Teams Sitting in Against Us!

mclovin9091

Don;'t normally watch any of thier games but i'm bored and half cut, yet still can't understand.

Why does pretty much every team we play in Scotalnd sit in with 10 behind the ball for most of the match yet playing against the scum they play a normal game?

Surely to fuck the "champions" would pose more threat that a team that hasn't won/been handed the league???

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Don;'t normally watch any of thier games but i'm bored and half cut, yet still can't understand.

Why does pretty much every team we play in Scotalnd sit in with 10 behind the ball for most of the match yet playing against the scum they play a normal game?

Surely to fuck the "champions" would pose more threat that a team that hasn't won/been handed the league???

Because their defence cost a fortune but is still dodgy. 

Surely to fuck though. They must expect to get beat everytime they play us and the scum, yes getting the od point here and there is a possibility but look at hamilton, they came out and played and got hammered, whcih they would do against us if they were to do the same.

Do they really think they are more likely to take 3 points from the scum than against us? Clearly a compliment i suppose but realistically last season we struggled against the sheep and kilmarnock.

It’s just  a style of play teams know if they sit  in they can hurt us on counters or set pieces. I think the same can be said when playing against them but teams are more likely to get a result getting in their faces and unsettling them.

If teams want to park the bus against us that’s their prerogative  to do so. What really fucks me off is if we score they still refuse to come out of that shape. Could be 89th minute and they still live in hope that a set piece etc might steal them a point.

3 minutes ago, TBagalag said:

If teams want to park the bus against us that’s their prerogative  to do so. What really fucks me off is if we score they still refuse to come out of that shape. Could be 89th minute and they still live in hope that a set piece etc might steal them a point.

It will always be the game plan they are playing for a point. If we want a good goal difference then we need to go 2-0 up before these teams come out and try to get something against us.

Because they watch our games and know we struggle to deal with it, and it’s their best chance of getting a point in a game they would otherwise expect to lose. If they sat back like that and invited pressure against the scum they would get torn apart. Thought today was much better with our directness and movement, if we keep doing that and get a bit more clinical in front of goal well soon see teams changing their style against us.

6 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Because they watch our games and know we struggle to deal with it, and it’s their best chance of getting a point in a game they would otherwise expect to lose. If they sat back like that and invited pressure against the scum they would get torn apart. Thought today was much better with our directness and movement, if we keep doing that and get a bit more clinical in front of goal well soon see teams changing their style against us.

That's the thing, once we start breaking teams down and this 10 men behind the ball stops working, they'll need to change tactics and we'll really start to batter teams. 

It's brutal to watch. I guess it isn't as bad as watching some of Walters games. 

1 minute ago, maverick1200 said:

It's brutal to watch. I guess it isn't as bad as watching some of Walters games. 

In regards to european games i take it? The difference though, was that more often than not we got a result, we weren't trying to get beat 1-0.

1 minute ago, mclovin9091 said:

In regards to european games i take it? The difference though, was that more often than not we got a result, we weren't trying to get beat 1-0.

What gets me is that teams don't even try to attack when they are 1, 2 or 3 goals down. It's just the same until the full time whistle goes. 

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

In fact did we not play 5-4-1 against Valencia at home? I seem to remember Papac playing as a left centre back in one of those games.

In 07/08 it was 451, then in 08/09 it was 541 against everyone but Bursaspor iirc. 

Archived