I'd just like to say

Camshy

I might bitch and moan when we don't do well but Stevie G, I love this guy at the forefront of our team and truly believe we have the right man for the job.......all things considered he has dragged us from obscurity to a team we love to praise or slag however we may be feeling at that point in time.....fans are fickle, me included.

Looking at things in perspective he really has made a difference to our club and whenever the time comes for us to truly gloat, I hope and believe he is that man.

To a brighter future.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not there with him (on that level anyway)

Don't hate the guy, don't want him sacked (just yet) and he's done a lot of good - I'm just not on board with everything he does.

I'll be the first to make a thread like this when we actually win a league. 

Until then, I kinda cringe a wee bit at threads like this. We beat Kilmarnock at Ibrox. Let's get things in some perspective for once (for good or bad).

Definitely improved the standards on and off the pitch , his blindness to some players will constantly bite him though and the whole Liverpool thing annoys me at times to, when did we ever train in grey 

8 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'm not there with him (on that level anyway)

Don't hate the guy, don't want him sacked (just yet) and he's done a lot of good - I'm just not on board with everything he does.

I'll be the first to make a thread like this when we actually win a league. 

Until then, I kinda cringe a wee bit at threads like this. We beat Kilmarnock at Ibrox. Let's get things in some perspective for once (for good or bad).

Its not the win against Killie that makes me feel this way about the guy but fully understand if people have the opposing view.

Just now, Camshy said:

Its not the win against Killie that makes me feel this way about the guy but fully understand if people have the opposing view.

If it's not the win against Kilmarnock then what is it mate? the 2 previous trophy'less seasons?

I don't mean to be a dick to you saying that, but if you take Europe and a couple of tarrier games away from the equation, we've ultimately won nothing- and we should have.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Most embarrassing and that’s including losing 5 to celtic.

Genuinely went to the concourse when it started. The literal definition of tinpot that night. Add into the fact we got fucking beat as well. Pathetic. The support standards has fallen drastically since I was old enough to go to games

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Genuinely went to the concourse when it started. The literal definition of tinpot that night. Add into the fact we got fucking beat as well. Pathetic. The support standards has fallen drastically since I was old enough to go to games

Honestly just sat there laughing :lol: 

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

If it's not the win against Kilmarnock then what is it mate? the 2 previous trophy'less seasons?

I don't mean to be a dick to you saying that, but if you take Europe and a couple of tarrier games away from the equation, we've ultimately won nothing- and we should have.

No we haven't but before Gerrard we were another Kilmarnock in this league, a team who had no hope against celtic and tbh a toss up against....Kilmarnock if we could win.

Now we can play them and be confident instead of scared, we have to remember how shit we were. He has upped the standards and I believe eve  our failures of the last 2 seasons have somewhat been a success.....considering previous seasons and how far ahead they are.

Its what I choose to believe,  not for others but I guess thats opinions and football for you......but one thing is we are better than what we were and thats down to him.

1 minute ago, Camshy said:

No we haven't but before Gerrard we were another Kilmarnock in this league, a team who had no hope against celtic and tbh a toss up against....Kilmarnock if we could win.

Now we can play them and be confident instead of scared, we have to remember how shit we were. He has upped the standards and I believe eve  our failures of the last 2 seasons have somewhat been a success.....considering previous seasons and how far ahead they are.

Its what I choose to believe,  not for others but I guess thats opinions and football for you......but one thing is we are better than what we were and thats down to him.

Exactly what I’m talking about. I used to go to parkhead and laugh at they bastards for 90 minutes cause we’d already wrapped up the league. Now it’s brilliant we’re no scared of them. Fuck off😂

2 minutes ago, Camshy said:

The most confident I’ve seen our fans before an old firm since we came back up was the 3-2 under Murty tbh.

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

You kinda move along with the times not really noticing the decline during the games in the backing and atmosphere, until they showed the old games on BBC Scotland at the start of lock down , even although I was at them all I still got a shock watching it back and seeing how the stands used to be , big games, don’t get me wrong but the ferocity of the support and the stands absolutely bouncing from start to finish shocked me what it’s now became 

7 minutes ago, Camshy said:

It's an undeniable fact we are in a better place than we were before.

The question you need to ask, is, are you glad he's spent 30-million and we still drop the points we do to the shite in the league and make the same mistakes we do? (given we have no God-given right to win every game, but we can't win 5 games in a row regularly) that say's a lot about him.

5 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

You kinda move along with the times not really noticing the decline during the games in the backing and atmosphere, until they showed the old games on BBC Scotland at the start of lock down , even although I was at them all I still got a shock watching it back and seeing how the stands used to be , big games, don’t get me wrong but the ferocity of the support and the stands absolutely bouncing from start to finish shocked me what it’s now became 

Watching that 3-2 final was class.

Are you watching fenian scum is superb.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Watching that 3-2 final was class.

Are you watching fenian scum is superb.

Aye 👍🏻👌🏻, there was a passage of play we kept getting throw ins in front of the bears in the north stand on tv , absolutely bouncing to Derry’s walls 

The Warburton/Caixinha/Murty standard was so bad we really can’t keep comparing if we want to get somewhere. We’ve improved from then but with the money Gerrard’s been given that’s the very least we can expect surely, nothing has been won.

The fact that he’s still here and theres threads like this after two trophy-less seasons demonstrates that he’s been given plenty of leeway, historically a Rangers manager would be lucky to even get to the end of one trophy-less season. 

We need to hope this is the season it comes together but Gerrard has got everything to prove, I think some folk are still star struck about his status as a player which really shouldn’t mean much. 

Archived