*****Official Hamilton vs Rangers Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers are dominating games.

Scoring goals, not as many as I would like but it’s early.

Conceding none and the bonus is we give so little away.

We can improve no doubts about it so that’s a good sign as we are top of the league and the tinks are under pressure to win the games in hand. 

Just wish Gerrard would let them off the leash a bit more instead of slowing it down. 

I keep thinking someone is in for a drubbing but the way we ease off you can’t thrash anyone doing that.

Onward and upward I say 👍

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Not impressed by him yet , but should have been off for Morelos around 60 mins........

Spot on mate , the buff haters clinging onto roofes movement s is embarrassing, he was shite end of story 

Tell ye something I’ve had no scope to comment on the constant battering tav gets on his lack of shouting and geeing on the pitch being the captain  , it’s hard to tell at the games , every time the camera goes on him watching through the current set up he’s on at somebody 

Clearly we should have won by more goals today, but a wins a win as they say. Pity Defoe isn't fit, he'd have bagged a couple today with the chances on offer. Roofe doesn’t quite look match sharp yet, but think he will come good. Overall can't complain about our start to the season. Our results are relative to what they do, if they score 5 tomorrow, today suddenly seems a missed opportunity. However if they slip up , today is a great win.

11 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

The woodwork isn’t a goal mate.

he ballooned 2 decent chances today that I seen 

aye, and alfredo doesn't squander any chances at all

it's the nature of being a striker or a forward, you're going to miss chances

if it was alfredo everything would be getting said to absolve him of it, look how hard he works for the team, his contribution to the goal, at least he gets himself in those positions etc

i think we should hold off being too critical until the guy's had a chance to catch up after having hardly any matches since december and no pre-season.

11 hours ago, kanjo said:

Happy to win and keep another clean sheet but we need to get more clinical in front of goal imo. 

25 shots with only 2 goals against hamilton isn't great imo

pissed me off we took the foot off the gas after the second goal

Feels like we’re still playing preseason. So comfortable and minimal pressure. We’re just closing games out at 2-0 like Mourinho at Chelsea the first season. 

Goals win games, defences win titles.

Need to be more clinical, but think it will come. Squad is shaping up nicely but need another CM and a Barker replacement. And a CF if Morelos goes.

14 hours ago, shaka said:

I'd imagine when Itten is available he will play up front and Roofe will be one of the three attacking midfielders behind.  Roofe doesn't look like an out and out forward, certainly not the most comfortable finishing chances.

A replacement for Davis is a far bigger issue.  We need someone with real quality in there who can move the ball around quicker.  Davis just slows everything down and won't even chase back when he losses the ball.

Davis was the best man on the park first half - poor second half

14 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not sure I understood the lack of subs especially going into international week.

However, I do think he was making a point with Morelos by not bringing him on.

Ho-hum last 60min but enough to keep me happy for a swally tonight.

Aye that's good man management - complained about his lack of effort at training so left him out the squad last week, said a big improvement this week so back in the squad then makes a pure cunt of him by leaving him on the bench, especially when everyone could see Roofe was struggling ( was going to say rotten but decided to say struggling )

14 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

Clear signal to Morelos that Gerrard is the boss. To some extent the power was slightly with Morelos before as he was scoring and we had no other options so he was always likely to play. Now we've won two on the trot without him in the side and have other options. He needs to understand what side his bread is buttered and knuckle down. He could easily have replaced Roofe with him at the end but I liked the way he kept him on the bench to be honest. 

I think a full 90 for Roofe is important as he's not had much football in recent months. He did look shattered but it will help him in the long run.  

Like I said on another post fuckin great man management - wonder if it was 0 - 0 he'd have left the Buff on the bench

14 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Early days, but I don’t see Roofe as the answer here for us so far. Fitness question. Needs to sharpen up. 

The buffalo haters clinging onto roofes movement was good watching it on a 42 inch radius was embarrassing, he was shite 

15 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

Clear signal to Morelos that Gerrard is the boss. To some extent the power was slightly with Morelos before as he was scoring and we had no other options so he was always likely to play. Now we've won two on the trot without him in the side and have other options. He needs to understand what side his bread is buttered and knuckle down. He could easily have replaced Roofe with him at the end but I liked the way he kept him on the bench to be honest. 

I think a full 90 for Roofe is important as he's not had much football in recent months. He did look shattered but it will help him in the long run.  

If the treatment of players is to stay consistent and the buffalo was in Gerrards opinion rightly left out the squad last week then he should have been on for a honking Roofe the 60/65th minute yesterday , waiting till the 85th minute then bringing on Stuart who Gerrard doesn’t rate, isn’t clever it’s absolute shite patter and man management 

15 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

If the treatment of players is to stay consistent and the buffalo was in Gerrards opinion rightly left out the squad last week then he should have been on for a honking Roofe the 60/65th minute yesterday , waiting till the 85th minute then bringing on Stuart who Gerrard doesn’t rate, isn’t clever it’s absolute shite patter and man management 

You reap what you sew and in my opinion Alfredo should not have even made the bench, I cannot see this situation ending well.

Archived