Crowd Test event

Bill8972

28 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Spurs are looking at half capacity in October. 

Cambridge are getting in 2,500 in an 8,000 seater stadium. 

Motherwell and us would’ve been the perfect scenario to hold a test event this weekend. Motherwell holds 13,000, could easily be looking at 5,000 at least. 

Instead it’s held at Aberdeen, a 20,000 seater stadium with 300 people in it lol

England are now limiting social gathering to 6, both indoors and outdoors. Id be amazed if Spurs get anything near half capacity next month.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

For a start the only way we'll ever get to 50K is by demonstrating to the government we can safely manage much lesser numbers.

how do you demonstrate you can manage 50k? What’s the metric determining success or failure? It’s utter Pointless bullshit. 

16 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

how do you demonstrate you can manage 50k? What’s the metric determining success or failure? It’s utter Pointless bullshit. 

I don't envisage we can get 50k in until the need/instruction to social distance is removed. 

So what we'd be doing until then is demonstrating whatever measures the government need met are met to safely bring folk into the stadium, in ever increasing numbers.

To think we'll get fans in without meeting their requirements is nonsense. Much of the whole covid stuff is bollocks, but theres no way stadia are getting thousands and thousands in any time soon.

28 minutes ago, Bill8972 said:

Fans to return to Spanish stadiums once vaccine available next year, La Liga boss says.  I think this will probably need to happen here before they allow 50,000 of us back in .

you can't force people to take the vaccine so whats the point in waiting? you also cant ban them access for not having taken the vaccine or failing to disclose this.

14 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

you can't force people to take the vaccine so whats the point in waiting? you also cant ban them access for not having taken the vaccine or failing to disclose this.

Enough people will have taken the vaccine to reduce the risk of spreading ,even if its only 50pc 

17 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Agreed

I'm not really talking about Covid here, but I think your post sums up the mentality of people. It's quite a sad state of affairs imo

Throughout the years people have wondered what would kill the human race, a meteor a new iceage, some kind of disease or whatever. 

I think stupidity will be the one that ends it.

4 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Enough people will have taken the vaccine to reduce the risk of spreading ,even if its only 50pc 

as i said before, you could open the stadium and it's up to people if they want to attend and risk infection. don't want to risk it - dont go.

why do people all of a sudden need told what to do and when, its fucking shambolic. 

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

as i said before, you could open the stadium and it's up to people if they want to attend and risk infection. don't want to risk it - dont go.

why do people all of a sudden need told what to do and when, its fucking shambolic. 

Youv obviously got common sense ,that sadly is missing from far too many in today’s society .

Blame culture and HandS have a lot to do with that ,

You will have folk out there burning themselves and injuring themselves on things somebody with even average common sense wouldn’t even try ,But there are many people who will still hurt themselves because “I was never told not to do that” 😩

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Youv obviously got common sense ,that sadly is missing from far too many in today’s society .

You will have folk out there burning themselves and injuring themselves on things somebody with even average common sense wouldn’t even try ,But there are many people who will still hurt themselves because “I was never told not to do that” 😩

people will eventually look back and see that this has been blown out of proportion. yes a lot of people are getting it but it's not a killer like cancer, hiv, tb etc.

all this talk about further lockdowns, can you imagine if they lock down the country at xmas and new year? get out and fucking live. 

18 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

"But his most ridiculous experience came on a Christmas day when a woman rang up A&E asking how long she should cook her turkey.

Mr Randall said: "The nurse who took the call said it was hardly an accident and emergency problem, to which the woman replied: 'If we don't cook it properly, we're going to get food poisoning and we'll have to come in - then it'll be your problem'.

"We told her to give it 20 minutes per pound plus twenty minutes on top and she seemed satisfied.""

Just reminded me of a story :lol:

13 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

people will eventually look back and see that this has been blown out of proportion. yes a lot of people are getting it but it's not a killer like cancer, hiv, tb etc.

all this talk about further lockdowns, can you imagine if they lock down the country at xmas and new year? get out and fucking live. 

Can’t see another lockdown like we had late March ,individual areas will have their own restrictions like those already happening .

As for blown out of proportion that’s for each persons opinion ,Now we are past the first peak and things a lot more stable of course it looks like an over reaction to go in full lockdown like we did ,but at the time so much less was known about the virus than we know now .

As for cancer etc ,over the next few years we will see if there is a spike in deaths caused by lockdown .i suppose then that will be the time to judge it better 

22 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

More have died of Covid this year than AIDS related diseases.

13 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Can’t see another lockdown like we had late March ,individual areas will have their own restrictions like those already happening .

As for blown out of proportion that’s for each persons opinion ,Now we are past the first peak and things a lot more stable of course it looks like an over reaction to go in full lockdown like we did ,but at the time so much less was known about the virus than we know now .

As for cancer etc ,over the next few years we will see if there is a spike in deaths caused by lockdown .i suppose then that will be the time to judge it better 

I can, due to seasonal flu and the NHS still under resourced according to the BMA President yesterday.

As for cancer, many have already died and will, with millions of appointments to catch up on. The we have seasonal flu upon us plus Covid, I can see them suffer further as the resources are just not there.

Covid is not the problem, but underfunding and mismanagement of resources. We are being fed bullshit by government.

A national scandal.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

More have died of Covid this year than AIDS related diseases.

Those with underlying health issues. It’s not as dangerous as aids yet I don’t see governments trying to ban shagging without protection to eradicate aids. 

We could go round and round in circles re how covid has been handled.

It really doesn't matter. What does is that the scottish government are in charge and if we want fans back in then we ask how high when they tell us to jump.

If they deem trials of 300 fans are needed then thats how it'll be. We need every club, every ground, and yes every fan not to fuck this up for us. Even then I'd say given the wider picture its against the odds most of us will see a game this year.

Then once you leave sit shoulder to shoulder in a pub and drink 15 pints of lager 😂, don’t get me wrong I’m glad pubs are open but it’s fucking ridiculous the dos and don’ts in different situations amongst society, baffling 

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Government tell us to do all sorts of things. Like wear seatbelts.  They cud say u can’t attend a football match without vaccination proof. 

We aren’t going to have 50 k this season. 

Not interested in going if we have to wear a facemask the whole time tbh

Not because I'm against masks (that would be a fucking dumb position) but I hate them and really can't sit for that long with a mask on. 

Seems stupid you don't have to wear a mask inside an office or pub or whatever but in a vast, outdoor space where you are socially distanced much further than 2m from another person you do. Moronic

27 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

We could be put back into lockdown at anytime, folk who say it won't happen are in for a shock, the way the infection covid figures are going.

Imo if the numbers keep going up like they are then we won't have football never mind fans getting in.

Lockdown as was won't happen again.. The country would never recover from that causing more death and misery than covid ever could and now because we know so much more on how to handle it …

Archived