6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Average would be an improvement. Last season the players between them scored only 4 penalties out of 10.

Edit - According to Transfermarkt Borna has scored 4 penalties out of 6 attempts during his whole career.

Decent record. Just remember some negative posts regarding it last year. Must have been on about him missing his last two.

Definitely be my pick.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

World class left foot and he can also defend. Such a good player and he has been strolling the league so far along with the other 3 at the back.  Think Borna is only going to get better. He

Hopefully he doesn't' play. Looks like he could use a wee rest. Defensively, he has been giving his man too much space the last few games.

He's not even near top gear. Imo the quality of his crossing is better than some of his general play. When his overall play catches up, by fuck he's going to be poty front running.

Posted Images

Often wonder when he is on the half way with the accuracy of his crossing why he doesn't try the odd pass forward into the middle of the goal rather than pass sideways. Not a criticism by the way.

3 minutes ago, Tom0411 said:

Often wonder when he is on the half way with the accuracy of his crossing why he doesn't try the odd pass forward into the middle of the goal rather than pass sideways. Not a criticism by the way.

Trying to comprehend this...can't.

12 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

Best full back in the country, by a country mile. And a couple of year ago a lot on here had him as a dud.  A "weakling" if i mind right. Just shows you eh?  Roofe was getting it today on here, he is a dud as well after 3 games or something. Maybe we should maybe wait for a while before passing judgement.

He was though. People were right in their judgement at the time. We don’t really have the luxury of giving players a year to find their feet. He was physically and mentally weak. So much that Flanagan was getting in front of him. 

Credit to him and the management team for turning it around. Doesn’t mean people weren’t right at the time. 

6 hours ago, Dave Whelan said:

Wand of a left foot. Worth many millions in today’s market 

Like Kent he''s top drawer. The type of player that's key to us winning the league this year.  I feel we could do with adding another quality big central powerhouse ball winning midfielder though. I appreciate Aribo will be back soon but I just think we could do with a bit more physical presence in there . Keep winning though and it won't be an issue.

SANDYGER likes this
1 hour ago, JackAlex93 said:

World class left foot and he can also defend. Such a good player and he has been strolling the league so far along with the other 3 at the back. 

Think Borna is only going to get better.

He is one of the best left backs in Europe, already. 

Well said.

JackAlex93 likes this
13 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

World class left foot and he can also defend. Such a good player and he has been strolling the league so far along with the other 3 at the back. 

Think Borna is only going to get better.

He is one of the best left backs in Europe, already. 

Spot on mate........... so glad SG decided to stick by him during his early days at the club........... hopefully , he will only get better.

JackAlex93 likes this

He's our best player. Morelos can dominate a game more, when Kent shows up he makes us a much better team, but Barisic is reliable. He's always at least 7/10, but more than that he consistently produces assists and some genuinely top-class crosses and passes. We'd miss him more than any other player.

I find it a little bizarre how little attention he gets sometimes outwith our fanbase bar the odd praise by a commentator but I'm glad for it. He's arguably the best player in the league and I want him here for years.

14 minutes ago, tm91 said:

He's our best player. Morelos can dominate a game more, when Kent shows up he makes us a much better team, but Barisic is reliable. He's always at least 7/10, but more than that he consistently produces assists and some genuinely top-class crosses and passes. We'd miss him more than any other player.

I find it a little bizarre how little attention he gets sometimes outwith our fanbase bar the odd praise by a commentator but I'm glad for it. He's arguably the best player in the league and I want him here for years.

It did take us a good while to get a player who was left footed and could defend. I know we had Wallace, but he wasn't on the same level as Borna and was injured for the majority of the time when we actually needed a quality left back at our club. Was probably our best player during the banter years, but we could've went without him when we were down there. 

tm91 likes this
1 hour ago, Born Sinner said:

I meant next summer 

Money before ambition 🤮

we need to keep our best players for as long as possible. We will never win anything if we keep offloading our best players every couple of seasons as some suggest.