Teams Sitting in Against Us!

mclovin9091

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Honestly makes our league unwatchable to the neutrals. Horrible stuff, on plastic pitches. And they wonder why our TV deal is pish. 

There is no way on earth  any neutral could watch it, its a slog watching it when you actually support one of teams playing. And then you get the managers of the teams who do it accusing people of talking the game down in scotland. You can bet the same cunts wouldnt part with their own cash to watch that total pish. Its supposed to be entertainment for fucks sake.

Better make sure I've got me tin hat handy after this one.

People better get used to seeing the parked bus  for  the forseeable future because unless we can do something  to raise the standard of the other teams in the league things are never going to change.

Unless we can get rid of the current incumbents at hampdump and their necrotising,  fetid influence on Scottish football  things are unlikely to change, sadly I can only see the game sinking further into the mire they have created as it is likely to be a long protracted  battle to get them out the door.

7 minutes ago, holdnudgehold said:

Again though parked bus is totally understandable for these teams 0-0 even 1 -0 down, hoping maybe to have a go last 10 for a draw. But when it's 2-0 and still parked bus? Is that it?

Aberdeen were 3 nil down at ibrox last season and still carried on with the same tactics. Thats probably the 5th biggest team in the country doing it.

On 22/08/2020 at 18:14, mclovin9091 said:

Don;'t normally watch any of thier games but i'm bored and half cut, yet still can't understand.

Why does pretty much every team we play in Scotalnd sit in with 10 behind the ball for most of the match yet playing against the scum they play a normal game?

Surely to fuck the "champions" would pose more threat that a team that hasn't won/been handed the league???

Just my observation but refs tend to slow the flow of the game down when Rangers are playing by blowing the whistle at every occasion the opponent calls a foul., This stops Rangers momentum of keeping the game fast and wide as the opponents park the bus.  It happening once is nothing, it happening twice is a coincidence but to keep happening frequently suggests It's the refs are allowing themselves to be fooled by the shouts of faux fouls or the ref is cheating to aid the opponents achieve points or goal difference. I can't remember the last time a Scottish team played a normal game of football against Rangers.

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Just my observation but refs tend to slow the flow of the game down when Rangers are playing by blowing the whistle at every occasion the opponent calls a foul., This stops Rangers momentum of keeping the game fast and wide as the opponents park the bus.  It happening once is nothing, it happening twice is a coincidence but to keep happening frequently suggests It's the refs are allowing themselves to be fooled by the shouts of faux fouls or the ref is cheating to aid the opponents achieve points or goal difference. I can't remember the last time a Scottish team played a normal game of football against Rangers.

Do you just start typing and see where it goes? :lol:

Tarriers pump teams that just sit back with 10 men behind the ball and struggle when teams get in their face. 

We struggle with teams that sit back with 10 men and pump teams that push up high.

Pretty simple.

Until we start pumping teams that sit back then it will always happen.

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Tarriers pump teams that just sit back with 10 men behind the ball and struggle when teams get in their face. 

We struggle with teams that sit back with 10 men and pump teams that push up high.

Pretty simple.

Until we start pumping teams that sit back then it will always happen.

They’ve not done much pumping so far this season, apart from that European game and Accies at home. 

Formation is part of it but not all, i've said before that we probably don't need two sitting midfielders against some of our opposition but they do allow Tav and Barisic to push up massively, so against some sides we'd be better as 4-1-3-2. Yet again our two goals the other day came from Barisic and Tav assists, they are massively important to how we play which is under appreciated by some. 

Our main problem against teams that sit in is that our midfielders move the ball for too slowly, and frequently side to side which gives opponents time to organise. People love stats but 70% possession is pointless if it is side to side across the midfield. Morelos attitude has been a massive part of the problem since December as a lot of the movement and harassing of defenders he did to drag them out of positions and create gaps he has stopped doing - for me this is as good a reason to drop him as his lack of goals. Before we had no options and now we do. It is also why I would sell him now.  

