Rangers Pub Near Loch Lomond

giffnockger

32 minutes ago, giffnockger said:

Thanks mate, which would you reccomend?

Personally, I'd prefer the Bowling Club, but it's a members club, so you might get asked who you are and what school did you go to :lol:  Masonic you might need  signed in for.   Stags is literally underneath Dumbarton East Station.

12 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Hope so :lol:

Was my local for years, and used to to get the bus from there.

It was never really a Rangers bar per se anyway I guess, but I think its definitely now just a normal pub. You could never wear colours in it I'm pretty sure? If was the OP I'd be taking the trip to Helensburgh and off to the Royal.

I can't remember the last time I was in the Stags tbf. Last time I was in Dumbarton (last season after a game) I was in the CJL. 

39 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It was never really a Rangers bar per se anyway I guess, but I think its definitely now just a normal pub. You could never wear colours in it I'm pretty sure? If was the OP I'd be taking the trip to Helensburgh and off to the Royal.

I can't remember the last time I was in the Stags tbf. Last time I was in Dumbarton (last season after a game) I was in the CJL. 

The Royal is shut mate. It hasn't reopened from the lockdown and is up for let.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Tbf, I'm going back to the 90's! lol

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Not entirely sure if the Royal is open yet but I’ll find out today. It’s changed hands over lockdown. 

Edit - opens next weekend, will need to suss it out though. 

Luckily enough a foreign guy took it over, was so close to being a tarrier boozer.  

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Don't know if that is still a 'Rangers friendly' bar?

@British_Empire will know.

It's still the same clientele that's in it, but had a few different owners past 10-years or so. 

I've seen guys in there with Union jack clobber, the odd Rangers polo shirt and I was in last week when it was sunny with a loyalist tattoo on my leg and was OK. A bus still picks up/drops off on match day but in all honesty it's never been an actual Rangers pub in the sense of sash bashes, guys in wearing colours, singing etc. 

The bowling clubs or the Masonic is your best bet. The Rock down at the castle is my preference. 

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Don't know if that is still a 'Rangers friendly' bar?

@British_Empire will know.

Is still Rangers friendly. But they're a bit strict with numbers just now with covid. Be hard to just walk in on a Saturday at half 5 with the game on and still get a table that can get a good view of a tele. @giffnockger

6 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Stags Head ? Used to watch a few World Cup games back in 1982 as we were working on the SSEB building just down the road across from the shop . Must have been crap cos it's been knocked down now :lol: 

8 hours ago, giffnockger said:

Anyone know best place to watch Hamilton game Saturday night near Loch Lomond?

Not seen you post for a while, hope all is good 👍 

Doesn't answer your question, but loved the Balloch house hotel, Saturday afternoon  theyd have some good folk with guitars, fiddles and stuff, a good wee afternoon, probably done away with now due to Covid, take care mate, enjoy the game wherever 🇬🇧

5 hours ago, YouStayClassySanGovano said:

The Vale Bowling club is 2 mins from Balloch and will welcome you with open arms

Members only due to Cover and have a club competition on tomorrow so no chance I'd say.

12 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Duck Bay

No TVs, great food if you're looking for a bite to eat before or after

Archived