Brandon Barker

bashmc1

1 minute ago, Swally said:

I agree

However, I'd also say Barker's only chance of being a decent footballer is if he takes Estrogen, turns his barnet into a pony tail (almost became one during a football match anyway) and joins the woman's game.

Haha that’s harsh 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

I don’t think anyone has to be labelled the worst player. It’s so negative on here quite often.

We have had a good start to the season.  With bigger tests around the corner I’d rather keep a positive mindset. The next 5 games are massive, with 3 of them tough away games. 

what has that got to do with individual performances?

We give credit for good performances. Criticise for under par ones.  Getting the poorer performers up to the level of those doing well is surely in our best interest? And if they can't, then surely replacing them and giving someone else the opportunity to excel makes sense?

We'd all be far more positive if all players were getting pass marks, no?

57 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Hagi for me.

But I don't think our CMs, Aribo apart have been great. 

Hagi has underperformed yes but still contributed more than Barker has.

Our CMs haven't been great at all but clearly been told that's the job they want them to do up until last weekend.

Barker still for me is by far the worst player to play for us this season.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We give credit for good performances. Criticise for under par ones.  Getting the poorer performers up to the level of those doing well is surely in our best interest? And if they can't, then surely reolacing them and giving someone else the opportunity to excel makes sense?

Totally agree. That's all we want with a win. Players delivering a 7/10 or more every match. If they ain't then drop them for someone who can.

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We give credit for good performances. Criticise for under par ones.  Getting the poorer performers up to the level of those doing well is surely in our best interest? And if they can't, then surely replacing them and giving someone else the opportunity to excel makes sense?

Do you understand football?  Players performances change from game to game. Players will play well one week, then maybe not so well the next.

If players performances fall short of the standards set by the manager, that player will be replaced. From what I’ve seen the form of the players so far have not warranted the criticism they are getting on here. 

How many players have had pass marks in your opinion from the Hamilton game?

20 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Totally agree. That's all we want with a win. Players delivering a 7/10 or more every match. If they ain't then drop them for someone who can.

You’re dreaming. It’s not going to happen every match. If that’s your expectation then you’re going to be disappointed more often than not.

28 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Hagi has underperformed yes but still contributed more than Barker has.

Our CMs haven't been great at all but clearly been told that's the job they want them to do up until last weekend.

Barker still for me is by far the worst player to play for us this season.

Hagi has been god awful bar a tap in. 

But that's your opinion. :tu:

31 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

Do you understand football?  Players performances change from game to game. Players will play well one week, then maybe not so well the next.

If players performances fall short of the standards set by the manager, that player will be replaced. From what I’ve seen the form of the players so far have not warranted the criticism they are getting on here. 

How many players have had pass marks in your opinion from the Hamilton game?

Seems like you're justifying underperforming players tbh.  You say you want to see more of Barker before you make judgement - how about he makes that judgement for you based on pass mark performances rather than looking for excuses for him.

From the weekend, Barker Hagi and Roofe struggled. Roofe I get as hes still fighting for match sharpness. Hagi did little to say he shouldn't still be on the bench, Barker was quite simply pish, largely technically so. 

If other players return to fitness, then based on what Barker has offered he deserves to be dropped.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Seems like you're justifying underperforming players tbh.  You say you want to see more of Barker before you make judgement - how about he makes that judgement for you based on pass mark performances rather than looking for excuses for him.

From the weekend, Barker Hagi and Roofe struggled. Roofe I get as hes still fighting for match sharpness. Hagi did little to say he shouldn't still be on the bench, Barker was quite simply pish, largely technically so. 

If other players return to fitness, then based on what Barker has offered he deserves to be dropped.

I’m not justifying anything. All I’ve said is he wasn’t as bad as folk make out on Saturday and I’d prefer to make a fairer overall judgment on him when he has played more games. 

So if the squad is the same for the Dundee United game. Do you drop Barker, Hagi and Roofe? If so, who do you bring into the team to replace them? 

