Morelos has turned out lately.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The big man did fine today, looks strong on the ball and played in others when he had to, unlucky with the chance but credit to the keeper who closed the chance down immediately 

I would like to see him and Roofe get a start together.....Roofe looks a busy enough player to be able to feed off Itten 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was what, his second or third start? Other than that he's had a few fleeting appearances off the bench as well as a period out injured. Still adapting to a new team, new setup and new league.

In that time he's shown he's got decent feet, scored a cracking goal and another good goal in the sense of positioning and reacting to the situation.

He's not tearing it up but he's been decent and by fuck, folk could do with giving him some time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found

×
×
  • Create New...