Nicholas, Le Tissier and Thompson Sacked from Soccer Saturday

Broxi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Anyone still watch Soccer Saturday? I get watching it a decade or so ago when the internet wasn't what it is now but surely this program is only on in pubs?

Kinda like tradition at this point to stick a coupon on, crack open a beer and watch Soccer Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

No gonna lie but had to google Andy Scott to find out who he is, For those also wondering he is a former lower leagues player with Brentford, Leyton Orient and Oxford Utd, Now head of recruitment at Swansea City.

Alex Scott is the pundit mate, played for Arsenal women 😂

3 hours ago, wully said:

Sol Campbell would be awful.

Annoys the fuck out of me that big wank....he has been moaning like fuck about black managers not getting opportunities etc etc....not giving up on his dream of managing at the highest level......"hello sol....sky sports here....what do you fancy doing on a Saturday....touchline trying to achieve your goal in life or a cosy sky studio being a shit pundit " big sol "when do I start"

4 hours ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

No gonna lie but had to google Andy Scott to find out who he is, For those also wondering he is a former lower leagues player with Brentford, Leyton Orient and Oxford Utd, Now head of recruitment at Swansea City.

Or the guitarist for The Sweet.

38 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Annoys the fuck out of me that big wank....he has been moaning like fuck about black managers not getting opportunities etc etc....not giving up on his dream of managing at the highest level......"hello sol....sky sports here....what do you fancy doing on a Saturday....touchline trying to achieve your goal in life or a cosy sky studio being a shit pundit " big sol "when do I start"

He actually told Macclesfield fans they were getting the experience of one of the best defenders in the world of the last 30 years. then preceded to **** it up. Eight wins from 30, barely stayed up, let alone saw a revival.

See tbh this annoyed me with skys promoting of the BLM campaign....in all the years of soccer Saturday the main panel never in my recollection featured an ex black player...their have always been the odd cameo roles for certain players but in general the flag ship program never featured a full time black pundit....to change it this season and go with 3 black pundits doesn't exactly show them in a good light at all....they clearly didn't buy that much into BLM for all the previous years

8 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

Replacement in the studio today........Black, female, lezzer with the most stupidest whitest teeth you'd ever see. All the PC boxes ticked appropriately, fucking horrific. 

It’s not a replacement though, they all do Soccer Saturday, none of them will do a community shield when they’ll be in themselves.

On 26/08/2020 at 18:26, Broxi said:

With a host and 4 pundits all being white males, if you think the hiring of a black man is positive discrimination then get a grip. The Premier League is 35% black according to a Sky Sports report,  it wouldn't be the beginning of forced inclusion, it would be ending forced exclusion. Statistically speaking a panel of 5 in a Premier League football discussion programme should have 2 - minimum 1 - black person on it, statistically. 

There is absolutely nothing to suggest these 3 (very bad pundits) have been fired so they can force in a whole diverse new team. If they hire 3  new pundits and 1 or 2 of them are black then great, it would mean the real positive discrimination of only hiring white pundits has ended. Which for what it's worth I'm not accusing them of, the sample size is too small to say that - but there's absolutely no reason why whoever they hire isn't black or asian or anything 

Equality of opportunity exists and is good. Equality of outcome is a different think altogether. 

Archived