*****Official Hamilton vs Rangers Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

4 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Stuck out like a sore thumb mate, you don’t leave your best player on the bench when his replacement is having a howler if there’s not still a problem 

So called ‘best player’ that doesn’t want to be here. 

He’s been absolutely honking for the best part of 20 games. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get this roofe was poor patter, guys not match fit, he had chances, he worked hard, maybe with a different ref would have won a couple of penalties. Never threw a hissy fit once took the decisions and kept working, guy will be great for us I'm sure of it.

5 minutes ago, Bannockbear said:

Don't get this roofe was poor patter, guys not match fit, he had chances, he worked hard, maybe with a different ref would have won a couple of penalties. Never threw a hissy fit once took the decisions and kept working, guy will be great for us I'm sure of it.

He set Barker up brilliantly in the first half only for Barker's first touch to let himself down. 

For a player who is not yet up to speed, he is still doing a lot of good things. 

I thought Roofe was better in the second half last week playing off Itten.

Mibbee gaffer should have  swallowed  his pride and played two up top, I guess time will tell as the big lad should be back fit and raring to go after the international  break.

Mibbee buffy's future will be  clearer by then too, certainly wouldn't be letting him sod off to Columbia neither unless he's selected internationally,  always comes back in worse nick than he went it seems.

5 hours ago, ZZed said:

A lot to come from Roofe but I think is still doing a lot right and he is getting better each game. A couple of weeks of fitness and hopefully he is to full speed.

Some folk seem to think Roofe is our main striker. I genuinely believe he is more forward than striker. I’m not saying he won’t play as the main focal point but don’t expect a “striker” per se. Think Naismith.  ( or don’t if it makes you angry :lol:)

12 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Roofe was poor the buff should been on end of story , if Defoe had been on the bench roofe been aff after 65, if the buff performed like roofe he’d been off after 65,

yesterday’s proceedings were all geared round Gerrard pissing the buff off when I’d much rather he’d use better man management skills to get him back to being our best player again,

if that’s far to far gon leave him out the squad , no point in us saying during game get the buff on when there’s no chance it’s happening , if roofe was playing well fine but he clearly wasn’t and Gerrard used another he can’t stick in Greig Stuart as part of the charade 

Disagree with this...we still pay his wages....if he Is dropped then fine...if he has to sit on the bench fine...if he is required to come on then again fine....do we just accept the approach that a signed player can sit on his arse a do as he pleases?

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Disagree with this...we still pay his wages....if he Is dropped then fine...if he has to sit on the bench fine...if he is required to come on then again fine....do we just accept the approach that a signed player can sit on his arse a do as he pleases?

We did yesterday , he should’ve been on 65 mins at the latest 

Just now, Cedrick said:

We did yesterday , he should’ve been on 65 mins at the latest 

Why?

If he sees his future away from us then I don't see why we need to pander to him....his time is up with us...I'm not sure bringing him on against Hamilton will prove to either party

The consensus is Gerrard done the correct thing leaving the buff out the squad last week coz he didn’t try a leg in training which is fair enough , but where it gets confusing, after the buff trained himself back into the squad Gerrard also done the correct thing having him sit on the bench when the man in his place was having a howler? I’m not having that , if the buff deserved to be back in the squad he deserved to be brought on when roofe was “making it easy” for Gerrard to hook him 

9 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Why?

If he sees his future away from us then I don't see why we need to pander to him....his time is up with us...I'm not sure bringing him on against Hamilton will prove to either party

Mate, if Gerrard sees his future is away from us I think  Stevie was saying to him, get yer fucking head out yer arse and see what’s in front of you here Alfie. Work for your move as you’ve had it too good for quite a while. I do wonder if Alfie is getting grief from his wife to get the fuck out of Scotland. That would be disappointing. 

19 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Why?

If there’s any way of salvaging it Gerrard didn’t go the right way about it on Saturday imo , the rumour mill he’s wanting away was in full flow when he scored the 2 goals against st Mirren to 

Just watching the RTV away days video and also just in general from the game I think Saturday showed Hagi is better use to us central. Whilst it wasn't a spectacular performance by any means, I think he is better when he has space around him to turn and run with the ball and should be played more central going forward. Think he is wasted out wide. He showed when he came off the bench in certain games last season he was capable of driving the team on and getting us up the park. 

On 30/08/2020 at 13:29, Cedrick said:

All about opinions yours is it was all for the good of the team , mines is Gerrard went out his way to make a cunt of the buff yesterday 

As he should. Needed knocked down a peg. Disrespected his team mates, manager and club once too many times. 

Feels like some fans have been so starved of success that they can’t see past him. No one is bigger than the club. 

Archived