Brandon Barker

bashmc1

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Can’t speak for anyone else but I’m not comparing him to other players, I’m judging him on his own performance. He is undoubtedly very mobile but the end product is woeful.

And I can’t help feel that Hagi’s performances have fallen away as Barker has had a run of games. There is only so much space in packed midfields to find a little pocket to work in and we currently have Kent, Hagi and Barker all bidding for the same gaps. Quite honestly, he’s getting in the way in a way that Aribo doesn’t.

Personally I’d rather have Jones hugging a touchline or would have willingly kept Murphy and sent Barker to Hibs.

We just cannot afford passengers this season, it’s that simple.

Good post mate except for the Jones part. Another MOH. 

3 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Can’t speak for anyone else but I’m not comparing him to other players, I’m judging him on his own performance. He is undoubtedly very mobile but the end product is woeful.

And I can’t help feel that Hagi’s performances have fallen away as Barker has had a run of games. There is only so much space in packed midfields to find a little pocket to work in and we currently have Kent, Hagi and Barker all bidding for the same gaps. Quite honestly, he’s getting in the way in a way that Aribo doesn’t.

Personally I’d rather have Jones hugging a touchline or would have willingly kept Murphy and sent Barker to Hibs.

We just cannot afford passengers this season, it’s that simple.

Barker wasn't in the team when hagi was garbage against Aberdeen, St mirren, St Johnstone and Livingston. It's only the last 2 games that barker has started of which 1 of them hagi was on the bench. I thought hagi played a bit better on Saturday but he's way off at the moment and I'd worry about him in an old firm game as he looks shit scared of any physical challenges. 

On 31/08/2020 at 14:07, BlueThunder said:

The guy is trying his best for us. I don’t get the hate towards him on here. He is frustrating but the levels of rancour are perplexing.

Nobody mentioned hate - the fact is he's just pish.

I could try my best too - but I'm really fucking pish.

Have you watched a Rangers game this season? Do you think he is worthy of a start?

5 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Nobody mentioned hate - the fact is he's just pish.

I could try my best too - but I'm really fucking pish.

Have you watched a Rangers game this season? Do you think he is worthy of a start?

No, I haven’t watched a single fucking Rangers game this season. You caught me.

7 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Barker wasn't in the team when hagi was garbage against Aberdeen, St mirren, St Johnstone and Livingston. It's only the last 2 games that barker has started of which 1 of them hagi was on the bench. I thought hagi played a bit better on Saturday but he's way off at the moment and I'd worry about him in an old firm game as he looks shit scared of any physical challenges. 

Started two, both wins. I  think hr played well against Killie and okay against Hamilton. Both were against teams that tend to sit in and defend against us. I'd reserve total judgment until we see him against opposition that set out to attack a bit more as he would find more room to get in behind defenses with time to see what he can really do. His link up play was good  against Hamilton without being brilliant.. Deserves a bit more time to shine or not. Two starts with two wins so far. 

13 hours ago, bashmc1 said:

Barker isn't Rangers class. We need a right sided player we have never replaced candias imo. Right winger and a box to box midfielder. Give us lundstrom

Candieas was a winger and couldn't do the basics a winger should be able to do which are beat a man and put in a good delivery. He was rotten at times. 

Archived