Itten

KeyserSoze

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just reading Gerrard's post-match comments there and he's hinting that Itten will be playing more. 

Really delighted for him on last night's performance and obviously his goal.

I'm unsure if I made the point in this thread or the match thread last night already, but there's an angle on the TV replay of his goal that makes it look absolutely spectacular (it's more a sort of ground level camera shot) and if you look at the technique of his ankle/boot as he pings it - really difficult technique to hit it like that, with that power, into the top near corner. 

I hope if he plays on Sunday at Tannadice he really takes the chance and pushes on because he can be a big player for us as he's got a physical presence and can link-up and run the channels well too.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Blew his big chance tonight, not writing him off but needs to do better.

He's capable of good things, like the goal against Lech showed, but I said in the match thread that to me he also has every frustrating trait that Lafferty had - can't jump an inch off the ground, gives away far more fouls than he wins, zero pace in behind, inconsistent with holding the ball up etc...

I thought he looked decent first half, other than his go from distance and a decent hold up for Kent when he got booked for diving didn’t do much second half 

Did think taking him off was the wrong change though, would’ve been more beneficial than Defoe against a packed defence. Would’ve brought Defoe on for someone else 

Archived