Itten

KeyserSoze

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Minute I seen the team line up I though their left back must be small 

We don't play with out and out wingers anymore.....we play with an attacking 3.....Ittens first involvement today was to win a header in the middle of the park that went to Tav who was running up the right....all I ever read in here is we need a right winger....Gerrard plays a different system to out and out wingers....it amazes me that people who claim to watch the game can't pick up on this 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

You don’t think Itten was played out wide because the Kilmarnock LB was so small?  It was pretty obvious TBH.

He was put on the left back aye, but he wasn’t  being used the same way Walter used Lafferty at all. When he played out left it was on the left of a midfield 4. 

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Do you honestly believe Itten was deployed as a right winger today?

I believe he was played on the right of the front 3 yes, which is equally as poor as him being deployed as a right winger

We don't even play with wingers we play with wing backs 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

I believe he was played on the right of the front 3 yes, which is equally as poor as him being deployed as a right winger

He’s earned his move based on him playing in a 4-4-2 and scoring regularly

We don’t play a 4-4-2 therefore he’s struggling  

Plain as day. 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

What have you seen that forms this opinion?

Not trying to be funny btw. 

I think he'll come good for us, maybe into next season or so, I've seen worse Rangers strikers in my time, the buff is the main man right now but things change and I've high hope's for him, just some of his touches and link play make me think he'll be decent.

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He’s earned his move based on him playing in a 4-4-2 and scoring regularly

We don’t play a 4-4-2 therefore he’s struggling  

Plain as day. 

He needs to be central in the front 3 for us and it seems like Morelos and him aren't going to be able to play together, so it's one or the other and play Roofe or Hagi

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

He was put on the left back aye, but he wasn’t  being used the same way Walter used Lafferty at all. When he played out left it was on the left of a midfield 4. 

I never said Itten was being used the same way Walter used Lafferty.  I said Gerrard used Lafferty in a particular way when he first came back to Rangers.  It might've been Gerrard's first Old Firm game where Lafferty was stuck wide left on the Celtic RB and we were using him as an out ball for 90mins which was largely ineffective.  Itten was being used in that same way today.

FWIW.. I thought big Itten was good today, if we are going to use more high balls on a pitch like that Itten was good on the front line. He won plenty of high balls in the first half, way more than Alfie or Kent just because of his height. A good move by the gaffer to start him.

Off to Lisbon now and oddly Benfica do not play until Monday night, gives them one day less rest than us. Every little bit helps I suppose.

17 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He needs to be central in the front 3 for us and it seems like Morelos and him aren't going to be able to play together, so it's one or the other and play Roofe or Hagi

Exactly, which is why he needs to start showing why he’s the better option 

I really hope he kicks on I really do. 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Exactly, which is why he needs to start showing why he’s the better option 

I really hope he kicks on I really do. 

I think he will turn out to be quite a good player for us if he is played in the centre of the 3

Said it in another thread during the week, I would play him in european games and keep Morelos for the league mostly 

41 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

To be fair he was played in a wide right position, yes. 

But you could see by the number of crosses from open play we wanted him to tuck in, especially when Barisic had the ball. I also think he was utilised so he could win the balls in the air and nod onto Morelos, as opposed to Morelos jumping for a ball with nobody in behind (as we naturally play with narrow inside forwards).

At times he picked the ball up in what he'd think is an unnatural position, but I still think he coped well with it. 

30 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

To be fair he was played in a wide right position, yes. 

But you could see by the number of crosses from open play we wanted him to tuck in, especially when Barisic had the ball. I also think he was utilised so he could win the balls in the air and nod onto Morelos, as opposed to Morelos jumping for a ball with nobody in behind (as we naturally play with narrow inside forwards).

At times he picked the ball up in what he'd think is an unnatural position, but I still think he coped well with it. 

I didn't like it

Thought he had a good game today, good hold up play and created a few chances for us and would have scored but for a great stop from their keeper. Think that is his third start and he's scored twice, one was even good enough for goal of the month. He's also been singled out by the gaffer for his performance today, was his motm. Yet according to some on here he's shite and just not looked good enough!? :confused:

Play him through the middle or not at all. Shoehorning him to the right side of a front three is not the answer.

Hagi or Roofe can adapt better on the right even if it is not their natural position either.

Itten will do a job for us on occasions but I don't think he is a great player. Roofe has more natural skill and it is time he got a run of games.

Archived