Losing Helander was a massive blow last season, at a time when we looked incredibly solid all over the park. The goals dried up after the christmas break, but we also lost stupid fucking goals.

beararse likes this
4 hours ago, ZZed said:

We are in good shape with the defense and Gerrard has bought well. We will rotate this when the cups and Europe kick in but we do have quaility to come in, in all the positions.

I’m not sure yet that we’ve got quality to come in at left back. I’m not saying Bassey isn’t good enough, but we’ve not seen enough of him yet.

ZZed likes this

CB pairing is arguably the strongest part of our team this season , for me  we need an absolute Bear of a man  to sit just in front as a sweeper sort, would  give us that extra player a  bit further up the park which could make the difference between 3 points and 1 

bennyali likes this
3 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

CB pairing is arguably the strongest part of our team this season , for me  we need an absolute Bear of a man  to sit just in front as a sweeper sort, would  give us that extra player a  bit further up the park which could make the difference between 3 points and 1 

I'd fucking love to see it. Some cunt who'd happily break his granny in half to stop us conceding 

12 hours ago, bennyali said:

I'd fucking love to see it. Some cunt who'd happily break his granny in half to stop us conceding 

16 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

Agreed. A big 6ft 3 ball winner.

That McCrorie at Aberdeen looks a player. Already got a couple of motm. 

8 minutes ago, soulboy said:

Sure I read on here that last season in the league when Borna and Tav both played we only lost once.  Both have played every game this season and we haven't lost domestically 

Every one of the back 5 have looked strong defensively. And I'll add Balogun to that given how well he did too 

soulboy likes this
On 30/08/2020 at 16:31, left winger said:

I’m not sure yet that we’ve got quality to come in at left back. I’m not saying Bassey isn’t good enough, but we’ve not seen enough of him yet.

This is my biggest concern. Our record when either Tav or Borna aren’t fit is pretty poor & IMO, that still hasn’t been addressed. 

We’re not going to get the quality of those 2, of course, but we’re effectively relying on two untested youths to step up and be our most creative players. That’s a tough ask.

3 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

This is my biggest concern. Our record when either Tav or Borna aren’t fit is pretty poor & IMO, that still hasn’t been addressed. 

We’re not going to get the quality of those 2, of course, but we’re effectively relying on two untested youths to step up and be our most creative players. That’s a tough ask.

If we get the best part of £20million for Morelos and can bring in a CM for £2-3million, I’d like us to bring in someone who can cover for Tav/Borna.

Theyre so pivotal to how we play, so even if it’s somebody who’s getting on but can play either side, we could use an experienced backup

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

If we get the best part of £20million for Morelos and can bring in a CM for £2-3million, I’d like us to bring in someone who can cover for Tav/Borna.

Theyre so pivotal to how we play, so even if it’s somebody who’s getting on but can play either side, we could use an experienced backup

I’d want to be spending a lot more on a cm if we get that for Morelos, should be looking at a 6/7m midfielder 

BridgeIsBlue likes this