Brandon Barker

bashmc1

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Sadly, it appears Alfie is now in the Gerrard disliked category.

I think he's sending a message to Morelos, perform well in training and have a good attitude or you won't get to play.

When we heard Alf was in the squad and before we knew if he'd start or not I said I would hope this exact thing would happen. I said I hope he's not starting, and I hope he's left on the bench in the hope that might start a wee fire in his belly.

Looks like Gerrard was thinking along the same lines. :lol:

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Trying his best doesn't mean he is good enough.

Being a fantastic trainer doesn't mean he is good enough.

Having a work ethic doesn't mean he is good enough.

Zero room for sentiment in our squad now. Either deliver the goods on the pitch when called upon or get rid. 

He's fast too 🙄

46 minutes ago, Swally said:

I think he's sending a message to Morelos, perform well in training and have a good attitude or you won't get to play.

When we heard Alf was in the squad and before we knew if he'd start or not I said I would hope this exact thing would happen. I said I hope he's not starting, and I hope he's left on the bench in the hope that might start a wee fire in his belly.

This is where Gerrard has got it totally wrong ,whether we think it’s right or wrong , the majority us fine know you do that to the buff on Saturday he’ll try less , it’s just the way he is ,

I could be wrong but I don’t see him being the kind of lad to react positively to be left on the bench when his replacement was having a howler, 60 65 mins bring him on for roofe,  maybe get himself a goal then at least there’s a chance he might kick on ,

Gerrard handled it totally wrong on Saturday in my opinion, if roofe was having a great game fair enough but to bring him off 85th and bring on another lad Gerrard can’t stick , certainly ain’t going to start getting the best out the buff again 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

This is where Gerrard has got it totally wrong ,whether we think it’s right or wrong , the majority us fine know you do that to the buff on Saturday he’ll try less , it’s just the way he is , I could be wrong but I don’t see him being the kind of lad to react positively to be left on the bench when his replacement was having a howler, 60 65 mins bring him on for roofe,  maybe get himself a goal then at least there’s a chance he might kick on , Gerrard handled it totally wrong on Saturday in my opinion, if roofe was having a great game fair enough but to bring him off 85th and bring on another lad Gerrard can’t stick , certainly ain’t going to start getting the best out the buff again 

Disagree, and I'm willing to bet Gerrard and his team know Alfredo better than you or I.

3 minutes ago, Swally said:

Disagree, and I'm willing to bet Gerrard and his team know Alfredo better than you or I.

Gerrards man management has previous mate , 48k saw Goldson cost a goal against celtic at ibrox Gerrard saw Katic not stepping up who couldn’t possible known Goldson was gonny play a ridiculous pass 

1 hour ago, Swally said:

That's worrying :lol:

29 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Gerrards man management has previous mate , 48k saw Goldson cost a goal against celtic at ibrox Gerrard saw Katic not stepping up who couldn’t possible known Goldson was gonny play a ridiculous pass 

Katic was a bombscare that game, and was lucky it never cost us.  Goldson made far fewer mistakes and spent plenty of time and effort covering Katic....and I'm one of those that thinks Katic has a big future if he can tober his inconsistency and improve his positional sense.

1 hour ago, Teamgers said:

Outwith the Barker debate, I thought SG was totally wrong to leave Morelos on the bench, he should have subbed Barker at halftime and put Morelos on to partner Roofe, ffs we need more goals and they wont come from our best striker sitting on the bench.

I thought Defoe was still injured. 

He's certainly not been our worse player so far this Season.

I also think he deserved to keep his place in the side after his performance against Kilmarnock. 

In the same way he doesn't deserve to keep it after his performance on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Cedrick said:

This is where Gerrard has got it totally wrong ,whether we think it’s right or wrong , the majority us fine know you do that to the buff on Saturday he’ll try less , it’s just the way he is ,

I could be wrong but I don’t see him being the kind of lad to react positively to be left on the bench when his replacement was having a howler, 60 65 mins bring him on for roofe,  maybe get himself a goal then at least there’s a chance he might kick on ,

Gerrard handled it totally wrong on Saturday in my opinion, if roofe was having a great game fair enough but to bring him off 85th and bring on another lad Gerrard can’t stick , certainly ain’t going to start getting the best out the buff again 

For me it's the type of approach you take with a player that isn't putting the effort in for some reason but also doesn't have exit opportunities. 

Morelos knows there are teams interested in him and there's a feeling its just a matter of time before an acceptable bid lands. Leaving him out and leaving him on the bench isn't going to spark any positive reaction when his bags are already packed waiting. 

All its going to do is end his Rangers career with a bitter taste. 

15 minutes ago, Spectre said:

For me it's the type of approach you take with a player that isn't putting the effort in for some reason but also doesn't have exit opportunities. 

Morelos knows there are teams interested in him and there's a feeling its just a matter of time before an acceptable bid lands. Leaving him out and leaving him on the bench isn't going to spark any positive reaction when his bags are already packed waiting. 

All its going to do is end his Rangers career with a bitter taste. 

aye and Gerrard's handling of the whole situation has been disgraceful, there's a difference between showing a player who's boss and humiliating a player and that's what Gerrard set out to do at the weekend - humiliate Morelos  

13 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

aye and Gerrard's handling of the whole situation has been disgraceful, there's a difference between showing a player who's boss and humiliating a player and that's what Gerrard set out to do at the weekend - humiliate Morelos  

What’s disgraceful about it? I don’t think that’s what Gerrard set out to do at all. 

1 hour ago, GabrielTomato said:

He's certainly not been our worse player so far this Season.

I also think he deserved to keep his place in the side after his performance against Kilmarnock. 

In the same way he doesn't deserve to keep it after his performance on Saturday. 

Who has been our worst player so far this season if not him? 

I don’t think anyone has to be labelled the worst player. It’s so negative on here quite often.

We have had a good start to the season.  With bigger tests around the corner I’d rather keep a positive mindset. The next 5 games are massive, with 3 of them tough away games. 

9 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

I don’t think anyone has to be labelled the worst player. It’s so negative on here quite often.

We have had a good start to the season.  With bigger tests around the corner I’d rather keep a positive mindset. The next 5 games are massive, with 3 of them tough away games. 

I agree

However, I'd also say Barker's only chance of being a decent footballer is if he takes Estrogen, turns his barnet into a pony tail (almost became one during a football match anyway) and joins the woman's game.

Archived