*****Official Hamilton vs Rangers Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

41 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It is and another example why Scottish football is a tinpot league. 

It should be a minimal requirement to have a grass pitch to play in the top flight.

If you can't have one, then you don't get entry. 

Mind they wouldn't let Inverness up because their stadium wasn't all seated or whatever the fuck it was at the time yet allow bombsite pitches like those to be played on. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Mind they wouldn't let Inverness up because their stadium wasn't all seated or whatever the fuck it was at the time yet allow bombsite pitches like those to be played on. 

I think that was the time the sheep were to go down and only kept up because of it. 

Be in no doubt that Hamilton will be parking a double decker in the 6 yard box on Saturday evening and the onus will be on us to undo that. Although we want to put pressure on the Eastenders, we are going to firstly have be able to handle the presssure on ourselves in breaking down the Accies defence while handling the underfoot conditions, and that is not easy. As always an early goal can settle the nerves and that is got to be our main aim. We need players that can shoot from outside the box through their packed defence and/or be able to take advantage of set pieces, free kicks etc. Hagi and Barisic could be the key men along with the big men from the back coming up for corners. I don't think McLaughlin  will have anything to do as they will be happy to hold out for a goaless bore draw. Patience is the key as it's going to be a nervy contest unless we get that early break.

4 minutes ago, Billyblueblood said:

Be in no doubt that Hamilton will be parking a double decker in the 6 yard box on Saturday evening and the onus will be on us to undo that. Although we want to put pressure on the Eastenders, we are going to firstly have be able to handle the presssure on ourselves in breaking down the Accies defence while handling the underfoot conditions, and that is not easy. As always an early goal can settle the nerves and that is got to be our main aim. We need players that can shoot from outside the box through their packed defence and/or be able to take advantage of set pieces, free kicks etc. Hagi and Barisic cpould be the key men along with the big men from the back coming up for corners. I don't think McLaughlin  will have anything to do as they will be happy to hold out for a goaless bore draw. Patience is the key as it's going to be a nervy contest unless we get that early break.

See in fairness to Hamilton, they normally have a go. They’re not like the sheep, Killie or Livi.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

See in fairness to Hamilton, they normally have a go. They’re not like the sheep, Killie or Livi.

Since Rice took over they've had a decent go at us, I don't expect anything different on Saturday

1 hour ago, Billyblueblood said:

Be in no doubt that Hamilton will be parking a double decker in the 6 yard box on Saturday evening and the onus will be on us to undo that. Although we want to put pressure on the Eastenders, we are going to firstly have be able to handle the presssure on ourselves in breaking down the Accies defence while handling the underfoot conditions, and that is not easy. As always an early goal can settle the nerves and that is got to be our main aim. We need players that can shoot from outside the box through their packed defence and/or be able to take advantage of set pieces, free kicks etc. Hagi and Barisic could be the key men along with the big men from the back coming up for corners. I don't think McLaughlin  will have anything to do as they will be happy to hold out for a goaless bore draw. Patience is the key as it's going to be a nervy contest unless we get that early break.

Any more footballing cliches you want to squeeze in? You only missed a couple mind.

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

You think Hamilton will score mate?  

Possibly 🤣

We’re going to lose a goal at some point mate. I would be delighted with 4-1 and not the usual trudged borefest.

Saying that would also be happy  with a narrow 1-0 and a big three points going into the break. 

41 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Any more footballing cliches you want to squeeze in? You only missed a couple mind.

Its a game of 2 halves, but you win nothing with kids in a game where the ref is a homer unless its PPG competition or the cream rises to the top.

10 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Possibly 🤣

We’re going to lose a goal at some point mate. I would be delighted with 4-1 and not the usual trudged borefest.

Saying that would also be happy  with a narrow 1-0 and a big three points going into the break. 

With our possession it will be tough for them to score, but yes a goal against us will come at some point. I’m hoping we destroy them as any team with a plastic pitch I would like to see relegated. 

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Big Balogun looks raring to go for Saturday. (Helander for me)

Look at the size of the legs on Barjanos!

I like the look of the big man and he seems right up for it. I think he's going to be a right good signing. 

Archived