Teams Sitting in Against Us!

mclovin9091

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s up to them to play that way. We’ve done it in Europe and plenty of times under Walter against the tarriers.

Football is about getting results at the end of the day.

Nothing worse than Newcastle and West Ham fans who bang on about entertaining football and would rather lose 4-3 playing a ‘brand’ rather than actually achieving anything.

Give me 36 1-0 wins any day with a league title rather than entertaining football. To do both would be excellent but it’s about results and ultimately you can’t blame teams coming to Ibrox not wanting to play expansive football.

2 minutes ago, chris182 said:

😄

What's happening in that clip? Seen it about a hundred times! Is he pissed off? Celebrating?

😂 Dono mate watch it every night on challenge 11pm till 12 to see the episode this happens , nae joy yet 👎🏻😂

1 minute ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Two guys who live in high rise flats in Birmingham win a speed boat to share :lol:

😂👍🏻, the starts class to mate when he talks to aw the contestants , 95% got a want aboot them 😂

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

In fact did we not play 5-4-1 against Valencia at home? I seem to remember Papac playing as a left centre back in one of those games.

Was Ricky Foster not left back in this game and miss a sitter? I could be thinking of another European game tho

One of the main reasons is celtic are much more dangerous than us outside of the box. They actually have midfielders willing to shoot from 20-25 yards whereas our midfielders would rather shirk responsibility and pass sideways or back.  I think too many of them have been watching Davis. 

If we began shooting further out it forces players out of their rigid positions to close us down quicker which makes space. Instead we play a slow patient game trying to get the ball to the wings and swing things into the box (even though we dont have any real threat in the air). 

I would say we probably do spend the most time in oppositions packed box which is probably why we get a fair amount of penalties over a season. 

It's hard to blame teams for doing it, they are entitled to setup however they like, but I find it odd when they get praised by the media for it. It's spoiling tactics after all which kills entertainment value, and it's not really 'well organised' either. It's much easier to organise a team to keep a solid shape when they are packed deep in their own half. 

Archived