4 minutes ago, Billyblueblood said:

I disagree with a thread who's sole aim is to highlight a player for the sole intent of criticising him, If we had been beaten then I could just about get it, on a downer and a need to vent. However we won and he din't play well, so just leave it at that for the time being. There's no need for personal attacks on a Rangers player.

Sorry Mrs Barker, but your son is pish. 

esquire8, Vision and Ivybank like this
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joined 2012 Posts nearly a decade later in block capital letters. I can smell something.

Im actually embarrassed there are people on here thinking he will come good or has ability. Should switch to cricket ffs. Up there with the poorest footballers to ever wear the Rangers shirt

Ojo was fucking rotten as well. 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He was neither good nor bad. Not a display deserving of flak.

So you think a display you describe as not good deserves no criticism?

His display was ok. We won 2-0 he played his part i a good team performance. So for me I like to be positive. Don’t think he did anything outrageously bad. 

Good game last week. Ok this week.  Move on... 

johanhentze likes this
1 minute ago, Blues Brother said:

His display was ok. We won 2-0 he played his part i a good team performance. So for me I like to be positive. Don’t think he did anything outrageously bad. 

Good game last week. Ok this week.  Move on... 

So his performances worsened. Thanks for clarifying mate 👍

I know that some will argue that both Barisic and Kent had had a poor start to their Rangers career before coming good.

Cannot see the same being true of Barker. He has lots of pace but no footballing brain. A place on the bench should be the most he can hope for.

Personally I would move him on, if possible. 

Gascoigne8 likes this
5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Good last week, ok this week you said.

On that definition, is that parity in quality or lesser quality? Contrasting solely based on those 2 terms, does good = ok?

This is not what we have been debating. And all players form changes from week to week. Game to game. What you are saying is irrelevant to what we were discussing 

Barker isn't a bad player. There's no way someone like Gerrard maintains such faith in him unless there's *something* there. He ripped us apart for Hibs a few years ago, City kept him for years, he has pace to burn, and sometimes shows a bit of cleverness with his movement. His problem isn't his talent, it's just that he doesn't seem to have what it takes to play for a club like Rangers. Yesterday summed it up - he was racing down the left and free of any defenders, and where we should have scored instead he shit the bed, froze up and somehow conspired to lose the ball. You could see later when Kent should have put Barker through that he specifically chose not to because he didn't trust Barker - you can't have that going on for too long.

He doesn't seem to have the confidence or the courage to play for Rangers. I suspect he did so well at Hibs because he's suited to a club that will appreciate him for having a good game every 1 in 5.

Barker is more a problem as an indicator of how stubborn Gerrard can be about things. He's sure Barker can come good so he keeps on giving him chances when other players don't get the same opportunities despite doing nothing wrong.

gmcf, caps13gb and Grundy like this
6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If you're in the youth side how fucking scunnered must you be looking at that clown running about like Quasimodo and thinking to yourself, "What the fuck do I need to do to get into that team?" 

Yet (as much as I liked the look of the likes of McPake at youth level) these same youth players struggle for games at shitty clubs when they go out on loan.

If the youths were showing up better than him in training and bounce games they'd be ahead of him.

7 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

This is not what we have been debating. And all players form changes from week to week. Game to game. What you are saying is irrelevant to what we were discussing 

Brandon Barker is what we've been discussing.

There's little evidence of doing well yesterday. It's clear his performance isn't at last weeks level.

There's no justification in a player who 1 week was good, next week OK, keeping his jersey.

That's it in a nutshell. There's no case for him. 

6 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Barker isn't a bad player. There's no way someone like Gerrard maintains such faith in him unless there's *something* there. He ripped us apart for Hibs a few years ago, City kept him for years, he has pace to burn, and sometimes shows a bit of cleverness with his movement. His problem isn't his talent, it's just that he doesn't seem to have what it takes to play for a club like Rangers. Yesterday summed it up - he was racing down the left and free of any defenders, and where we should have scored instead he shit the bed, froze up and somehow conspired to lose the ball. You could see later when Kent should have put Barker through that he specifically chose not to because he didn't trust Barker - you can't have that going on for too long.

He doesn't seem to have the confidence or the courage to play for Rangers. I suspect he did so well at Hibs because he's suited to a club that will appreciate him for having a good game every 1 in 5.

Barker is more a problem as an indicator of how stubborn Gerrard can be about things. He's sure Barker can come good so he keeps on giving him chances when other players don't get the same opportunities despite doing nothing wrong.

He is. He done the same with Ojo, who is pish, but still better than Barker.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Yet (as much as I liked the look of the likes of McPake at youth level) these same youth players struggle for games at shitty clubs when they go out on loan.

If the youths were showing up better than him in training and bounce games they'd be ahead of him.

Being good in training and bounce games obviously means fuck all then because he's pish when it matters.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Being good in training and bounce games obviously means fuck all then because he's pish when it matters.

The youths have to show they're better than him or whoever else is in front of them to get a chance though, no? And the only way they can do that is in training or bounce games, the same way it works at every level of football.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The youths have to show they're better than him or whoever else is in front of them to get a chance though, no? And the only way they can do that is in training or bounce games, the same way it works at every level of football.

Or they can get a chance ahead of someone in a game when they're constantly pish and lets us down. Fairly simple.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Or they can get a chance ahead of someone in a game when they're constantly pish and lets us down. Fairly simple.

Putting aside the fact Gerrard doesn't seem to agree Barker's constantly pish or lets us down, you don't give someone a chance just for the sake of it when they haven't looked a better player than those ahead of them in training or bounce games.

If there's nothing or little between two players you would do, but if the youths are just making up the numbers in training and don't look as good or better than who they're trying to replace then it would be ridiculous to play them.

It's up to Middleton, McPake, Kennedy (if he's still in the picture), Mebude etc. to as Gerrard himself put it be obsessed with making it impossible for him to ignore them. The fact they go to Hibs or Dundee as two of them did and barely play tells its own story.

33 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Brandon Barker is what we've been discussing.

There's little evidence of doing well yesterday. It's clear his performance isn't at last weeks level.

There's no justification in a player who 1 week was good, next week OK, keeping his jersey.

That's it in a nutshell. There's no case for him. 

Still bemused at the justification of him getting a jersey in the first place.

Do we have an injury crisis? Are the youth knackered? Is Jimmy Bell not registered?

Only if the above is true is when he should be getting a start for us.