*****Official Hamilton vs Rangers Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

Record broke. Another clean sheet. 3 points. Nothing else to note. A very, very average day at the office. 

Keeper excellent again. Back 4 look good. Jack immense. Davis decent without being great. Kent good-ish, frustrating at times. Hagi decent without being great. Barker and Roofe dreadful. 

Manager reluctant to make changes, i think to preserve defensive record and give people minutes who needed them but it really didn't help the team or performance. 

Onto the next cup final. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Davis is worse and he is starting! Arfield i dont mind so much coming off the bench when we are thin on the ground

Totally agree but can't even be bothered to address Davis. It's just too obvious and exhausting to talk about. 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

I have noticed that towards the end of games when we go a few up, Tav and Goldson start pissing about and don't even look like they want to go forward

Maybe its because of all the ridiculous late goals we have conceded over the past few seasons, but it's frustrating to watch when we should really be winning that today by 5 or 6 quite comfortably 

Tav takes it on the move runs 5 yards then stops and puts his fuckin foot on it.

1 minute ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Lots of positives.

My only concerns and roofe and barker.

Roofe leading the line in particular just now gives me a bit of the fear. Hopefully his composure improves quickly

It will be Itten more often than not I would think . 

kemar roofe was moaning at Kent and Barker whenever they failed to find him with the ball but when he got the easiest header of all time put on a plate for him by Borna he fluffed his lines 😂

Ran directly into Hamilton players at least 3 times losing possession and couldn't outrun that big defender at the back either. An awful day at the office for him. 

You know you can separate people who actually know football from those who don't have a fucking clue when they say Hagi and Roofe had bad games. Their brilliant movement and sharpness today is what gave the likes of Kent so much space

Barker was disgusting bad on the ball but his movement off it and behind was very, very good. We need to spend good money on a replacement who can make those runs but also do something with it once there 

1 minute ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

Record broke. Another clean sheet. 3 points. Nothing else to note. A very, very average day at the office. 

Keeper excellent again. Back 4 look good. Jack immense. Davis decent without being great. Kent good-ish, frustrating at times. Hagi decent without being great. Barker and Roofe dreadful. 

Manager reluctant to make changes, i think to preserve defensive record and give people minutes who needed them but it really didn't help the team or performance. 

Onto the next cup final. 

Davis and Jack pretty much done the same things.

How can 1 be decent and 1 immense?

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

You happy with that 2nd half? 

I'd prefer us to have scored a couple more but it's another easy win that we strolled through.

You have the same cunts who say "I'd take a boring 1-0 win in every game" nitpicking over minor points when we win boringly and comfortably.

7 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Early doors but if we're banking on Roofe to replace Alfiredo's goals then we're going to be toiling. 

Think that’s harsh, Roofe hasn’t had a pre season so he’s still miles off match fit. 

If Itten and Aribo were available today, he’d have taken Roofe off after 60 minutes/used him as a sub to help build up his match fitness. You could see he was blowing the final 20 minutes 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's mental.

Yes we all want a four or five nil win but yet again we've dominated a match from start to finish and never looked in danger even once of conceding never mind dropping points.

Kent and Jack the standouts.

Unspectacular but professional job today.

The game was over as a contest after 20 minutes. Yes, we should probably have added another goal or two but not doing it and seeing the game out at half speed doesn’t warrant declaring half the players on the park varying degrees of shite.

If you offered me that today every week between now and the end of the season I would bite your hand off for it.

You know you can separate people who actually know football from those who don't have a fucking clue when they say Hagi and Roofe had bad games. Their brilliant movement and sharpness today is what gave the likes of Kent so much space

Barker was disgusting bad on the ball but his movement off it and behind was very, very good. We need to spend good money on a replacement who can make those runs but also do something with it once there 

I lost count how many times hagi lost the ball.

3 points and 6 clean sheets. 9 clear of the scum.

Our only blip is not scoring at Livi.

I still worry we want to score the perfect goal. Better teams than Hamilton will cut out the mistakes Hamilton made today.

I'm also concerned we aren't being clinical enough. 6 goals clear of the scum but it would be double figures.

Overall it's a nice start.

Archived