Defence

eskbankloyal

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So if he continues making more mistakes he's impressing you more? 

Its like chances. Give less away, less chance of losing goals. Id rather a keeper had little to do but did that little well, than was pulling off saves left right centre. 

Its commendable fixing your own fault, its not an impressive quality though imo.

All players make mistakes.  It's not the mistake that's impressive.  It's the fight to fix that mistake.

Many players after they lose the ball or make a mistake just give up on it and wait til the next time they are called on.  A player who is willing to fight to fix any mistake he has made is infinitely more impressive than a player who isn't.

Can you point to any players who don't make the occasional mistake?  Any player, any where at any team in the world?

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

All players make mistakes.  It's not the mistake that's impressive.  It's the fight to fix that mistake.

Many players after they lose the ball or make a mistake just give up on it and wait til the next time they are called on.  A player who is willing to fight to fix any mistake he has made is infinitely more impressive than a player who isn't.

Can you point to any players who don't make the occasional mistake?  Any player, any where at any team in the world?

Am pretty sure most players make mistakes. Personally I'm not hailing it even if he does recover. Its not a positive for me.

I've said imo he's been an 8/10 this season so I'm not saying he's playing poorly. But its a worrying trait if defenders are associated with making mistakes.

4 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Defence have been comfortable and deserve credit but in all honesty the quality in the league this year is absolutely terrible.

The 4 games against them should determine league winner but who knows with us.

If we looked even close to winning the tables would be turned by the men in black.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Am pretty sure most players make mistakes. Personally I'm not hailing it even if he does recover. Its not a positive for me.

I've said imo he's been an 8/10 this season so I'm not saying he's playing poorly. But its a worrying trait if defenders are associated with making mistakes.

It's actually quite incredible that you're happy to slaughter players ITT for making mistakes but aren't having it when people think Gerrard is making mistakes game after game. 

42 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's actually quite incredible that you're happy to slaughter players ITT for making mistakes but aren't having it when people think Gerrard is making mistakes game after game. 

Its quite incredible you think I'm slaughtering players.

Rating of 8/10 for his performances this season is tearing strips off him it seems.

15 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

I'm probably gonna get shit for this but I actually think that Helander has been looking quite a bit quicker across the ground than he was last year.

He can build up speed - saw an example of that when chasing the Killie winger, and beating him, after he got passed him, but he is slow from a standing start. 

I think Helander is great and he always seems to get on the end of a ball or close to it in opposition boxes too, like Katic does (but obviously Katic is more physical). 

His partnership with Goldson is great and tbh that's my 1st choice partnership week in week out unless one of them makes a big mistake then you can rotate Balogun or Edmundson back in (depending on game situation). 

Archived