*****Official Hamilton vs Rangers Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

13 hours ago, Billyblueblood said:

Be in no doubt that Hamilton will be parking a double decker in the 6 yard box on Saturday evening and the onus will be on us to undo that. Although we want to put pressure on the fenian bastards, we are going to firstly have be able to handle the presssure on ourselves in breaking down the Accies defence while handling the underfoot conditions, and that is not easy. As always an early goal can settle the nerves and that is got to be our main aim. We need players that can shoot from outside the box through their packed defence and/or be able to take advantage of set pieces, free kicks etc. Hagi and Barisic could be the key men along with the big men from the back coming up for corners. I don't think McLaughlin  will have anything to do as they will be happy to hold out for a goaless bore draw. Patience is the key as it's going to be a nervy contest unless we get that early break.

Fixed that for you.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Who started this Jackamara patter? It’s awful :anguish:

I don’t think I started it but I did say it’s all I could see when folk were posting it in another thread. Mackie Jackamara or some shite.

Will take the ban for it though.

No point is risking returning  players on plastic. Too dangerous. Sensible to leave out Aribo and Defoe. However close they are.

I have no idea what is happening with Morelos. If a deal is imminent then he won't be risked. If he has buckled down this week and no firm offer on the table then I expect him to at least make the bench.

14 hours ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Expecting an easy win.

I expect to see wee Alfredo on the bench or starting this weekend.

And i am very pissed off as i cannot drink as i have been placed on Antibiotics for an Infection so fucking raging.:lol:

They only advise against, never had a bad night on the booze with antibiotics 

9 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

A chance to get the goal difference up, we Don't need 1 striker and 2 defensive midfielders, attack and hammer them Rangers. 

May see two up top but will see Jack with Kamara or Davis even which is nuts. I want Jack or Kamara and then Hagi in behind Roofe who is playing of Itten.

28 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if this is 0-0. I really don’t enjoy games on these plastic pitches at all. 

We should have enough to win but we can’t take anything for granted.

We always seem to pump Hamilton on it.

Same teams as last Saturday for me. No reason to change.

For all the stick Davis gets he is willing to play a forward pass and try something Jack and Kamara wont. Barker did nothing to get dropped and will be willing to try something different. Kent is in the form of his life then Itten and Roofe both need as much playing time as possible and played well last weekend.

If we're clear by half time/60 mins get Hagi on and give him a bit of confidence. With Aribo out, we need someone who can match Kent for goals behind the strikers and he has the potential to do it. We just need to start seeing it now.

We'll get another clean sheet because it's Goldson & Helander together, Itten to get his first and it to finish 2-0.

1 minute ago, jamess said:

Another plastic pitch we struggle at.  2-0 would be a good result.

Think we usually do not too bad at Hamilton, it’s the killie and Livingston games we really struggle at so expecting a convincing win 

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Think we usually do not too bad at Hamilton, it’s the killie and Livingston games we really struggle at so expecting a convincing win 

Maybe final result wise, but I just remember quite a few turgid poor performances.

On 27/08/2020 at 12:31, Smell the hotdog said:

Not buying into the their about to implode chat, we’ve been here before (AEK, Cluj, Rodgers leaving) and we’ve made a cunt of it everytime.

Time to go and make a statement on Saturday and blow these away. Until we can put a run of more than 4 wins together I’ll have my doubts on whether Gerrard can capitalise on whatever is going on over the road

Absolutely this. We've seen it before around this time and it has come to nothing, we have to do our bit and keep winning.

What I will say though if we keep winning 4 out of 5 games up until the end of the season and win the 3 spare at the end we'll be on 31 wins. That's where the pressure will really mount and then hopefully collapse them.

Archived