3 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

I’m not justifying anything. All I’ve said is he wasn’t as bad as folk make out on Saturday and I’d prefer to make a fairer overall judgment on him when he has played more games. 

So if the squad is the same for the Dundee United game. Do you drop Barker, Hagi and Roofe? If so, who do you bring into the team to replace them? 

You're wanting an under performing player to get more game time ffs. 

If Itten Or Aribo are fit then Barker needs dropped. If Defoe is fit I'd look to to how we  ould  drop Barker.

If Morelos has screwed the nut play him, move Roife, drop Barker. 

If none of the above can happen, replace Barker with Stewart. Cos Barker is fucking rank.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You're wanting an under performing player to get more game time ffs. 

If Itten Or Aribo are fit then Barker needs dropped. If Defoe is fit I'd look to to how we  ould  drop Barker.

If Morelos has screwed the nut play him, move Roife, drop Barker. 

If none of the above can happen, replace Barker with Stewart. Cos Barker is fucking rank.

Under performing player is your opinion. 

My opinion is a player is doing ok and might progress if given more games. 

2 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

Under performing player is your opinion. 

My opinion is a player is doing ok and might progress if given more games. 

I'll agree on that.

I'm happy to review at the end of the season whether Barker has contributed. 

12 hours ago, Swally said:

I agree

However, I'd also say Barker's only chance of being a decent footballer is if he takes Estrogen, turns his barnet into a pony tail (almost became one during a football match anyway) and joins the woman's game.

Not sure he'd cut it in the womens game. 

He was playing on a tiny plastic pitch at the weekend. He looked a lot better at Ibrox. He could have had a couple of goals with composure. Fact is with him in the side the team looks better balanced than last season where everything was coming through Borna.

8 minutes ago, The Blues said:

He was playing on a tiny plastic pitch at the weekend. He looked a lot better at Ibrox. He could have had a couple of goals with composure. Fact is with him in the side the team looks better balanced than last season where everything was coming through Borna.

Im probably one of the few on here who agree with you.

Folk giving him a roasting because he’s not matching up to Kent and Hagi.... he’s a free and they cost £11m between them.

We are a lot more mobile across the front 3rd with Barker on the team and look a lot more balanced.

He might not be as gifted as we would like but it was obvious to a blind man that in the first half v Hamilton both Kent and Barker’s movement caused all sorts of problems.

Its not necessarily what you do with the ball during a game. You could be an absolute donkey but the opposition still have to account for you when defending, especially if you are a fast donkey!

Now if only we could blend Hagi’s skill with Barker’s speed as I could beat Hagi in a sprint and I’m pushing 50.....he’s so fucking slow!

2 hours ago, beararse said:

Im probably one of the few on here who agree with you.

Folk giving him a roasting because he’s not matching up to Kent and Hagi.... he’s a free and they cost £11m between them.

We are a lot more mobile across the front 3rd with Barker on the team and look a lot more balanced.

He might not be as gifted as we would like but it was obvious to a blind man that in the first half v Hamilton both Kent and Barker’s movement caused all sorts of problems.

Its not necessarily what you do with the ball during a game. You could be an absolute donkey but the opposition still have to account for you when defending, especially if you are a fast donkey!

Now if only we could blend Hagi’s skill with Barker’s speed as I could beat Hagi in a sprint and I’m pushing 50.....he’s so fucking slow!

Can’t speak for anyone else but I’m not comparing him to other players, I’m judging him on his own performance. He is undoubtedly very mobile but the end product is woeful.

And I can’t help feel that Hagi’s performances have fallen away as Barker has had a run of games. There is only so much space in packed midfields to find a little pocket to work in and we currently have Kent, Hagi and Barker all bidding for the same gaps. Quite honestly, he’s getting in the way in a way that Aribo doesn’t.

Personally I’d rather have Jones hugging a touchline or would have willingly kept Murphy and sent Barker to Hibs.

We just cannot afford passengers this season, it’s that simple.

Archived