1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

Some positives and some negatives

+ Amazing defensive record

+ Kent looking like the £7m player we bought

+ Another 3 points

- We totally lack a killer instinct
- We somehow made Hamilton look dangerous when they went down to 10 men

Some observation:

Roofe is getting grief, but I don’t think folk appreciate his movement, strength and layoffs. He obviously tired near the end.

The management team better start getting us performing in both half’s of a match, otherwise we’ll be disappointed come the end of the season.

M8....unless we win 4/5-0 every game the natives get restless in here.....13/15pts....11goals for 0 conceded so far....could it be better...of course it could...we all want more goals and players looking like world beaters....could it be worse...again of course it could...without setting the heather on fire we are doing ok....do I believe we will improve again...yes....for too long we have been let down but unfortunately I feel the majority expect us to let them down again  hence the negativity 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Brubear said:

I agree about your point regarding clean sheets. It's good but not the most important thing. I'm sure we would all have preferred to have beat livi 2-1 as opposed to getting a clean sheet. Goal difference could prove important so needed to get a few more goals today. 

Would rather have the League than a clean sheet record, my point was I'd rather we went for more goals.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Roofe will score scads of goals when he gets his sharpness. His movement is too good.

People want to quickly judge him on a missed header.

Thank God RM wasn't around when McCoist played.

Correct. And morelos never, ever missed a sitter. Not once. Or you would think that by reading on here tonight. In reality morelos had plenty of games like roofe had today. Think there were times when he couldve and shouldve laid it off for someone else but maybe trying too hard to impress. Just looks to lack that sharpness like you said and when he regains that im sure he will be more than fine.

2 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Major positive is the brilliant run of clean sheets. We haven’t really looked troubled at all at the back.  Well done lads in creating history. 

Anyone know our best over all? Is it now? Was 91yrs ago the first time we started the league with 5 clean sheets in a row or did we do better in a previous season?

The season we went with a 100% win record must've had a good few clean sheets in it? In saying that, most games back when we done that had score lines like 5-4, 6-3 etc...

A good result but it should have been more our second half was chronic  quite a few times slack play allowed Hamilton a run in on our goal Goldson a few times today didn't command the high ball or the man just as he looked to have the ball & man covered his opponent got in front of him as the ball came down which left him two yards off the pace as his man won possession from the bounce then the move in on goal .

That clean sheet wont last long with that type of defending ditto a lot of passes today in the second half two goals to the good or not .

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Good result, superb first half.

Kent was class, in good form hopefully keeps it up. Another clean sheet.

Less said about Barker the better though, genuinely better with a youth than him.

Agree with most a that thought Barker was awrite,deffo need upgraded though 

2 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Agree with most a that thought Barker was awrite,deffo need upgraded though 

Barker was alright? He was fuckin awful, move broke down 9/10 times it came to him.

Took a touch when he should of shot, shot when he should of took a touch.

Worries me that Gerrard didn’t hook him after 55 min. 

Just now, Smell the hotdog said:

Barker was alright? He was fuckin awful, move broke down 9/10 times it came to him.

Hairy muff mate different opinions he wasn't the worst a thought 

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Should’ve or should have.  Please stop the tarrier style mate. 

Archived