*****Official Hamilton vs Rangers Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MasterD said:

Davis and Jack pretty much done the same things.

How can 1 be decent and 1 immense?

Because that's how i saw it. Jack showed more for me. More oomph. More energy. More intensity. More desire to play forward. Davis had the cigars out and slippers on, slowing everything down. Jacks best performance in a very very long time. A game of opinions. 

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

Think that’s harsh, Roofe hasn’t had a pre season so he’s still miles off match fit. 

If Itten and Aribo were available today, he’d have taken Roofe off after 60 minutes/used him as a sub to help build up his match fitness. You could see he was blowing the final 20 minutes 

Morelos was on the bench and would have done more damage than Roofe........

Just now, MorelosRangers said:

3 points and 6 clean sheets. 9 clear of the scum.

Our only blip is not scoring at Livi.

I still worry we want to score the perfect goal. Better teams than Hamilton will cut out the mistakes Hamilton made today.

I'm also concerned we aren't being clinical enough. 6 goals clear of the scum but it would be double figures.

Overall it's a nice start.

Not scoring enough goals is what will cost us this season. Our attacking options won't be enough to win a trophy, or the league. In my opinion. 

Not adding to our goals tally in these games is quite concerning, apart from Kent the rest of our forwards were very poor 2nd half.

Seeing a game out from 60 mins at Hamilton is not what i want to see from a Rangers team.

I'm not sure I understood the lack of subs especially going into international week.

However, I do think he was making a point with Morelos by not bringing him on.

Ho-hum last 60min but enough to keep me happy for a swally tonight.

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

You know you can separate people who actually know football from those who don't have a fucking clue when they say Hagi and Roofe had bad games. Their brilliant movement and sharpness today is what gave the likes of Kent so much space

Barker was disgusting bad on the ball but his movement off it and behind was very, very good. We need to spend good money on a replacement who can make those runs but also do something with it once there 

ffs mate, play Barker for his movement just don't give him the ball whatever you do..

Got to be happy with the result, but that second half was tedious.

Don't get the point of having Morelos on the bench if you're not prepared to play him when the team is creating chances but lacking finishing. Either you play him to see if his attitude is right or you don't have him in the squad. Kids got a fragile ego and it's really poor man management to have him stew on the bench and then put Arfield and Stewart on instead.  

Thought Tav was MOTM, Barker was poor, Hagi had touches but doesn't provide enough and Roofe worked as a link up man but not sure he's going to replace the goals the Buff gave us.

Onwards and upwards!!

I'd imagine when Itten is available he will play up front and Roofe will be one of the three attacking midfielders behind.  Roofe doesn't look like an out and out forward, certainly not the most comfortable finishing chances.

A replacement for Davis is a far bigger issue.  We need someone with real quality in there who can move the ball around quicker.  Davis just slows everything down and won't even chase back when he losses the ball.

3 minutes ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

Because that's how i saw it. Jack showed more for me. More oomph. More energy. More intensity. More desire to play forward. Davis had the cigars out and slippers on, slowing everything down. Jacks best performance in a very very long time. A game of opinions. 

Bizarre comments but your right , everybody has a different opinion........

7 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Fingers crossed, but can't see what you're basing that on. 

Well it comes form what I saw when he was at Leeds and SG has told us Roofe has not played much football this year and he is catching up on fitness and mach practice.

I might well be wrong and if he does not start producing good performance soon then I will start to becomes concerned.

If you taker away the goal from Hagi today was he much better ?? 

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Morelos was on the bench and would have done more damage than Roofe........

Morelos 20/21

Played 4, scored 2

Roofe 20/21

Played 3, scored 1

I don't think Roofe is doing to badly after the lack of games he's had since December, and the lack of pre-season.

Roofe needs to get match fit and match sharp, and you don't get that by sitting on the bench.

Looked to me as if we we're more concerned about keeping the clean sheet stat intact than anything else.

May come back to bite us in the arse ( ala goal dif ) may not, it did invite unwanted pressure from Hamilton which was concerning.

Fresh legs looked to be what was needed as some of the players seemed to have dropped the pace and we're just going through the motions.

Disappointing second half but 3 points.

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's mental.

Yes we all want a four or five nil win but yet again we've dominated a match from start to finish and never looked in danger even once of conceding never mind dropping points.

Kent and Jack the standouts.

You do realise our keeper punched one off the line, we were a bawhair away from conceding 😉

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not sure I understood the lack of subs especially going into international week.

However, I do think he was making a point with Morelos by not bringing him on.

Ho-hum last 60min but enough to keep me happy for a swally tonight.

Which is pretty pathetic roofe was honking especially the second half 

Archived