He’s right but living in la la land

Can’t see it posted elsewhere but honestly does he really believe it would/could ever happen? the only two money spinners in Scottish football, the suits would never let it happen.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/levein-suggests-scottish-football-would-be-better-without-Rangers-and-celtic/

What a fucking idiot, "I would love to see them go, I would let them go. They would have to pay a hefty fee to go mind".  So they want us to go, but only if we pay millions to a league we won't then compete in.  I actually think he's not right in the head these days.  

Rather than improving their own houses, which was supposed to happen when we were demoted, they still point fingers that they can't compete. Rather than serving up shite week in week out, perhaps coaching and improving their own set ups would actually serve a higher purpose than getting us to leave but pay millions for the luxury. 

The only thing crippling the Scottish game are the dinosaurs running it, of which Levein is similar.

There are far too many 'professional' clubs for the country's size, plastic pitches, shite TV deals for going on two decades - a wholly undervalued and undersold product with the marketing capabilities of a child's lemonade stand. 

Not to mention the xenophobic approach the media take to outsiders and how much they bang the drum for their pals - like Malky Mackay or popcorn. 

But yes, Rangers and that lot are the ones stopping people competing - by bringing brand value, European football and household names to the league. 

Guys like Craig Levein are everything that is wrong with Scottish football.

Blame teams that achieve and absolve blame to the clubs that are happy to do nothing.

Rangers have got nothing to do with any other clubs ability or non ability to compete.

Imagine saying “we want you to go, we are happy to see you go, but give us money before you do”.

A fucking dinosaur.

Take us and the taigs out of this league and it sinks without a trace.

What else do you expect but from the man that brought you 4-6-0 lol. 

Instead of moaning why don't the rest of Scottish football get it's houses in order and try to make the game better.  No instead they'll let clowns like doncaster continue to run the league. 

If we were to leave the league we would take our coefficient points with us. Scotland's UEFA ranking would immediately drop from 15th to around 50th, on par with Gibraltar, Northern Ireland and Wales, probably even behind them. The TV deal would also no doubt be renegotiated to the point where they would be earning more in the current deal from finishing below mid-table than they would from winning the league under a new one.

Only way I would like us to play in a league that wasn't Scottish is if it was the old "Atlantic league" idea. 

Would be good for all the teams that were mooted at the time for it. Big teams in wee leagues, like ourselves would be a great money spinner and would allow us to compete financially with the big 5 leagues. Could maybe even make us a bigger draw than at least the French league and put us on par with the likes of the Germans/Italians/Spanish.  

I would hate to see us turn out to be like the English premier league where they have a club who are genuinely looking at paying £500m for a 33yr old.

There is no way we are going to England, Levein is bumping his gums so a newspaper gives him some money. The Scottish league only has 2 teams that most out side of Scotland would watch, the away support from us and them pump money in to the rest of the league and a TV deal would be a write off. If we did go, Rangers would progress and go up the leagues (The FA would not put us in the top league) and the septic support would be banned from almost every English city after 1 visit. We would be ok but Scottish football would basically die.

2 hours ago, Sket said:

Hes a jakey bastard. Im surprised he took his dick out of Budge long enough to come away with that.

leveins the taker, budge is the giver, I'm surprised bbc brigadoom haven't gave him a spot yet with rest of the mheejah whores.

Archived