Brandon Barker

bashmc1

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's mince no two-ways about it but I'm at the point where there's no point keeping on saying it (unless it's to make a fresh point in regards something else).

We got rid of a guy with more ability & who's more direct in Murphy to those Edinburgh fenians this afternoon and we've got another similar to Murphy in Jones, on the benches that's nowhere near the pitch so this is 100% on Gerrard. Don't know what else can be said. 

Sure, you could argue all 3 are not good enough for Rangers if you want, but 2 of them are considerably better than Barker - which makes it strange.

He's just really poor.

Every other position you can see why the player gets opportunities. Last week he was OK but today reverted to worse than normal. I challenge anyone to watch that today and define his strengths. 

I actually would go as far as to criticise Gerrard for not taking him off by the hour mark. He offered nothing til then, nothing after it. The same way Morelos is punished for actions, a poorly performing player needs hauled off and dropped, like Hagi also was previously.

I keep hearing hes excellent in training. I know guys that are sensational in 5s, they're not pro footballers either cos ultimately its ability in real matches that count.

I'd love to see him moved on, doubt there's a foolish enough club to bail us out.

5 minutes ago, Teamgers said:

You havin a fuckin laugh? Hagi didn't play well, but scored, Barker is fuckin rank, end of!

Hagi cost a few million and would expect better from him. Gave the ball away a fair bit today.

30 minutes ago, SPWF said:

He is garbage. That chance in the first half;  He was clean through, to either take a touch an shoot, or cross, and he did neither. He just ran a bit further then let the defender shoulder him off the ball. Genuinely one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever seen a Rangers player do. 

Trust me I've seen a lot worse.....fucking waghorn running the ball out against the papes.....van vossen open goal against the papes....Ally Maxwell dropping the ball at the feet of Brian O'Neill against the papes....I guess I don't like mistakes against the papes

1 minute ago, murzo said:

Hagi cost a few million and would expect better from him. Gave the ball away a fair bit today.

He'll come good imo, same as big Aribo, the boy is definitely talented, just needs some time.

4 minutes ago, Teamgers said:

He'll come good imo, same as big Aribo, the boy is definitely talented, just needs some time.

I’m not denying that. I’m also not denying Barker isn’t great but he’s not given time. Barisic got branded a dud, people wanted Morelos punted for a few million a year or two back. Know it’s just wishful thinking but he might get better in time.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not at Rangers he won't mate.

Another Ojo.

Not a chance he turns into the next Ojo. Far too talented for that. People need to remember he is only 21. Remember Kent at 21 or Aribo - hot and cold last year?

There is a big future ahead for Hagi at Rangers. A little patience is needed.

3 minutes ago, murzo said:

I’m not denying that. I’m also not denying Barker isn’t great but he’s not given time. Barisic got branded a dud, people wanted Morelos punted for a few million a year or two back. Know it’s just wishful thinking but he might get better in time.

It takes some players time to settle, granted. 

Barker has been here a year and is still like a fish out of water. He's being given opportunitues and not really grabbing them. There's better atvgge vlub never mind out there who could eadily do what he can / has.

Had a decent enough game last week, then proceeded to undo it all at the earliest opportunity.

A couple of decent crosses apart.

Not the sort of player that wins you titles.

(Go on BB - prove me wrong!!)

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Don’t think he’s that bad tbh. He’s no been our worst player the past two games. Says a lot about the rest of the team, more than it does about Barker tbh

Should have been 1st sub off not long after half time today. Who was worse?

Gerrard is stubborn as fuck and will play Barker so unless some team comes in and bids for him he's here part of the squad for the foreseeable. 

But surely there is better youths at the club like Kennedy who would do just as good or most likely even better. 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Two good feet, can cross, pace to burn, intelligent movement...

:lol: 

Pace to burn does not equate to talent. Two good feet is laughable. Occasionally swings in a good cross. Makes the odd good run which means fuck all when you canny do anything with the ball.

Archived