Alfredo, the press and the Rangers family

Soldier blue

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe we have handled this situation badly if certain reports are to be believed.       If he had agreed terms with Lille then why was he allowed to get that far involved if the transfer fee wasn't high enough?  We should simply have said no  to Lille at the outset or given them the figure and if no deal then we move on.  Gerrard should not have gone public on the transfer speculation no matter what and not publicly commented on Morelos' not showing sufficient enthusiasm.   Having done so, the price will drop and that was a stupid mistake to make.

15 hours ago, Soldier blue said:

This is the first time I have started a topic on here but I have been saddened by some of the comments on here of late so here goes.

I believe that AM has been a good servant to our club.  He has always been honest that he viewed us as a stepping stone to enhance his career, many of us diehard Rangers fans would say that he already plays for the best club in the world but he is Coulumbian and had probably never heard of Rangers before he joined.  He has, generally,  performed very well for us and at times carried the team in Europe.  On top of that he was a bargain, thanks go to JJ, and he will undoubtably multiply our outlay x15 or more.  Looking good so far.

I have never witnessed a player in Scotland be subjected to the abuse, victimisation and negative attention that AM has endured from the MSM up here.  I won’t credit them by naming them but we all know the main offenders.  A prime example appeared in today’s press.  The article is, in my opinion, pure fiction as the tosser that wrote it would be amongst the last people on earth to obtain access to inside information at Ibrox.  So basically another litany of lies and sensationalism intended to tarnish AM.  He, like his fellow tossers, don’t care that it is the antipathy of good journalism as it plays to the majority in this cesspit who hate our club.  They like to believe that they are relevant and controversy achieves that in their view, even if it’s complete fantasy.  Our very own ‘The Dude’ is a good example of a journo who likes to be controversial,  without that they disappear.  He does get some brownie points for his occasional pro-Rangers articles unlike the MSM.

What has saddened me is that a minority of our fans are now turning against AM.  He feels it’s time to move on, I agree.  I have never seen any reports of him sitting in his own pish eating chips, taking drugs, charged with assault, battering his missus or gambling away his wages.  I have seen  real evidence of him looking after the poor people in the country he was raised, you know, remembering where he came from and giving back.  Nobody outside Ibrox knows for sure what is going on with Alfie.  It is clear that he has had his head turned, not the first and won’t be the last and no reason for any Rangers fan to be adding to the abuse he has endured from the toxic Scottish press.  They will be pleased and feel ‘job done’.  I do wonder who will be their next victim in our team though?

I hope Alfie goes and has a great career, he has the ability.  He will go with my thanks for some great memories and hopefully that will be the same for the majority of our fans.  Hopefully the minority who are turning against him can see the whole picture.

Good Post.

This article by Cameron Willis highlights some of the bewildering bitterness Alfie has had, as the author calls out the cfc fan conspiracies that are beginning to run riot.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/Rangers-fans-astounded-at-trio-of-laughable-celtic-fan-ibrox-conspiracies/

I think Alfie is doing the right thing, for him, his wife and young daughter.  I wish him the best of luck in his career, Thank him for the memories and hope that he remembers Rangers with fondness and without the bitterness from Rangers rivals souring it.

Alfie came here when he was 21 and look at what he has been subjected to in the last 3 years. He is now 24, married with a child and looking to get his family out Scotland and I think it is because of all the abuse and crap that is stirred up around him; he thinks this will effect his wife and child. He is immature and has shown this on numerious occasions but he has also grown up a bit. He has not been on drug binges, drunk on the streets or other celtic like behaviours but he has been firey and petulant on the field of play at the wrong times, maybe part of the growing up process. Money can be a shield to the realities of life and keep immature traits from being knocked out of you and this may be a bit of the case with him. He has been exposed to a vile campaign against him since he set foot in Scotland and over the last 2 and a bit years; I don't think he wants his family to be subjected to this or effected by it.

Lille is a 1 football team town as far as I know, so less chance of vile mutants giving his family grief. French is closer to English and he may be more comfortable learning/speaking French. He will not have the same pressure to be winning every game at Lille. Rangers are a big club with unique pressures that few other clubs have and Alfie may have realised that these pressure is not what he wants for himself or his new family, better somewhere the pressue is less and the money is better.

I wish him well, I hope this deal is done shortly and he leaves on good terms with the fans. Rangers should should ask for 20 million and be prepared to get knocked down by a couple of million with a sell on clause. Wind this whole thing up and move on for both parties.

Poor wee Alfredo brigade are out in force, he left his last club without much of a care, he always stated he wanted to play in a more competitive league - now that Lille are interested he sees this as his chance.

Im pretty sure he couldn’t give a fuck about the Scottish football circus. He wants more money, and he wants a better league, and he wants to continue progress with his national side.

Kent seems to be someone who really wants to play at the club, if true, give him the credit he is due, not Alfredo. He seems to be engineering a way out which could see us lose money on the deal.

He has been a great servant to our club, and he’s been rewarded handsomely for it by us. Now he’s spoiling things a little, but I see him getting what he wants soon enough. 

