Kent speaks

Leeds_Bear

Just now, British_Empire said:

I know the tone of the interview overall is good, but that one line leaves that little doubt.

Don’t agree. It’s purely a throw away comment. He quite obviously can’t say “I’m not going to leave ever” as if the right bid comes in and we accept he’ll be off. But he’s not pushing for it and he’s happy. Think we are making a little too much of one line in a predominantly positive interview. 

10 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Don’t agree. It’s purely a throw away comment. He quite obviously can’t say “I’m not going to leave ever” as if the right bid comes in and we accept he’ll be off. But he’s not pushing for it and he’s happy. Think we are making a little too much of one line in a predominantly positive interview. 

Don't expect him to say that either. Maybe am reading too much into but that line leaves it a bit more open than I'd have liked. 

I don't think he wants to leave anyway.

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He wants to win the league then he's off, is what i take from that

Fucking brilliant player. Really needed him to step it up this year and he's doing it for us. 

Does the business this season and I'm sure we'll all wish him the best when he leaves. 

Signed for £7m and if everything goes according to plan he'll leave for triple that, its what we should be doing with players. 

5 hours ago, psb07158 said:

He wants to win the league then he's off, is what i take from that

Fucking brilliant player. Really needed him to step it up this year and he's doing it for us. 

No way should he be going anywhere this season , huge bid next year and hes off is my take as well.......

7 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I know the tone of the interview overall is good, but that one line leaves that little doubt.

Because there simply HAS TO BE some doubt. Every player, at every club doesn't know if the manager will call them in one day and say "we've accepted a bid". Gerrard has set the scene by saying "We have to be realistic.....if Leeds come back.......every player has a value."......

Kent is acknowledging Gerrards statement while at the same time telling everybody that cares to understand, that he loves it here and has no desire to do anything other than put a shift in for Rangers every time he pulls on the light blue shirt. 

Nothing other than a statement of high maturity for such a young fella.

What I took from that is he wants to repay the fans and Gerrard for giving him a chance, wants to win the league for us before any move.

Think Kent’s said before this is the club he’s felt most at home at, I can’t see him going back down to England any time soon and apart from a couple games last season I reckon the last 2 months have probably the most he’s enjoyed his football in a long time. He’s in superb form.

1 hour ago, Flatcap said:

Because there simply HAS TO BE some doubt. Every player, at every club doesn't know if the manager will call them in one day and say "we've accepted a bid". Gerrard has set the scene by saying "We have to be realistic.....if Leeds come back.......every player has a value."......

Kent is acknowledging Gerrards statement while at the same time telling everybody that cares to understand, that he loves it here and has no desire to do anything other than put a shift in for Rangers every time he pulls on the light blue shirt. 

Excellent post.

1 hour ago, Flatcap said:

Couldn’t agree more. This place loves a bit of pessimism though! 

Every player has a price on his head and if the Club are offered enough then that player is a goner. That is a sad fact, for it is also a business they are running.

The best scenario here would be that an unhappy Morelos is sold for a reasonable wedge, enough so that the board are satisfied and can afford to ignore the offers for Kent. 

Have to say the lad is a bit of a stand out at the minute, but if the right offer comes along, he's off, particularly to the EPL. Why wouldn't you ffs?!

He's shown good character in the speculation surrounding him, whereas Alfie has been the opposite and I would guess none too happy that he's still here. He's got to step up and prove himself again that will attract clubs to give him that ever elusive move.

Think we all need to accept that 2/3 seasons is prob what we will get out of above average players. The money is too good in the better leagues and the standard of footie is better. Much is said of, “ yeah but he,ll get Euro footie, but that is just the platform to getting noticed although even without that, internet coverage is now superb. We should learn to enjoy while we have them and understand when they leave, hopefully at a profit, we will welcome another for 2/3 seasons. We would do the same in our own employ ( well I would have 5/6 years ago), so in this very, I want everything now society, Who can blame them. The days of lifelong affiliations are basically gone.

Archived