Kent speaks

Leeds_Bear

RYAN KENT insists he will continue to give his all for Rangers as he looks to repay the faith that Steven Gerrard has shown in him at Ibrox.

Leeds United had a £10million offer for Kent rejected earlier this month but the Premier League newcomers could return to the table and test Rangers' resolve as Marcelo Bielsa bids to bolster his attack.

Ibrox boss Gerrard has expressed his determination to retain Kent's services after shelling out £7million to bring the 23-year-old back to Glasgow on a permanent basis last summer.

Kent has been instrumental in the Gers' unbeaten start to the Premiership campaign and won't allow his focus to drift amid ongoing speculation over his long-term future.

"Every time I go out on the pitch I just want to give my best for Rangers," Kent said after goals from Ianis Hagi and James Tavernier earned a 2-0 win over Hamilton Accies. “This is a club that has given me opportunities that I've not had before.

“It's a massive football club so I'll continue to do right by Rangers.

“I can't thank the fans enough, they've always been supportive of me even when I was on loan.

“It's difficult for loan players to come into a club and be welcomed but they did that with me.

“That was a big incentive for coming back here, getting a feel for the size of this club.

“The fans are one of, if not the, biggest thing about this club. You don't get fans like Rangers fans so every time I step out on the pitch it's an honour to represent them.

“I'll continue to give my best for Rangers. Where my future takes me, I'm not sure but as long as I've got a Rangers shirt on, I'll give my best.

“The relationship with the manager is key, as it is for any footballer. Especially for a forward player, you need to feel comfortable and enjoy your football.

“I certainly do here. The coaching staff have put a lot of faith in me and a lot of work into me to get numbers into my game.

“That's showing this season, I'm getting into the right areas now and putting away finishes that I wasn't last season.

“I want to repay the manager for that backing, this is the season to do that.

17 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

RYAN KENT insists he will continue to give his all for Rangers as he looks to repay the faith that Steven Gerrard has shown in him at Ibrox.

Leeds United had a £10million offer for Kent rejected earlier this month but the Premier League newcomers could return to the table and test Rangers' resolve as Marcelo Bielsa bids to bolster his attack.

Ibrox boss Gerrard has expressed his determination to retain Kent's services after shelling out £7million to bring the 23-year-old back to Glasgow on a permanent basis last summer.

Kent has been instrumental in the Gers' unbeaten start to the Premiership campaign and won't allow his focus to drift amid ongoing speculation over his long-term future.

"Every time I go out on the pitch I just want to give my best for Rangers," Kent said after goals from Ianis Hagi and James Tavernier earned a 2-0 win over Hamilton Accies. “This is a club that has given me opportunities that I've not had before.

“It's a massive football club so I'll continue to do right by Rangers.

“I can't thank the fans enough, they've always been supportive of me even when I was on loan.

“It's difficult for loan players to come into a club and be welcomed but they did that with me.

“That was a big incentive for coming back here, getting a feel for the size of this club.

“The fans are one of, if not the, biggest thing about this club. You don't get fans like Rangers fans so every time I step out on the pitch it's an honour to represent them.

“I'll continue to give my best for Rangers. Where my future takes me, I'm not sure but as long as I've got a Rangers shirt on, I'll give my best.

“The relationship with the manager is key, as it is for any footballer. Especially for a forward player, you need to feel comfortable and enjoy your football.

“I certainly do here. The coaching staff have put a lot of faith in me and a lot of work into me to get numbers into my game.

“That's showing this season, I'm getting into the right areas now and putting away finishes that I wasn't last season.

13 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Not sure I like the sound of that too much.

3 minutes ago, Zetland said:

Why? What’s your problem with what was said? 

It's all good, but that one line in bold makes me kinda wonder tho.

21 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Not sure I like the sound of that too much.

I know what you mean, and on first read, that's what I took too. BUT....he's not daft....he knows if, (for sake of an argument), Leeds come in with a bid of £15+, he's gone. The club would sell, so he can't commit for certain. 

12 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Not the definitive “I’ll be here for another decade” I’d have liked but gives me hope he’ll see the season out. 

If we're to win the title this year its imperative Kent remains at Ibrox. Its that simple. He's a top English Premiership player plying his trade at a slightly lower level. He's top drawer and must stay for now.  He'll have his choice of suitors next season.

no player is bigger than the club and if he wants to move on it is his right to do so. As long as he gives everything and works hard while he is here that is what matters. Sounds like a very grateful young man if you asked me though. a year or two more of him i would be happy.

if he finds consistency for most of the season then he will be far ahead of most players in the league easily. But the better he does the better the price we will be able to ask for. and him being english the premier league clubs pay silly money for english players.

also turns up in big games. A very valuable trait to have.

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Keeps playing like this he won't be here next season.

Only the very top teams in Europe will afford him. He's very top class. Better stay and lift the league trophy this season though, for sure.

8 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Personally think he's away. Gutted.

Nah, I think he's as quite settled/commited here. His burd is from here, and if he continues the way he's started he could well get a move to a bigger club down south further down the line, and his value will increase three fold .

36 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

But then you could quite as easily quote this in isolation to show he’s staying. I think overall the crux of that interview is he’s happy here - he loves the fans, the club and playing for Gerrard. He’s not wanting away or talking about desires to play in the PL like Alfredo has done previously.

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

But then you could quite as easily quote this in isolation to show he’s staying. I think overall the crux of that interview is he’s happy here - he loves the fans, the club and playing for Gerrard. He’s not wanting away or talking about desires to play in the PL like Alfredo has done previously.

I know the tone of the interview overall is good, but that one line leaves that little doubt.

Archived