Teams Sitting in Against Us!

mclovin9091

17 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

The standard reflects the governance of the Scottish game. When one team holds undue influence and favour in same, it’s no coincidence that the product as a whole falters in that teams pursuit of success, power and greed instead of the common good...

I cannot argue with any of that.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Swally said:

Was going to make a thread regarding improving our league, but then I thought it might have been done again and again on here so didn’t bother.

I think our game needs a major rethink because it’s clearly not working.

Personally I’d get rid of the one point for drawing rule, you get fuck all unless you win.

Then let’s see who parks the bus

It needs binned.

The cabal are in control and in control they shall remain, as our board still rake in the money and won't be creating any waves, spineless cunts that they are.

40 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

The standard reflects the governance of the Scottish game. When one team holds undue influence and favour in same, it’s no coincidence that the product as a whole falters in that teams pursuit of success, power and greed instead of the common good...

I have to disagree, it's not about scum. Might feel good to blame them and their influence for absolutely everything but it's just not the real problem here. Their influence is clearly is a problem within Scottish football but does it really effect teams sitting in against us?

What Scottish games are most watched on TV?

Old firm games ( there's no real problem here regarding interest)

Second most watched games on TV?

Rangers vs another or Scum vs another 

After that, there's not a lot of interest in the league. So apart from an exciting old-firm match, there's really not much interest outside Scottish fans, because the teams just sit in because we and the scum are too powerful to try and win against.

They go for a draw every single time - why would anyone want to watch that outside our league? No wonder Scottish football is seen as a bit of a joke.

That's why I was thinking, and I'm not saying it's possible, is for the carrot of getting one point, or sitting in against more powerful teams is removed completely from the situation.

As @Blue Avenger says, the format and framework needs scrapped. It's a putrid diseased pile of crap that cannot be brought to life without radical over-haul. This cannot be done while the current crap is still in place. 

THey do it because sometimes it pays off.  I probably pays off more than having a go at us. 

I feel we always do better against teams that come at us, and they seem to do better against teams that sit in. 

Hopefully with a change in players comes a change in our approach. I see Itten getting a lot of poacher type goals and Roofe will score from all over. With Aribo and Kent vastly improved and with Hagi, we should have enough talent to start breaking down these teams. I'm hoping Livi was just a blip to the future that lies ahead.

4 hours ago, gogzy said:

THey do it because sometimes it pays off.  I probably pays off more than having a go at us. 

I feel we always do better against teams that come at us, and they seem to do better against teams that sit in. 

As evident with our results in Europe. 

On 23/08/2020 at 18:44, LaaRFC said:

Think this image pretty much sums up what we will be up against all season. 

As folk have said it’s up to us to come up with solutions. 

37E09EAD-8F14-43AB-9B7B-8E2F56ABE24C.png

That's disgusting, probably wasn't even after a corner either.

7 defending players within the box and no wider than the width of the goal.

Archived