• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fortunately there doesn’t seem to have been any incidents so far this season where we would have benefitted from the introduction of VAR ,But earlier today I started to think that it’s introduction in

VAR will do us absolutely no good whatsoever. We will have Collum on the pitch and Clancy is a room saying it wasn’t clear and obvious. I genuinely don’t want it anywhere near us 

For me VAR gives a black or white call for these officials to make ,something that they can’t hide from ,I know it’s far from perfect and to an extent we can already feel we have been done by VAR ,Lev

Would be an absolute clusterfuck up here.

Even if one goes right for us (and wrong against them) the Scottish Sun and Daily Record would have the names and details of the poor cunt/s in the control room eveywhere.

That VAR control room would be corrupted the same way every level of SPFL/SFA/the media/Police Scotland and the Scottish Government is, literally within a year.

There's zero sense of fair play in Scotland. We are still waiting on the footballing media, Government and our own board coming out and slaughtering celtic getting awarded titles they never won (amongst so much more).

This will be another extension to all that.

Put the money into properly training (and vetting) future ref's and raising the standard instead.

9 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Would happily take goal like technology but Clive Tyldesley hit the nail on the head for me today. 

Imagine celebrating a goal, going wild only for it to be ruled out after 5 mins? Not for me. 

VAR ruined Europe a bit for me last season. When we scored at Ibrox I obviously celebrated but then suddenly you realise that at any moment that joy could turn to gloom and anger. Luckily it didn’t happen but look at down south where it happens all the time 

dougie76 and kanjo like this
14 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Would be an absolute clusterfuck up here.

Even if one goes right for us (and wrong against them) the Scottish Sun and Daily Record would have the names and details of the poor cunt/s in the control room eveywhere.

That VAR control room would be corrupted the same way every level of SPFL/SFA/the media/Police Scotland and the Scottish Government is, literally within a year.

There's zero sense of fair play in Scotland. We are still waiting on the footballing media, Government and our own board coming out and slaughtering celtic getting awarded titles they never won (amongst so much more).

This will be another extension to all that.

Put the money into properly training (and vetting) future ref's and raising the standard instead.

The refs are already vetted ,vetted to suit Peado Pete ,Clancy is the man getting pushed as the next premier referee in this country and we can all see when it comes to a big 50/50 call it won’t be going our way .

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Fitba has been fine for hundreds of years without VAR. 

According to FIFA, the world governing body of football, the contemporary history of the game began in 1863 in England, when rugby football and association football "branched off on their different courses" and the English Football Association (the FA) was formed as the sport's first governing body.

I hate var, fuk a game could end up lasting 100 mins bcos of VAR stoppages get it tae fuk.

VAR will take out the Arguments in the pubs after a game ,,, VAR said it was fine now shut to fuk up,, 

Kaydubya11 likes this
12 minutes ago, KAI said:

According to FIFA, the world governing body of football, the contemporary history of the game began in 1863 in England, when rugby football and association football "branched off on their different courses" and the English Football Association (the FA) was formed as the sport's first governing body.

I hate var, fuk a game could end up lasting 100 mins bcos of VAR stoppages get it tae fuk.

VAR will take out the Arguments in the pubs after a game ,,, VAR said it was fine now shut to fuk up,, 

Nae need.

KAI? That name no a bit famous around here?

11 hours ago, bluenoz said:

However, I must admit, they have made a shambles of it in England for whatever reason.

Aye the EPL version is a shambles ,typical EPL though trying to do one better than everybody else without actually thinking things through properly ,The idea of Stockley park or whatever it’s called seems a great idea but in reality the refs on the pitch need the chance to see what has actually went on 

It’s a bit like their wonderful idea of closing the transfer window the day before the league starts ,Too many idiots bought into it ,they thought it was unfair that you can start a season with a squad and then lose players before the window .They all bought into it failing to realise that a team from out with the EPL or championship could still buy their star players but they were then unable to replace them 

All part of the ego they have built up for themselves 

bluenoz likes this

VAR main benefit is that it counteracts human error, Itten’s yellow card wasn’t that and I don’t think VAR will be enough to stop such decisions. The media is who holds these decisions to full public scrutiny and they won’t with or without VAR. 

We need VAR up here as the standard of the refs is poor.

VAR itself isn't a problem, as long as it's implemented in a manner that doesn't overly effect the flow of the game.

In fact, if it's done in the correct way, it can actually add to the drama.

VAR should be welcomed.

These are only the first couple of years, and with that, will bring teething issues. Most people’s complaints with it come with the amount of time it takes to overturn a decision or let it stand. I believe that will get better over the years that VAR progresses. Imagine the incompetence that would be scored out with the introduction of VAR?

I would love it here.