Brandon Barker

bashmc1

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So he hit the side net when he was brilliantly set up by Jack and should have scored,  and he got fouled. 

Is that it? 😁

His runs off the ball were clever and created so much space for Kent in particular.

It was a 6/10 from him. Nowhere near as bad as the dozens in this thread are making out but at the same time nowhere near good enough to be in the starting 11 if that's his level week in week out.

He's at a point now where people hate him so much as a player he needs to be an 8/10 for cunts at best to say he did ok.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

His runs off the ball were clever and created so much space for Kent in particular.

It was a 6/10 from him. Nowhere near as bad as the dozens in this thread are making out but at the same time nowhere near good enough to be in the starting 11 if that's his level week in week out.

He's at a point now where people hate him so much as a player he needs to be an 8/10 for cunts at best to say he did ok.

He did OK, or even good last week. He did little of impact yesterday and that's not good enough from any of our front 4.

I think you're being generous crediting his off the ball play as clever, but its still not near enough.

He's simply a poor footballer for us who would likely do far better in a team that plays a different style. I honestly think he's one of those guys who does great in 5s or training but not on a pitch 😁. We all know the sort.

2 hours ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

I feel like it might click for him at some point; maybe I'm wrong though. He reeks of Aribo in the early stages at the moment - heavy touches, wrong passes, shots into row z... however with a few decent goals, and games in Europe, his confidence kicked in and he kicked on...

We'll see.  

What might click for him mate? The ability to be able to play football at a decent standard?

51 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So he hit the side net when he was brilliantly set up by Jack and should have scored,  and he got fouled. 

Is that it? 😁

This, added to what I’ve said earlier still stands. Just because you’ve rubbished it, doesn’t mean it’s incorrect.  

1 minute ago, Blues Brother said:

This, added to what I’ve said earlier still stands. Just because you’ve rubbished it, doesn’t mean it’s incorrect.  

All I did was asked you about his contribution.

Given how much you're struggling it suggests it's not about me rubbishing it, its about how little there was. And there was little even accounting for him being "so crudely fouled after using his exceptional pace" 😄

He is 23, this is the season he needs to step up with improvement on passing, taking on his man and decision making. He appears to make percentage passes, usually 50/50%, his decision making and taking on his man appear linked in that he often passes when he should take on his man and vice versa. He does run around in to space dragging defenders with him a lot and he appears to have a powerful shot on him  but needs to work on his accuracy.  All of these areas need improvement in my view. He reads when to move in to space and is fast but the rest of the areas needs work. This may be his level or he may improve. If he improves we will have a good player on our hands but if he has hit his plateau then he is not good enough for Rangers, time will tell.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

All I did was asked you about his contribution.

Given how much you're struggling it suggests it's not about me rubbishing it, its about how little there was. And there was little even accounting for him being "so crudely fouled after using his exceptional pace" 😄

I gave you my thoughts on his contribution quite clearly. My conclusion to his display was neither good nor bad. Somewhere in the middle of that. Certainly not a display deserving of all the flak on here. IMO of course.

As for me ‘struggling’ not at all. 

21 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

I gave you my thoughts on his contribution quite clearly. My conclusion to his display was neither good nor bad. Somewhere in the middle of that. Certainly not a display deserving of all the flak on here. IMO of course.

As for me ‘struggling’ not at all. 

He was neither good nor bad. Not a display deserving of flak.

So you think a display you describe as not good deserves no criticism?

2 hours ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

I feel like it might click for him at some point; maybe I'm wrong though. He reeks of Aribo in the early stages at the moment - heavy touches, wrong passes, shots into row z... however with a few decent goals, and games in Europe, his confidence kicked in and he kicked on...

We'll see.  

He’s nothing like Aribo at all.

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

Apparently he does very well in training and so gets a game. But he adds nothing to the team in a competitive match.

If anybody comes in for him I would let him go.

I’d give him away for fuck all 

If people think that Barker should be anywhere near the first team squad then we really are fucked. 
Im hoping he’s just making up the numbers till more quality comes in. If we are relying on players of that poor a standard then we can hand them 9.75 right now 

I disagree with a thread who's sole aim is to highlight a player for the sole intent of criticising him, If we had been beaten then I could just about get it, on a downer and a need to vent. However we won and he din't play well, so just leave it at that for the time being. There's no need for personal attacks on a Rangers player.

Just now, Billyblueblood said:

I disagree with a thread who's sole aim is to highlight a player for the sole intent of criticising him, If we had been beaten then I could just about get it, on a downer and a need to vent. However we won and he din't play well, so just leave it at that for the time being. There's no need for personal attacks on a Rangers player.

Cry me a river ffs 😂

Barker does have some ability.. I just don't think he's cut out for how we play.

We would get far more from him by letting him play as a winger, staying out wide and running at players. However regrettably for him that's not how we set up... he just doesn't look comfortable playing as an inside forward. I.e. on the breakaway with Kent yesterday, with his shitty run he basically forced Kent to keep the ball and killed any chance of a cut back.

1 minute ago, Billyblueblood said:

We know who the new scapegoat is at any rate :boughy:

4 minutes ago, Billyblueblood said:

Sorry Mrs Barker, but your son is pish. 

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He was neither good nor bad. Not a display deserving of flak.

So you think a display you describe as not good deserves no criticism?

His display was ok. We won 2-0 he played his part i a good team performance. So for me I like to be positive. Don’t think he did anything outrageously bad. 

Good game last week. Ok this week.  Move on... 

1 minute ago, Blues Brother said:

His display was ok. We won 2-0 he played his part i a good team performance. So for me I like to be positive. Don’t think he did anything outrageously bad. 

Good game last week. Ok this week.  Move on... 

So his performances worsened. Thanks for clarifying mate 👍

Archived