Itten

KeyserSoze

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its hard to deserve more when you get 6 or 7 minutes in league games, when they are all but done, in an unnatural position, or in hagis case dont even get they minutes, then flung into a disjointed team and on a shitty pitch 

Yeah defoe delivers, but he wont be in 2 years most likely

Defoe could easily retire next summer, morelos will likely be sold, leaves us itten and roofexand even if we buy another strikers, thats still only roofe who'll be fully settled in our system in his position

Itten may be the future, but he's rightly behind Defoe now. As the season progresses I hope he gets and takes more opportunities.

But its pretty absurd to leave out a goal scorer who is now a key man in domestic games, to bring on a guy who has shown glimpses but can't be relied on nearly as much. 

I'm happy to worry later about only having Roofe and Itten plus the millions Morelos brings. For now its all about achieving silverware and Defoe gives us a more realistic chance as our key domestic striker and 3rd choice striker generally speaking.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Itten may be the future, but he's rightly behind Defoe now. As the season progresses I hope he gets and takes more opportunities.

But its pretty absurd to leave out a goal scorer who is now a key man in domestic games, to bring on a guy who has shown glimpses but can't be relied on nearly as much. 

I'm happy to worry later about only having Roofe and Itten plus the millions Morelos brings. For now its all about achieving silverware and Defoe gives us a more realistic chance as our key domestic striker and 3rd choice striker generally speaking.

Defoe has shown time and again he can be relied on to produce the goods at a moments notice, his experience and time at the club has shown that, but the problem of injuries, suspensions and covid could easily mean itten may well be required for europe or domestic games if Defoe and others are out

I agree that defoe deserves game time as well, but they could easily have had a half each on sunday through the middle, the game was done by half time, giving itten the second half at centre forward wasnt going to cost us anything 

Maybe it’s time to get steamed into him ,Label him a waste of money ,get rid etc etc 

Hopefully get the same eggs on our faces the way ,Tav ,Goldson ,Arfield and Kamara have done so far this season when they were slated during the spring and early summer .😜

On 01/12/2020 at 07:16, adam2102 said:

Itten clearly has technical ability and the physical attributes to be a success in Scotland. Anybody who says he is shite clearly doesn’t understand football. Yes he is underperforming (unfamiliar system, unnatural position etc.) but people saying he’s shite? Christ. 

Eduardo Herrera was the same

For a big fella, he can play anywhere across a front 3. That’s really handy for us. 

He’s clearly the long term replacement for Morelos, probably would’ve played most games had Morelos gone. If anything, this 6 months is good for him to get used to our play and the league. No doubts once he’s given a run of games, his quality will shine through 

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Just a lack of self belief just now ,Maybe putting a bit of pressure on himself just now given the limited opportunities he’s getting at the moment.

Or perhaps he’s training everyday in front of SG and can’t do enough to get a start.  He’s probably just going to be a squad player. IMO 

but I really really hope I’m wrong  

His work for the 4th was good today  

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Or perhaps he’s training everyday in front of SG and can’t do enough to get a start.  He’s probably just going to be a squad player. IMO 

but I really really hope I’m wrong  

His work for the 4th was good today  

Oh glad to see you tonight mate ,been whistling “I predict a riot “ for the last half hour 😂

As for Itten he hasn’t really got things joined up yet .When he was straight through today that screamed of a lack of confidence.He had too much time ,had to think and hesitated .

13 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Time to play Itten ahead of Morelos. He deserves a chance, and it might make Morelos pull his finger out.. 

Pull his finger out? Morelos has sacrificed his goals and selfishness this year to be a massive part of the team, he's clearly been asked to drop deep drag defenders out of position etc, has he been as clinical as last year no but only because he's not in the box that much, if Morris didn't score that OG then Alfie taps that in, he's been unlucky recently but a massive team player

6 minutes ago, Fatman10 said:

Pull his finger out? Morelos has sacrificed his goals and selfishness this year to be a massive part of the team, he's clearly been asked to drop deep drag defenders out of position etc, has he been as clinical as last year no but only because he's not in the box that much, if Morris didn't score that OG then Alfie taps that in, he's been unlucky recently but a massive team player

Buffalo shagged his Mrs mate, wasting yer time responding. 

2 minutes ago, Fatman10 said:

Utter rot. His touch, passing and shooting is awful. That's not a tactical choice. 

Archived