Cutting Edge

BearInTheToon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More important to focus on achieving a proper winning run (which we've failed to do for far too long) than goal difference atm.  

Hoping (and expecting) we'll get far more clinical in final 3rd as Roofe gets his match sharpness up as he's getting into the right areas.  

Until then, just keep winning.

11 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

And can you give me an example of where and when game after game, throughout an entire season, that’s ever happened, especially in Scottish football and European football, with either of the Old Firm? 

Why would I do that? 

Although we’re not scoring 5s and 6s, we are completely dominant. Results have never been in doubt. We’re a bit Mourinho like getting 2-0 up and then just killing the game and conserving energy. 

We’ve burnt out (or bottled it) for the last 2 years, might be that we’re working on doing enough to get the job done - and then having a rest. Can’t go 1 million miles an hour all season with our squad. 

Remains to be seen if we can step it up when we need to (didn’t until the last 20 at Livi). 

Let's just appreciate a fairly facile victory. Due to past experiences most of us were a bit wary of this game beforehand but we put it to bed in the first half and never looked like slipping up, Respect to Hamilton, they did not park the bus and, in having a go, they left us more room than we are used to.  All in all it was a good days work and at this stage of the season it's points that matter, goal difference should not be the focus unless it's tight at the top.,,,,and it's not,,,,,,Mind the gap!

13 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Davis & Jack were fine today but we really need a midfielder that can dribble past players.

I suppose Hagi is supposed to be that player but he is lacking a wee bit of confidence at the moment.

And obviously we are missing Aribo's directness.

Aribo will replace Barker, and listening to S.G. I expect at least one more signing perhaps two before window closes 

Archived