Cutting Edge

BearInTheToon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Kent’s the only one that looks on form at the moment.  Morelos, Hagi, nor Roofe are at their best.  I’m sure it’ll come in time.  Someone else in to help them out would be nice.

The rest are well fucked if we are top with only Kent on form.  Just wait until we have 2 or even 3 on form at the same time. :sarcasm:

43 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Well, that’s very easy,  clichéd even, to say that and especially after the fact when the game is won.  

But we all know that’s not going to happen.   We need to score more to relieve pressure in games and give us the best chance of winning one-off ties.

Well no,it's a fact. Don't concede and you only need to score one. 

35 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

The rest are well fucked if we are top with only Kent on form.  Just wait until we have 2 or even 3 on form at the same time. :sarcasm:

I think there’s a lot more to come from Hagi and Roofe.  We know Morelos can play better than he has been this year.  Kent is head and shoulders above everyone right now.

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m not sure I understand what “cutting edge” is Tbh

especially as we haven’t lost a game or conceded a goal.  

must be every game at 6-0 maybe???

Not scoring in the last 60 minutes despite dominating the game is a lack of a cutting edge.

30 minutes ago, Sket said:

Well no,it's a fact. Don't concede and you only need to score one. 

And can you give me an example of where and when game after game, throughout an entire season, that’s ever happened, especially in Scottish football and European football, with either of the Old Firm? 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Davis & Jack were fine today but we really need a midfielder that can dribble past players.

I suppose Hagi is supposed to be that player but he is lacking a wee bit of confidence at the moment.

And obviously we are missing Aribo's directness.

Hagi would normally take up positions that Barker is in but I truly believe that Hagi is being stifled to accommodate the useless cunt.

Gerrard clearly wants to swim against the tide and make some kind of point by persevering with Barker where anyone can see his limitations. We have just sold better players than Barker to Aberdeen and Hivs FFS.

Get Barker out the team (preferably out the country)  and you’ll see Hagi blossom again.

1 hour ago, BearInTheToon said:

And can you give me an example of where and when game after game, throughout an entire season, that’s ever happened, especially in Scottish football and European football, with either of the Old Firm? 

“One - nil to the Arsenal”

Arsenal were experts at it at one point.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

I detest the cautious scared approach with Gerrard when it comes to subs when we are leading.

The last few games he made a slew of substitutions tbh. But today, I was confused by his lack of subs especially since there are no upcoming games.

13 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I detest the cautious scared approach with Gerrard when it comes to subs when we are leading.

He says post match he would like us to be more clinical in front of goal, so he brings on Arfield and leaves Morelos on the bench :lol:

He honestly doesn't help himself at times. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He has but they are hardly ever positive ones.

Vs Killie 80 minutes Arfield for Roofe = defensive.

84 minutes Kamara for Davis

86 minutes - Like for like 3 subs

Vs St Johnstone 4 subs at 60 minutes. 3 like for like and Arfield for Aribo which is a a more defensive change.

Not asking to go all out attack but against St Mirren he brought on Itten, Davis and Arfield for Jack, Aribo and Morelos. Could have took Kamara off instead, played Arfield there and put Itten behind Morelos. 

The games slow down and we settle for that scoreline because its a more cautious type player on for an attack minded one.

He brings on 4 subs at once against St Johnstone and they are not the right ones? Who were the others choices? Bassey maybe? Stewart maybe? A goalie?

Nitpicking.

Today's subs confused me. ( or lack of)

Great start statistically , enjoyed the first half today, the rest of the 5 and a half games have been a sore watch, yes we’d take 38 borefest to win the title , I’m a big believer you play with a swagger and at a good tempo the results will keep coming , you play at a slow boring pace just getting by the Livi result is just around the corner 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its not hard to grasp when I actually state the exact problem!

Maybe just think about what I said with the players being subbed OFF!!

Its also not nitpicking either because many see it the exact same way and are unhappy with settling for scorelines and not going for more goals! 

You'd be one of the posters looking positively should we lose the league 'only' on goal difference, where as I would be fuming at the chances missed to score more goals. Thats the difference!

I have mentioned twice already I didn't agree with the lack of subs today or do you have trouble reading.

you were critical of the 4 subs he brought on at St Johnstone when the others left were Murphy, Bassey & McGregor is what I referred to as nitpicking.

And no, I won't be one of those fucking posters. I mentioned at HT in the match thread I wanted more goals in the second half. 

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Hagi would normally take up positions that Barker is in but I truly believe that Hagi is being stifled to accommodate the useless cunt.

Gerrard clearly wants to swim against the tide and make some kind of point by persevering with Barker where anyone can see his limitations. We have just sold better players than Barker to Aberdeen and Hivs FFS.

Get Barker out the team (preferably out the country)  and you’ll see Hagi blossom again.

Before todays game, Hagi and Barker have been on the pitch together for a total of 11 minutes this season. (domestic and Europe)

There could be 100 reasons to explain why Hagi has struggled this season.. however suggesting that Barker has anything to do with it is simply alot of nonsense.

If you don't rate him that's perfectly fine.. just don't start making shit up.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Davis & Jack were fine today but we really need a midfielder that can dribble past players.

I suppose Hagi is supposed to be that player but he is lacking a wee bit of confidence at the moment.

And obviously we are missing Aribo's directness.

It’s pace hagi lacks mate not confidence, his spl form now is exactly the same as it was last season , I was very much in the minority that wouldn’t have signed him , i’m patiently waiting and desperate to be proved wrong 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

To a man fur fuck sake was shouted at the tv today I bet when croker said Rangers are set to bring on Kamara and Arfield 

2 hours ago, Cedrick said:

It’s pace hagi lacks mate not confidence, his spl form now is exactly the same as it was last season , I was very much in the minority that wouldn’t have signed him , i’m patiently waiting and desperate to be proved wrong 

I think he will go on to have a great career but I doubt he will ever become his da.

Archived