*****Official Hamilton vs Rangers Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

36 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

If the treatment of players is to stay consistent and the buffalo was in Gerrards opinion rightly left out the squad last week then he should have been on for a honking Roofe the 60/65th minute yesterday , waiting till the 85th minute then bringing on Stuart who Gerrard doesn’t rate, isn’t clever it’s absolute shite patter and man management 

Roofe was poor and AM should have been brought on as soon as they went down to ten men. 

Stewart came on at 90 minutes which was an absolute joke of a sub.

Barker looked dead on his feet also and another one who should have been subbed.

Yes we were 2-0 and comfortable but like seasons before I just don’t think SG uses his subs right, at times.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Roofe was poor and AM should have been brought on as soon as they went down to ten men. 

Stewart came on at 90 minutes which was an absolute joke of a sub.

Barker looked dead on his feet also and another one who should have been subbed.

Yes we were 2-0 and comfortable but like seasons before I just don’t think SG uses his subs right, at times.

If the situation is still at the stage Gerrard hasn’t forgiven the buff just leave him out the squad again, don’t have him sitting on the bench with absolutely no intentions of bringing him on when roofe should have been been hooked, absolutely pointless for the squad and the support 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

If the situation is still at the stage Gerrard hasn’t forgiven the buff just leave him out the squad again, don’t have him sitting on the bench with absolutely no intentions of bringing him on when roofe should have been been hooked, absolutely pointless for the squad and the support 

Who says he'd no intention of bringing him on? Unless you know what Gerrard would have done at nil nil at say 70 or 80 minutes then you've no basis to say he'd no intention of playing him.

Roofe needs minutes to get back to full fitness. Theres logic in giving him the minutes more than any other player given the game was won.

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I agree his point was made by dropping him but on one side it could probably be argued he was there to be used if needed but due to the two goals SG could continue to punish him.  It will be an interesting international break...

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Who says he'd no intention of bringing him on? Unless you know what Gerrard would have done at nil nil at say 70 or 80 minutes then you've no basis to say he'd no intention of playing him.

Roofe needs minutes to get back to full fitness. Theres logic in giving him the minutes more than any other player given the game was won.

Roofe was poor the buff should been on end of story , if Defoe had been on the bench roofe been aff after 65, if the buff performed like roofe he’d been off after 65,

yesterday’s proceedings were all geared round Gerrard pissing the buff off when I’d much rather he’d use better man management skills to get him back to being our best player again,

if that’s far to far gon leave him out the squad , no point in us saying during game get the buff on when there’s no chance it’s happening , if roofe was playing well fine but he clearly wasn’t and Gerrard used another he can’t stick in Greig Stuart as part of the charade 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Roofe was poor the buff should been on end of story , if Defoe had been on the bench roofe been aff after 65, if the buff performed like roofe he’d been off after 65,

yesterday’s proceedings were all geared round Gerrard pissing the buff off when I’d much rather he’d use better man management skills to get him back to being our best player again,

if that’s far to far gon leave him out the squad , no point in us saying during game get the buff on when there’s no chance it’s happening , if roofe was playing well fine but he clearly wasn’t and Gerrard used another he can’t stick in Greig Stuart as part of the charade 

All assumption. Based on a narrative that you've no basis to make other than guesswork / agenda.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

All assumption. Based on a narrative that you've no basis to make other than guesswork / agenda.

Stuck out like a sore thumb mate, you don’t leave your best player on the bench when his replacement is having a howler if there’s not still a problem 

16 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Stuck out like a sore thumb mate, you don’t leave your best player on the bench when his replacement is having a howler if there’s not still a problem 

You do when the game is relatively comfortable and you're trying to get minutes, sharpness and building an understanding with team mates into a player we know is here for this season over one who might not be.

40 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Just watched yesterday back again. We really were excellent all over the park.

Definitely should’ve been 4 or 5 but some of our play was brilliant. More of the same please Rangers!

Watching it again, must have been a different game you watched.  Barker and Hagi were pish and Roofe was well off it.

2 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

You do when the game is relatively comfortable and you're trying to get minutes, sharpness and building an understanding with team mates into a player we know is here for this season over one who might not be.

Get our best player on bag himself a couple of goals and watch him rip the league up again 

21 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Its been well documented Roofe needed minutes, he got 90. There was no need to call on Alfie.

Roofe missed chances but he didn't have a howler. 

My opinion only but like every other sub Morelos was there to be called upon if required or if it suited circumstances to play him. It without basis to say him not getting on whilst being named as a sub is more than just that. An unused option.

I

Thought we were brilliant first half, should have been more than 2-0.  Second half we were alright.  I think we’d have scored a third it would have been 5 or 6.

special shout out to Jon McLaughlin for that save.  Outstanding reflexes.  I still think mcgregor is our undisputed number 1 but saves like that when he’s had fuck all to do for 80 minutes or whatever it was could change my mind.

48 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I've no idea if @Smell the hotdog is trolling or being serious tbh :lol:

Although I think we're somewhere in between. Results and clean sheets have been very good on the whole, but still too many passengers and issues throughout the side that concern me.

The way this team have been from the beginning is that we won't make it to the game against them without dropping more points along the road. 

We're still doing this thing from January onwards of having either a shite first half good second or vice versa, it needs to change quickly. 

My only criticism is Gerrards subs.  The games went a bit stale and he waits to 81 minutes to change it and brings on arfield ffs. 60/65 minutes two fresh faces should have been brought on imo. 

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

My only criticism is Gerrards subs.  The games went a bit stale and he waits to 81 minutes to change it and brings on arfield ffs. 60/65 minutes two fresh faces should have been brought on imo. 

Agreed

We took our foot off the gas , needed a bit more urgency and a couple of forward players may have done it for us.

14 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Watching it again, must have been a different game you watched.  Barker and Hagi were pish and Roofe was well off it.

Barker was pish I think that we can all agree. We played some great football though at times, Jack great in the middle for the first time this season. 

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its been well documented Roofe needed minutes, he got 90. There was no need to call on Alfie.

Roofe missed chances but he didn't have a howler. 

My opinion only but like every other sub Morelos was there to be called upon if required or if it suited circumstances to play him. It without basis to say him not getting on whilst being named as a sub is more than just that. An unused option.

I

All about opinions yours is it was all for the good of the team , mines is Gerrard went out his way to make a cunt of the buff yesterday 

3 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Can’t get over how shite we are at the minute, next month will be a struggle if we don’t sort it out.

I'll take our brand of shite all day,  no losses and no goals conceeded in the first 6 games. 

2 hours ago, Cedrick said:

All about opinions yours is it was all for the good of the team , mines is Gerrard went out his way to make a cunt of the buff yesterday 

I agree and disagree. I don't think it was to make a cunt out of him but it was to show him who's boss and I think it was the right call.

If Morelos magically stays (I hope he does), Gerrard needed to show him that his petulant behaviour is unacceptable and he can't just get back into the team if he fucks up.

My opinion is that it was the right call to keep Roofe on as he needed the mins and the game was won, it'll benefit us in due course if we can continue to get the mins into his legs ASAP. 

Plenty players in the past have been given a lesson and made to sit on the bench and watch others play in their position.

I think that Gerrard was right to leave him on the bench for the full game.  It was a message to him that he isn't bigger than the team and we can win without him.  IF he isn't sold now he will know that he either needs to buck up or be left out of the squad.

no player wants to be left on the bench, how he reacts to this will be very telling.

Archived