Whoever we have up front needs to work hard, be it a one or two. Although untested yet, for most games I think Itten with Roofe or Defoe off him can certainly get us plenty of goals. But our sitting midfielders need to move the ball to our more attacking players more quickly, who themselves need to be more mobile - notably Hagi has been really static last few games, Kent and Aribo have been better.

It happens at all levels and although it is horrible to watch it is difficult to criticise teams trying not to lose - we ourselves got to the UEFA cup final by being really compact and hitting teams on the break and got criticised for it. The Champions League final last night was similar, totally dull with some of the best players in the world struggling to break each other down. Lots of side to side passing and possession football. The one time the Bayern played an incisive forward ball to a runner they scored. 

On 22/08/2020 at 18:53, maverick1200 said:

What gets me is that teams don't even try to attack when they are 1, 2 or 3 goals down. It's just the same until the full time whistle goes. 

And there 5 fucking subs a game. Could easily play with 3 styles of football every match. 

We could even afford to fling on someone in the first half if we see teams aren't coming over the halfway line who is a more forward player (4-1- 3- 2) and change again in the second half if we wanted/needed to...

How the fuck did we get to 5 subs? Wasn't long ago it was just 2. 

At least we dont have the water break with no extra time added on. I think the FA's don't think they're doing their job if they dont change something each season. 

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

A midfielder like Jorg Albertz would be nice! Oh to have the hammer now.

Even just someone who could get a good few from midfield a season. Ryan Jack was looking like he could do it, but he rarely gets the chance to get up coz he usually needs to stay back to cover Tavs place. 

On 23/08/2020 at 07:49, graeme_4 said:

Honestly makes our league unwatchable to the neutrals. Horrible stuff, on plastic pitches. And they wonder why our TV deal is pish. 

Watched some of St J Hibs yesterday , two even teams , still fucking horrific 😂

29 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Even just someone who could get a good few from midfield a season. Ryan Jack was looking like he could do it, but he rarely gets the chance to get up coz he usually needs to stay back to cover Tavs place. 

He’s no that good at shooting mate. As you say, need a midfielder that can  rip a few goals. 

Was going to make a thread regarding improving our league, but then I thought it might have been done again and again on here so didn’t bother.

I think our game needs a major rethink because it’s clearly not working.

Personally I’d get rid of the one point for drawing rule, you get fuck all unless you win.

Then let’s see who parks the bus

I have almost no interest in watching football now unless we are playing.

Even when we are playing it's usually a dreadful watch. No doubt that Scottish football requires drastic changes.  The standard is very poor and the games are not entertaining. If it wasn't for us v scum I doubt that there would be a TV at all. Those in authority cannot even find a sponsor - I wonder why ?

On 23/08/2020 at 18:44, LaaRFC said:

Think this image pretty much sums up what we will be up against all season. 

As folk have said it’s up to us to come up with solutions. 

37E09EAD-8F14-43AB-9B7B-8E2F56ABE24C.png

Horrendous pic, last 10mins, already one down yet they have that many defending their box.  Honest to fuck, this league is just shite!  They’d accept anything more than 0pts from our game was a bonus but they were already getting beat and yet still offered the square root of fuck all in our half.  

in terms of teams generally sitting in, like Livingston last week, they know we struggle to break teams down so it’s their best chance to get a point (cue their celebrations last weekend getting a point against us). It’s up to us to find a better way of breaking them down, sadly, three years in SG still hasn’t worked that out particularly well. 

As neutral viewing goes, our league is an horrendous watch and nothing is going to change that anytime soon. 

23 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

No doubt that Scottish football requires drastic changes.  The standard is very poor and the games are not entertaining.

The standard reflects the governance of the Scottish game. When one team holds undue influence and favour in same, it’s no coincidence that the product as a whole falters in that teams pursuit of success, power and greed instead of the common good...

Archived