Official Rangers vs Dundee Utd Match Thread

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We're simply not bringing in 2 attacking midfielders this window. We've already a bloated squad never mind adding 2 more then Aribo returns next month. Its not happening 

Another season of failure looms then if we're sticking with the same dross. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

I’m relieved about Barisic as he’d be a bigger loss than any of those mentioned.  But what the fuck actually happened to Aribo? Has it ever been properly explained?  

Like others have said, we seem to be the kings of knocks turning into long lay-offs.  Sounds to me like he’s done his ankle ligaments to some degree and they just don’t want to publicise it.

This is my exact feelings on it, how can it go from missing one game a month ago to now another 4-6 weeks out? They fucked it IMO. 

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Another season of failure looms then if we're sticking with the same dross. 

I'd hope we bring one in, we'll not be bringing 2 in. 

We're doing good now, room for improvement though. Not fully clicking but not far off it. Last season we won at their dump with the 'dross' instrumental in that. If we go there without Aribo then we have Roofe and Hagi to step in. 

We're going to have to expect players to step up to cover injuries unless they're long term and we can react. We can't expect to just keep signing players. We've done fine since he's been out injured.

Aribo is a loss, I'd be more concerned if it had been Borna out longer tbh.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Last season we won at their dump with the 'dross' instrumental in that. If we go there without Aribo then we have Roofe and Hagi to step in. 

For all the good it done in the long run. 

And Roofe and Hagi have done hee haw so far this term, though it is still early. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

For all the good it done in the long run. 

And Roofe and Hagi have done hee haw so far this term, though it is still early. 

We seem to have a different improved mentality, hope so anyways.

I'm not saying we don't need to improve, I'm just saying that numerous new players coming in are highly unlikely, and Aribo out for a month or so more won't affect that imo.

3 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Head down! Fire us to 55 then get a good move and get 20mil easily 

Worst scenario is he stays and his head / heart isn't in it.

If he stays and delivers as he can, or goes and we spend to strengthen midfield then thats far better for us.

46 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

No Aribo for 4-6 weeks :megaanguish:

One of the very few who offers something different. Stuck with the likes of Barker and Arfield now.

Our lack of quality and depth in the midfield area is the reason we will probably come up short again this season 

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

One of the very few who offers something different. Stuck with the likes of Barker and Arfield now.

Our lack of quality and depth in the midfield area is the reason we will probably come up short again this season 

Agreed, he offers you something none of our other midfielders can. Need him back as soon as possible. 

Really bad news about Aribo, probably one of 3 we cant replace from  within the squad, the others being Barisic and Kent. We really need to get in a replacement before we go to parkhead. A good quality loan might do it but if we do nothing then we are asking for it going there, we may get away with it tomorrow but we will miss his quality over 6 weeks. Over to Ross Wilson.

Archived