Teams Sitting in Against Us!

mclovin9091

12 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

In fact did we not play 5-4-1 against Valencia at home? I seem to remember Papac playing as a left centre back in one of those games.

I remember Davis playing right back in a 5 as well. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

1. Why are you watching their game?

2. We ran to a European cup final doing it.

1. Coverd in the OP.

2. We at least played counter attacking football. Also my point is not that im against it at times, but rather why do they do it against us and not the scum.

Pub league , to be fair I’m not aware of how many players these teams have lost and what kind of quality can they bring in during a pandemic , SPL already looks even worse than it was last year 

We haven’t given teams a reason to not sit in

If they sit in they get joy that’s a proven fact, it’s up to us to start destroying teams so they have to find a different way to play against us. We don’t achieve that by taking our foot off the gas as soon as we take the lead 

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

We haven’t given teams a reason to not sit in

If they sit in they get joy that’s a proven fact, it’s up to us to start destroying teams so they have to find a different way to play against us. We don’t achieve that by taking our foot off the gas as soon as we take the lead 

If teams look for facts they'll see only 1/5 teams have taken points from us. Id say all 5 were defensively, sit in minded.

There's probably more chance of hurting us if they go at us. As long as their defence is a well drilled unit.

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There's probably more chance of hurting us if they go at us. As long as their defence is a well drilled unit.

It’s true they’d hurt us more but they’d be risking a complete hiding 

Truth is the standard is like this because the league is on a constant decline and the standard of young Scottish players coming through at other clubs is dreadful. I made the point in the match thread that teams just don’t have the quality to take us and the scum head on when relics like Broadfoot and Burke are still starting for top 6 sides 

2 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

Surely to fuck though. They must expect to get beat everytime they play us and the scum, yes getting the od point here and there is a possibility but look at hamilton, they came out and played and got hammered, whcih they would do against us if they were to do the same.

Do they really think they are more likely to take 3 points from the scum than against us? Clearly a compliment i suppose but realistically last season we struggled against the sheep and kilmarnock.

Sheep and Killie.  6 points.  Not pretty but that is progress.   

Teams will sit in and hope to minimise damage to their goal difference.   A defeat by a single goal is better for them than a 6-2 pummeling if they came out and played. 

2 hours ago, Born Sinner said:

It’s shocking every single one of them look like the exact same team.  Can’t tell any of them apart.

They don’t even have a danger man anymore like they at least used to.

This is exactly what i have noticed. Every opposition team looks exactly the same. Set up the same way and none of them have stand out individuals. They are all clones of each other who know how to make life hard for us. And despite todays win, we really struggle against it. 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

In fact did we not play 5-4-1 against Valencia at home? I seem to remember Papac playing as a left centre back in one of those games.

Broadfoot was our best player in that system.

Archived