57 minutes ago, Swally said:

Poor wee Alfredo brigade are out in force, he left his last club without much of a care, he always stated he wanted to play in a more competitive league - now that Lille are interested he sees this as his chance.

Im pretty sure he couldn’t give a fuck about the Scottish football circus. He wants more money, and he wants a better league, and he wants to continue progress with his national side.

Kent seems to be someone who really wants to play at the club, if true, give him the credit he is due, not Alfredo. He seems to be engineering a way out which could see us lose money on the deal.

He has been a great servant to our club, and he’s been rewarded handsomely for it by us. Now he’s spoiling things a little, but I see him getting what he wants soon enough. 

To make a comparison with Ryan Kent and Alfreo Morelos is way off the mark for reasons I don't have to explain, as for saying we'll lose money, that's a strange one, anything over 1 million is surely a gain, maths not your strongest point 

3 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

To make a comparison with Ryan Kent and Alfreo Morelos is way off the mark for reasons I don't have to explain, as for saying we'll lose money, that's a strange one, anything over 1 million is surely a gain, maths not your strongest point 

I guess maths and reality isn’t your strongest point. :lol:

Taking your ridiculous point as is, his last club will get a percentage of the sale, so no, not anything over 1m is a gain smart arse.

Alfredo like any player is an asset to the business and he has been given a value, and it’s not 1m anymore. 

He is the one reducing his value of around 20m and jeopardising his move away.

Just can’t let anyone else have a different opinion than yours regarding Morelos can you?

Just because you’ve got a wee bent rager for the player :lol:

2 hours ago, Swally said:

I guess maths and reality isn’t your strongest point. :lol:

Taking your ridiculous point as is, his last club will get a percentage of the sale, so no, not anything over 1m is a gain smart arse.

Alfredo like any player is an asset to the business and he has been given a value, and it’s not 1m anymore. 

He is the one reducing his value of around 20m and jeopardising his move away.

Just can’t let anyone else have a different opinion than yours regarding Morelos can you?

Just because you’ve got a wee bent rager for the player :lol:

ok wikipedia what percentage will his previous club receive 

26 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

ok wikipedia what percentage will his previous club receive 

It's usually between 10 and 25%

"And when the player signed for Rangers, HJK's commercial manager Sari Mikkonen-Mannila said: "This is the biggest transfer in the club's history.

"The transfer to Rangers includes bonuses for us if he hits certain targets and additional reimbursements for any future transfer.""

Personally I hope it's nearer the 10 

55 minutes ago, Swally said:

"And when the player signed for Rangers, HJK's commercial manager Sari Mikkonen-Mannila said: "This is the biggest transfer in the club's history.

"The transfer to Rangers includes bonuses for us if he hits certain targets and additional reimbursements for any future transfer.""

We will be asking for the same shit ref sell on fee, quite standard now  unless the player comes from Dundee Utd as the cunt will be useless and never sold on.

1 hour ago, Swally said:

So basically he’s fucking Helsinki and us the way he is going. 

29 minutes ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

Journaliste on twitter saying he has asked the club to accept Lilles offer of €20m. 

Have a feeling that happened before the weekend going with Gerrards comments after the game regarding Alfredo making it easy for him to leave him out. He's done good for us with his goals in Europe (off the top of my head, Osijek, Maribor, Rapid Vienna, the Danish team, Legia, Feyenoord and Porto) he wants to move on we are getting decent money for him to move on, reckon it would be more if he showed up from January onwards. We are probably going to get just over £15mil once Helsinki have got there cut if he didn't get stupid red cards(some are debatable) stupid yellows that have cost him to miss big games then we would be looking at the other end of £20mil imo. 

7 hours ago, ZZed said:

Alfie came here when he was 21 and look at what he has been subjected to in the last 3 years. He is now 24, married with a child and looking to get his family out Scotland and I think it is because of all the abuse and crap that is stirred up around him; he thinks this will effect his wife and child. He is immature and has shown this on numerious occasions but he has also grown up a bit. He has not been on drug binges, drunk on the streets or other celtic like behaviours but he has been firey and petulant on the field of play at the wrong times, maybe part of the growing up process. Money can be a shield to the realities of life and keep immature traits from being knocked out of you and this may be a bit of the case with him. He has been exposed to a vile campaign against him since he set foot in Scotland and over the last 2 and a bit years; I don't think he wants his family to be subjected to this or effected by it.

Lille is a 1 football team town as far as I know, so less chance of vile mutants giving his family grief. French is closer to English and he may be more comfortable learning/speaking French. He will not have the same pressure to be winning every game at Lille. Rangers are a big club with unique pressures that few other clubs have and Alfie may have realised that these pressure is not what he wants for himself or his new family, better somewhere the pressue is less and the money is better.

I wish him well, I hope this deal is done shortly and he leaves on good terms with the fans. Rangers should should ask for 20 million and be prepared to get knocked down by a couple of million with a sell on clause. Wind this whole thing up and move on for both parties.

I done the same with my family, not bringing my kid up in a shitehole, a republican shitehole at that, and I’m Scottish, can only imagine what he thinks of the place.

Archived