Nicholas, Le Tissier and Thompson Sacked from Soccer Saturday

Broxi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Be for some sort of mad, more diverse panel - I bet. 

Hopefully they take SKY Sports to court and take them for millions for positive discrimination - if that's what happens.

Think you’re probably right as far as having diverse replacements but not so sure how easy it would be for them to prove positive discrimination as they’ve all had a good run tbf, I’m old enough to remember George Best, Alan Mullery, Rodney Marsh and Frank McClintock being the regular pundits and their does come a time when it needs to be freshened up for the next generation as their will be Bears on here who probably wouldn’t know fuck all about Phil Thompson without doing some digging about and probably not even old enough to remember Nicholas or Le Tissier playing, That said fuck knows how Paul Merson appears to have survived ffs 😂

3 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Think you’re probably right as far as having diverse replacements but not so sure how easy it would be for them to prove positive discrimination as they’ve all had a good run tbf, I’m old enough to remember George Best, Alan Mullery, Rodney Marsh and Frank McClintock being the regular pundits and their does come a time when it needs to be freshened up for the next generation as their will be Bears on here who probably wouldn’t know fuck all about Phil Thompson without doing some digging about and probably not even old enough to remember Nicholas or Le Tissier playing, That said fuck knows how Paul Merson appears to have survived ffs 😂

It depends on their job descriptions and contracts. 

You can't just get rid of someone and say "you've had a good run" and if you've made them redundant then legally their jobs can't be filled again (for at least a year, I'm sure anyway?) so they couldn't legally just replace them with someone of a different skin colour or sex.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

It depends on their job descriptions and contracts. 

You can't just get rid of someone and say "you've had a good run" and if you've made them redundant then legally their jobs can't be filled again (for at least a year, I'm sure anyway?) so they couldn't legally just replace them with someone of a different skin colour or sex.

Take your points tbf but imagine they get replaced like for like ie 3 white male ex footballers, There would be cries of same old same old from various quarters given the current political climate we live in, As for their contracts, Who knows but perhaps all that has happened is they have not been renewed due to sky wanting to freshen things up and and take a more diverse direction in order to appeal not just to the mainstream but also to the minorities,  Purely speculation on my part of course but it certainly wouldn’t be the first time for the media to sensationalise a story and even if it isn’t on this occasion I’m sure sky will have factored in that they may well have to pay some sort of compensation package.

3 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Take your points tbf but imagine they get replaced like for like ie 3 white male ex footballers, There would be cries of same old same old from various quarters given the current political climate we live in, As for their contracts, Who knows but perhaps all that has happened is they have not been renewed due to sky wanting to freshen things up and and take a more diverse direction in order to appeal not just to the mainstream but also to the minorities,  Purely speculation on my part of course but it certainly wouldn’t be the first time for the media to sensationalise a story and even if it isn’t on this occasion I’m sure sky will have factored in that they may well have to pay some sort of compensation package.

They wouldn't change it in that case. Like-for-like for the sake of it. 

There's something more to this.

12 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

They wouldn't change it in that case. Like-for-like for the sake of it. 

There's something more to this.

You may well be right mate, I genuinely don’t know if there is or not ie, If they have pissed someone off but going back to the 4 pundits I remember from a good few years ago, Obviously George is no longer with us but I couldn’t imagine Soccer Saturday would have survived this long had they not changed the other 3, May well be harsh but on a show like that I just feel that everyone will have a shelf life so to speak as the younger audience amongst us won’t know who the fuck they are without googling it.

With a host and 4 pundits all being white males, if you think the hiring of a black man is positive discrimination then get a grip. The Premier League is 35% black according to a Sky Sports report,  it wouldn't be the beginning of forced inclusion, it would be ending forced exclusion. Statistically speaking a panel of 5 in a Premier League football discussion programme should have 2 - minimum 1 - black person on it, statistically. 

There is absolutely nothing to suggest these 3 (very bad pundits) have been fired so they can force in a whole diverse new team. If they hire 3  new pundits and 1 or 2 of them are black then great, it would mean the real positive discrimination of only hiring white pundits has ended. Which for what it's worth I'm not accusing them of, the sample size is too small to say that - but there's absolutely no reason why whoever they hire isn't black or asian or anything 

Archived