*****Official Hamilton vs Rangers Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the only reason Barker was able to look halfway effective in the last game (and, to a certain extent, against Livingston) is that he plays like a Hibs or Motherwell winger. When we're generally dominating possession with superior players and a guy asĀ 'one dimensional', 'raw', or 'direct' as him comes on, I think it genuinely baffles defenders who're used to containing our very technical attackers. It's a bit like if you're fighting a very technical martial artist and, out of nowhere, he tries to blooter you in the balls instead. It's technically worse, but surprising enough to occasionally be effective.Ā 

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

I think the only reason Barker was able to look halfway effective in the last game (and, to a certain extent, against Livingston) is that he plays like a Hibs or Motherwell winger. When we're generally dominating possession with superior players and a guy asĀ 'one dimensional', 'raw', or 'direct' as him comes on, I think it genuinely baffles defenders who're used to containing our very technical attackers. It's a bit like if you're fighting a very technical martial artist and, out of nowhere, he tries to blooter you in the balls instead. It's technically worse, but surprising enough to occasionally be effective.Ā 

How is he effective. Hes terrible!!!Ā 

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I will be very disappointed if McGregor comes back in tbh.

I said after his debut that I liked what I saw and Macgregor had a decent challenge for the shirt....a certain poster rubbished it as he likes to be negative and didn't see the positive in it....so far the big man is proving a very shrewd signingĀ 

Archived